Orwell wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:
Orwell wrote:
Illegal immigrants don't vote.
LMAO!! !! !! Wow hahaha I'm dying

Got any evidence that they vote?
Don't ask me, I wasn't laughing at Orwell. I was laughing at the fact that he had to resort to pointing out such an obvious fact.

It's bizarre that people seem to think Mexicans just walk into polling locations and vote without being asked to show identification. I am a native-born American and white as they come, and in 2008 I needed my original Social Security card and birth certificate with me at the polling place before they would let me vote. Now, granted, they didn't ask for my long-form birth certificate, but given the hoops I had to jump through I have to suspect the rate of successful voter fraud is relatively low.

Illegals generally have no form of ID at all. If I want to avoid hiring an illegal for gardening or housework it is as simple as telling the prospect that I want a copy of their driver's license for my records. Suddenly they are too busy to take the job.

Inuyasha, you've got to get down on the streets and stop listening to pundits and exaggerators.

Last edited by DW_a_mom on 20 Aug 2011, 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2011, 1:53 am

John_Browning wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Orwell wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:
Orwell wrote:

Don't ask me, I wasn't laughing at Orwell. I was laughing at the fact that he had to resort to pointing out such an obvious fact.

It's bizarre that people seem to think Mexicans just walk into polling locations and vote without being asked to show identification. I am a native-born American and white as they come, and in 2008 I needed my original Social Security card and birth certificate with me at the polling place before they would let me vote. Now, granted, they didn't ask for my long-form birth certificate, but given the hoops I had to jump through I have to suspect the rate of successful voter fraud is relatively low.

Yeah I'm well aware about the ID law. I'm also aware the Democrats and leftist groups sued to try to have that law thrown out.

No such safety measures are in place in California, and it as the largest number of congressmen and electoral votes. 8O

The situation with the alien invaders is exploding! It's a lot like an old short Disney cartoon I once saw about guinea pigs that were left hanging around and started reproducing. :lol:

Oddly, I don't know what protections we do or don't have. But I know that only a fraction of the legal Hispanics in my area are registered to vote, its not really part of the culture they have here, and I would be shocked if anyone illegal ever tried. They live in the shadows, you guys don't seem to understand what that means. Any little question makes them skittish. They don't want to be deported. And most illegals lack formal education, meaning that figuring out how to do it would be difficult.

Going back to the first post, many are forgetting that many local governments asked for the stay. The holds on non-threatening illegals required by the Feds have been over running local law enforcement resources. My city has been trying to get this action for years. We don't have the money to jail people who aren't dangerous for extended periods of time while the Feds try to catch up on their deportations, and local resources are also what get stuck when illegal dad is deported leaving behind legal wife and citizen baby. The federal rules take too much time and money away from where it is needed more. This ruling lets everyone focus their efforts where they are needed most. If you want more deportations, you figure out how to pay for it. We can't cut spending and close borders at the same time, yet the same people call for both. The math just doesn't work, and the government has to pick it's battles.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2011, 2:02 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
John_Browning wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Orwell wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:
Orwell wrote:

Yeah I'm well aware about the ID law. I'm also aware the Democrats and leftist groups sued to try to have that law thrown out.

No such safety measures are in place in California, and it as the largest number of congressmen and electoral votes. 8O

The situation with the alien invaders is exploding! It's a lot like an old short Disney cartoon I once saw about guinea pigs that were left hanging around and started reproducing. :lol:

Oddly, I don't know what protections we do or don't have. But I know that only a fraction of the legal Hispanics in my area are registered to vote, its not really part of the culture they have here, and I would be shocked if anyone illegal ever tried. They live in the shadows, you guys don't seem to understand what that means. Any little question makes them skittish. They don't want to be deported. And most illegals lack formal education, meaning that figuring out how to do it would be difficult.

