Page 4 of 8 [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2011, 12:02 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
Jojoba wrote:
This is politics at its worst. This is a way for the Obama administration to buy votes from the hispanic community. Not sure if it will work. Jobs and a vibrant economy count more, I would think. Thought Investor's Business Daily had a nice quote about this back door amnesty by the President and American jobs.

"Editorial: Obama's Amnesty-Light Is A Bad Dream"
http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnalysi ... -Means.htm

excerpt:

Quote:
Senate Majority Whip Dick Durbin, a sponsor of the federal Dream Act, praised the DHS announcement.

"These students are the future doctors, lawyers, teachers and maybe senators who will make America stronger," he said in a statement.

So are the children of America's jobless. Many of their parents have given up hope of sending them to college, much less finding work. The focus should be on creating jobs for Americans, not those from other countries.

Durbin left out one important criterion — present and future voters. President Obama, taking a break from his 2012 re-election campaign to vacation at Martha's Vineyard while Americans scan the want ads, needs to secure his base, Hispanics included. Attracting votes and voters is what it's all about.

"If you look at immigrants from Mexico, they register 3-to-1 Democrat, so the Democratic Party is for easy citizenship and allowing them to vote," says Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky.

This is about making the Democratic Party, not America, strong. It's about inviting more people to climb aboard a boat that is sinking. Instead of asking itself where are the jobs, this White House is asking where are the illegal aliens and how can we keep them here?

Local governments in areas like mine have been asking for this action for YEARS. Why is no one getting that, and simply jumping on the "Hispanic vote" bandwagon? It could be recognized that the areas making such petitions are largely Blue, but GWB certainly did lots of politically skewed "listening," too. I will accept that Obama played to his loyal West Coast bleeding heart voters, educated and mostly white, and should also note that is where the real prize politically is: think campaign donors. To argue otherwise is a scare tactic.

As for the dream act, I think the college piece should be pulled out of it. But if someone wants to serve in our military or perform an act of heroism like a man in New Mexico did a few days ago ... THEY have EARNED something from us.

Yeah and we see how well California is doing these days, or rather how badly California is doing.

Show me cause and effect for making this argument here. We could just as easily say the issue is sunshine.

And there still is the local control question. Shouldn't we, under conservative ideals, have the right to choose our population, and how we want to handle it, even if it is to our detriment?

Shantih
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Aug 2011, 12:46 pm

Sounds good to me - it may just be a facade to gain political favour with the Hispanic community - but I nonetheless welcome any move which brings more freedom to more people.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2011, 6:25 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
Jojoba wrote:
This is politics at its worst. This is a way for the Obama administration to buy votes from the hispanic community. Not sure if it will work. Jobs and a vibrant economy count more, I would think. Thought Investor's Business Daily had a nice quote about this back door amnesty by the President and American jobs.

"Editorial: Obama's Amnesty-Light Is A Bad Dream"
http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnalysi ... -Means.htm

excerpt:

Quote:
Senate Majority Whip Dick Durbin, a sponsor of the federal Dream Act, praised the DHS announcement.

"These students are the future doctors, lawyers, teachers and maybe senators who will make America stronger," he said in a statement.

So are the children of America's jobless. Many of their parents have given up hope of sending them to college, much less finding work. The focus should be on creating jobs for Americans, not those from other countries.

Durbin left out one important criterion — present and future voters. President Obama, taking a break from his 2012 re-election campaign to vacation at Martha's Vineyard while Americans scan the want ads, needs to secure his base, Hispanics included. Attracting votes and voters is what it's all about.

"If you look at immigrants from Mexico, they register 3-to-1 Democrat, so the Democratic Party is for easy citizenship and allowing them to vote," says Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky.

This is about making the Democratic Party, not America, strong. It's about inviting more people to climb aboard a boat that is sinking. Instead of asking itself where are the jobs, this White House is asking where are the illegal aliens and how can we keep them here?

Local governments in areas like mine have been asking for this action for YEARS. Why is no one getting that, and simply jumping on the "Hispanic vote" bandwagon? It could be recognized that the areas making such petitions are largely Blue, but GWB certainly did lots of politically skewed "listening," too. I will accept that Obama played to his loyal West Coast bleeding heart voters, educated and mostly white, and should also note that is where the real prize politically is: think campaign donors. To argue otherwise is a scare tactic.

As for the dream act, I think the college piece should be pulled out of it. But if someone wants to serve in our military or perform an act of heroism like a man in New Mexico did a few days ago ... THEY have EARNED something from us.

Yeah and we see how well California is doing these days, or rather how badly California is doing.

Show me cause and effect for making this argument here. We could just as easily say the issue is sunshine.

And there still is the local control question. Shouldn't we, under conservative ideals, have the right to choose our population, and how we want to handle it, even if it is to our detriment?

Problem with your argument is that the President is basically encouraging even more people to come across the border illegally. Also you want to tell me about this being a good idea, I have a pretty good idea that United States Citizens that live near the border would want to have a word or to with you (more like a drill sergent chewing someone out that is).

MarketAndChurch
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2011, 7:30 pm

the dream act and amnesty would be good for America as most of them are already pretty American in most aspects except for their citizenship status, the same with closing the border off with snipers and special ops until we can afford a puppet government in Mexico to fix their s***, then we can add them to the US (Along with Canada to form the United States of North America (USNA)) keep our constitution and DC as our capital.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2011, 7:43 pm

MarketAndChurch wrote:
the dream act and amnesty would be good for America as most of them are already pretty American in most aspects except for their citizenship status, the same with closing the border off with snipers and special ops until we can afford a puppet government in Mexico to fix their s***, then we can add them to the US (Along with Canada to form the United States of North America (USNA)) keep our constitution and DC as our capital.

