Page 1 of 6 [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2011, 12:15 pm

*source->CLICK*

Quote:
Graham Reeves, 52, stood dumbstruck in front of the smoldering ruins of his family store, the House of Reeves on Croydon in south London. The store is a local landmark run by his family for decades — he said his 80-year old father was hysterical when he heard the news.

"No one's stolen anything," Graham Reeves said. "They just burnt it down."

"This is the uprising of the working class. We're redistributing the wealth," said Bryn Phillips, a 28-year-old self-described anarchist, as young people emerged from a store with chocolate bars and ice cream cones.

WHEN this happens in America I hope the mobs have the good sense to target bankers, politicians, and greedy doctors and lawyers, NOT mom & pop shops and candy stores!

What's wrong with people?

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2011, 12:20 pm

As has been said elewhere, they're just lowlives, druggies, vandals, thieves, and other scummers.

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2011, 12:22 pm

Perhaps they're just getting warmed up.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

09 Aug 2011, 12:53 pm

I have a hard time imagining this would take 3-4 days to contain in the US.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2011, 1:07 pm

Kick them out, back to their original countries and take me instead.

I am a peaceful and a hard-worker law-abiding citizen, with no potential of becoming an Islamist (since I am atheist).

"God saves our gracious Queen...."

<-- and I am a Dr. Who fan.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 09 Aug 2011, 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2011, 1:15 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Kick them out, back to their original countries and take me instead.

Do you know, you're a bit ugly and only have a head, but sure we could sort something out. And since you're not an Islamist, bonus points.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2011, 1:16 pm

<-- and I am a Dr. Who fan.

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2011, 1:34 pm

GoonSquad wrote:
WHEN this happens in America I hope the mobs have the good sense to target bankers, politicians, and greedy doctors and lawyers, NOT mom & pop shops and candy stores!

True enough, alienating potential allies is no way to conduct social revolution. Random acts of vandalism, looting, and rioting may make for anarchy in the streets, but they do not bring about anarchism.

Lucywlf
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Aug 2011, 1:46 pm

I personally see a conspiracy in all of this.j

Funny how it started in a place that was only five kilometers, read: easy driving distance, to the Olympics site. Other cities have merely run out their working class and homeless populations, jacking up rents and/or arresting people and shipping them out. South Africa bought up property and razed it.

I think the plan originally was to take advantage of a peaceful protest to plant thugs to start rioting; they knew others would join in. They wanted the property destroyed and the people to have to leave so they could rebuild Olympics accomodations for wealthy visitors.

However, they underestimated the anger of the underclass and the riots quickly got out of hand.

Are the people who started this thugs and trash? Sure they are--buyable ones.

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2011, 1:48 pm

GoonSquad wrote:

Right because it's not rioting itself that makes it wrong, but who you target :roll:. Whether a mob targets mom and pop shops or banks doesn't matter to me, they do this s**t just because they can.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2011, 1:55 pm

AceOfSpades wrote:
GoonSquad wrote:

Right because it's not rioting itself that makes it wrong, but who you target :roll:. Whether a mob targets mom and pop shops or banks doesn't matter to me, they do this sh** just because they can.

That's a bit ignorant, considering the motives professed by some of the anarchists, that being discontent with the current class system-
their grievances are legitimate, their targets irrational.

to his Interest."

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2011, 2:06 pm

ValentineWiggin wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:
GoonSquad wrote:

Right because it's not rioting itself that makes it wrong, but who you target :roll:. Whether a mob targets mom and pop shops or banks doesn't matter to me, they do this sh** just because they can.

That's a bit ignorant, considering the motives professed by some of the anarchists, that being discontent with the current class system-
...And the complete lack of regard for others which allows them to see rioting as acceptable in the first place is completely inexcusable. Just because they hate the system, it doesn't mean they have to make it harder for others to survive within it.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2011, 2:09 pm

GoonSquad wrote:
*source->CLICK*

Quote:
Graham Reeves, 52, stood dumbstruck in front of the smoldering ruins of his family store, the House of Reeves on Croydon in south London. The store is a local landmark run by his family for decades — he said his 80-year old father was hysterical when he heard the news.

"No one's stolen anything," Graham Reeves said. "They just burnt it down."

"This is the uprising of the working class. We're redistributing the wealth," said Bryn Phillips, a 28-year-old self-described anarchist, as young people emerged from a store with chocolate bars and ice cream cones.

I agree.....they are targeting the wrong things...I am not totally opposed to rioting but I think the reasons for this riot are kind of stupid and its just a bunch of misguided rage at least that is what I am getting.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2011, 2:11 pm

AceOfSpades wrote:
ValentineWiggin wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:
GoonSquad wrote:

...And the complete lack of regard for others which allows them to see rioting as acceptable in the first place is completely inexcusable. Just because they hate the system, it doesn't mean they have to make it harder for others to survive within it.

I have no problem with a lack of regard for "others" when those others are responsible for vast economic inequalities and millions of DEATHS resultant of them. I'd buy the anarchists some duct tape, kerosene, and a match if they were targeting the actual arbiters of the horrors they claim to be taking a stand against, and laugh gleefully as fingernails were ripped out and flesh bubbled and charred off muscle, saddened only with the thought that those individuals would soon die, whereas the hordes of people whose lives they've ruined have and will suffer for decades.

to his Interest."

Last edited by ValentineWiggin on 09 Aug 2011, 2:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2011, 2:12 pm

ValentineWiggin wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:
GoonSquad wrote:

Exactly.

Look, it’s a terrible thing, but I’m not sure there’s a civil/nonviolent solution to this.

Why should the lower classes only suffer for the malfeasance of the plutocrats?

The time for a reckoning is coming, like it or not.

...bring on the days of wine and roses.

Last edited by GoonSquad on 09 Aug 2011, 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2011, 2:14 pm

GoonSquad wrote:
The time for a reckoning is coming, like it or not.

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible make violent revolution inevitable."

to his Interest."