Going back to the first post, many are forgetting that many local governments asked for the stay. The holds on non-threatening illegals required by the Feds have been over running local law enforcement resources. My city has been trying to get this action for years. We don't have the money to jail people who aren't dangerous for extended periods of time while the Feds try to catch up on their deportations, and local resources are also what get stuck when illegal dad is deported leaving behind legal wife and citizen baby. The federal rules take too much time and money away from where it is needed more. This ruling lets everyone focus their efforts where they are needed most. If you want more deportations, you figure out how to pay for it. We can't cut spending and close borders at the same time, yet the same people call for both. The math just doesn't work, and the government has to pick it's battles.

Uh marriage is a way to get legal status to live in the United States, the father wouldn't have to worry at that point if he is actually married...

Some states do not check ID when you are voting, in fact Democrats tried to get my state's Voter ID law thrown out and it went all the way to the US Supreme Court.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2011, 7:34 am

John_Browning wrote:
Vexcalibur wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Vexcalibur wrote:
OH NO! US WILL GET FULL OF IMNGRANTS

All native americans should expell white man and make a native-only nation.

Only on condition that the white-eyes take all their inventions and ideas away with them, leaving the Native Peoples to hunting, gathering and living on roots and berries.

ruveyn
Inventions belong to the human species, not a "race". So logic does not add up.

Inventions belong to the patent holder. Inventions would belong to Indians if they ever had an R&D program. If you were Steve Jobbs, would you really want some natives in the Amazon, Vanuatu, or New Guinea getting credit by association for the iPad, even if you ever showed them one they would either worship you or kill you for the magical powers you wield? Perhaps we can consider giving such groups credit for the Hubble telescope and space probes once they advance their level of technology beyond shrinking heads. :P

JakobVirgil wrote:
Most Mexicans would get to stay.

Maybe, but if Mexicans had their way with the place, nobody would want to live here, and then would get hostile and indignant when people on other continents have a problem with them sneaking in and pulling the same old sh** that made their old home uninhabitable in the first place. Mexicans may consider themselves a proud people with a long tradition, but their culture behaves more like flesh-eating bacteria than any kind of advanced civilization anyone else would want to model themselves after...except maybe the Somalis and North Koreans...

See, this is why you shouldn't be surprised when people think you're a racist.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2011, 10:37 am

Inuyasha wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
[.

Uh marriage is a way to get legal status to live in the United States, the father wouldn't have to worry at that point if he is actually married...

Some states do not check ID when you are voting, in fact Democrats tried to get my state's Voter ID law thrown out and it went all the way to the US Supreme Court.

Not so fast: http://guruimmigration.wordpress.com/20 ... irlfriend/

I did actually type that sentence without thinking too hard about it, because I know spouses ARE split up in these raids, I just wasn't sure how or why, so I made a guess.

Did you pick up on my point that while you, wherever it is you live, want the illegals out of my community, the vast majority of citizens who actually live here do not? Remember that old conservative ideal of local control? Tell me, shouldn't WE get to decide?

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2011, 10:59 am

John_Browning wrote:
Vexcalibur wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Vexcalibur wrote:
OH NO! US WILL GET FULL OF IMNGRANTS

All native americans should expell white man and make a native-only nation.

Only on condition that the white-eyes take all their inventions and ideas away with them, leaving the Native Peoples to hunting, gathering and living on roots and berries.

ruveyn
Inventions belong to the human species, not a "race". So logic does not add up.

Inventions belong to the patent holder. Inventions would belong to Indians if they ever had an R&D program. If you were Steve Jobbs, would you really want some natives in the Amazon, Vanuatu, or New Guinea getting credit by association for the iPad, even if you ever showed them one they would either worship you or kill you for the magical powers you wield? Perhaps we can consider giving such groups credit for the Hubble telescope and space probes once they advance their level of technology beyond shrinking heads. :P

JakobVirgil wrote:
Most Mexicans would get to stay.

Maybe, but if Mexicans had their way with the place, nobody would want to live here, and then would get hostile and indignant when people on other continents have a problem with them sneaking in and pulling the same old sh** that made their old home uninhabitable in the first place. Mexicans may consider themselves a proud people with a long tradition, but their culture behaves more like flesh-eating bacteria than any kind of advanced civilization anyone else would want to model themselves after...except maybe the Somalis and North Koreans...[]

Once the patent expires, the invention DOES belong to the "human race.". Patents don't hold into perpetuity, and there is a practical reason for it.