A better idea is we prosecute the people in the ATF whom were supervising Operation Fast and Furious, and prosecute the upper levels of the DoJ for their roles, and if it goes all the way to the Presidency, I suggest we start articles of impeachment.

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 1:01 am

MarketAndChurch wrote:

Mexico is a poison pill to our society. We'd do best to quarantine it.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 8:13 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
Orwell wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:
Orwell wrote:
Illegal immigrants don't vote.
LMAO!! !! !! Wow hahaha I'm dying

Got any evidence that they vote?
Don't ask me, I wasn't laughing at Orwell. I was laughing at the fact that he had to resort to pointing out such an obvious fact.

It's bizarre that people seem to think Mexicans just walk into polling locations and vote without being asked to show identification. I am a native-born American and white as they come, and in 2008 I needed my original Social Security card and birth certificate with me at the polling place before they would let me vote. Now, granted, they didn't ask for my long-form birth certificate, but given the hoops I had to jump through I have to suspect the rate of successful voter fraud is relatively low.

Illegals generally have no form of ID at all. If I want to avoid hiring an illegal for gardening or housework it is as simple as telling the prospect that I want a copy of their driver's license for my records. Suddenly they are too busy to take the job.

Inuyasha, you've got to get down on the streets and stop listening to pundits and exaggerators.

Um, an illegal can get 100% authentic "fake docs" for about $500 in most any state. There's always someone willing to hook them up, so no, your idea that they have no ID would only work on those too lazy to get their papers squared away.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 8:53 am

Hah, if they can pay 500 USD so easily they are more economically productive than the average citizen anyway.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 10:22 am

zer0netgain wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
Orwell wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:
Orwell wrote:

Don't ask me, I wasn't laughing at Orwell. I was laughing at the fact that he had to resort to pointing out such an obvious fact.

It's bizarre that people seem to think Mexicans just walk into polling locations and vote without being asked to show identification. I am a native-born American and white as they come, and in 2008 I needed my original Social Security card and birth certificate with me at the polling place before they would let me vote. Now, granted, they didn't ask for my long-form birth certificate, but given the hoops I had to jump through I have to suspect the rate of successful voter fraud is relatively low.

Illegals generally have no form of ID at all. If I want to avoid hiring an illegal for gardening or housework it is as simple as telling the prospect that I want a copy of their driver's license for my records. Suddenly they are too busy to take the job.

Inuyasha, you've got to get down on the streets and stop listening to pundits and exaggerators.

Um, an illegal can get 100% authentic "fake docs" for about $500 in most any state. There's always someone willing to hook them up, so no, your idea that they have no ID would only work on those too lazy to get their papers squared away.

They can get fake birth certificates and social security cards too? Because I needed all of those in order to vote.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 10:26 am

Orwell wrote:
zer0netgain wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
Orwell wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:
Orwell wrote:

They can get fake birth certificates and social security cards too? Because I needed all of those in order to vote.

Huh? I only needed my Driver's License and voter registration card. I had to have my birth certificate and social security card to get my ID though. Also yeah they can get fraudulent social security numbers too.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 10:36 am

zer0netgain wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
Orwell wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:
Orwell wrote:

Too lazy???? Do you know how these people LIVE around here? You think they HAVE $500??? If they did, it would be in envelope to a starving relative still in Mexico.

AND what you are suggesting involves dealing with some pretty shady characters. Breaking more laws. It is one thing to cross a border out of desperation, and another to start breaking laws right and left in ways that can't be justified by need alone.

I stand by what I said. The vast majority hold no ID of any sort.

I go to church with these people. Our kids go to school together.

cw10
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 12:33 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Excuse me, but I happen to be part Native American, I have cousins that have family whom live in Mexico, I have no problem with legal immigration, I have a problem when people break the law by entering the country illegally.

I agree with this. ^

I disagree with a president that thinks he was elected as a Czar of Russia.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 1:37 pm

Conservatives are always telling liberals to "stop whining". They need to stop whining about immigrants.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 3:41 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Excuse me, but I happen to be part Native American, I have cousins that have family whom live in Mexico, I have no problem with legal immigration, I have a problem when people break the law by entering the country illegally.

Wait a moment... what the hell does being part Native American have to do with your stance on immigration?

cw10 wrote:
I disagree with a president that thinks he was elected as a Czar of Russia.

Have you not been paying attention to the past two and a half years? Obama has spent every minute trying desperately to compromise with the Republicans on every single issue. At what point have you seen autocratic behavior on his part? He is pathetically weak compared to almost any previous President in our history.

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 3:48 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Conservatives are always telling liberals to "stop whining". They need to stop whining about immigrants.
It's hilarious how whining is supposed to be exclusively one-sided.

cw10
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 4:58 pm

Orwell wrote:
At what point have you seen autocratic behavior on his part? He is pathetically weak compared to almost any previous President in our history.

http://www.ice.gov/doclib/secure-commun ... n-memo.pdf

That's just one example. Can't pass a law through legal means? He does it anyway through executive order.

Sieg Heil Obama!