As for who wants to live where, the large immigration populations in places like San Francisco and surrounding areas haven't exactly sent everyone else running for the hills. If a local community chooses to embrace the influx, shouldn't they have that option? You know, local control and all that ;)

Wisguy
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2011, 12:16 pm

[only semi-cynical]Maybe we should just declare Mexico to be part of the USA and put an end that border charade once and for all.[/only semi-cynical]

Oh yea, and neutralize the gangs by repealing the Drug War™ (AKA - Prohibition II™).

Mike

Jojoba
Toucan
Toucan

20 Aug 2011, 12:47 pm

This is politics at its worst. This is a way for the Obama administration to buy votes from the hispanic community. Not sure if it will work. Jobs and a vibrant economy count more, I would think. Thought Investor's Business Daily had a nice quote about this back door amnesty by the President and American jobs.

"Editorial: Obama's Amnesty-Light Is A Bad Dream"
http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnalysi ... -Means.htm

excerpt:

Quote:
Senate Majority Whip Dick Durbin, a sponsor of the federal Dream Act, praised the DHS announcement.

"These students are the future doctors, lawyers, teachers and maybe senators who will make America stronger," he said in a statement.

So are the children of America's jobless. Many of their parents have given up hope of sending them to college, much less finding work. The focus should be on creating jobs for Americans, not those from other countries.

Durbin left out one important criterion — present and future voters. President Obama, taking a break from his 2012 re-election campaign to vacation at Martha's Vineyard while Americans scan the want ads, needs to secure his base, Hispanics included. Attracting votes and voters is what it's all about.

"If you look at immigrants from Mexico, they register 3-to-1 Democrat, so the Democratic Party is for easy citizenship and allowing them to vote," says Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky.

This is about making the Democratic Party, not America, strong. It's about inviting more people to climb aboard a boat that is sinking. Instead of asking itself where are the jobs, this White House is asking where are the illegal aliens and how can we keep them here?

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2011, 1:47 pm

Jojoba wrote:
This is politics at its worst. This is a way for the Obama administration to buy votes from the hispanic community. Not sure if it will work. Jobs and a vibrant economy count more, I would think. Thought Investor's Business Daily had a nice quote about this back door amnesty by the President and American jobs.

excerpt:

Quote:
Senate Majority Whip Dick Durbin, a sponsor of the federal Dream Act, praised the DHS announcement.

"These students are the future doctors, lawyers, teachers and maybe senators who will make America stronger," he said in a statement.

So are the children of America's jobless. Many of their parents have given up hope of sending them to college, much less finding work. The focus should be on creating jobs for Americans, not those from other countries.

Durbin left out one important criterion — present and future voters. President Obama, taking a break from his 2012 re-election campaign to vacation at Martha's Vineyard while Americans scan the want ads, needs to secure his base, Hispanics included. Attracting votes and voters is what it's all about.

"If you look at immigrants from Mexico, they register 3-to-1 Democrat, so the Democratic Party is for easy citizenship and allowing them to vote," says Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky.

This is about making the Democratic Party, not America, strong. It's about inviting more people to climb aboard a boat that is sinking. Instead of asking itself where are the jobs, this White House is asking where are the illegal aliens and how can we keep them here?

Local governments in areas like mine have been asking for this action for YEARS. Why is no one getting that, and simply jumping on the "Hispanic vote" bandwagon? It could be recognized that the areas making such petitions are largely Blue, but GWB certainly did lots of politically skewed "listening," too. I will accept that Obama played to his loyal West Coast bleeding heart voters, educated and mostly white, and should also note that is where the real prize politically is: think campaign donors. To argue otherwise is a scare tactic.

As for the dream act, I think the college piece should be pulled out of it. But if someone wants to serve in our military or perform an act of heroism like a man in New Mexico did a few days ago ... THEY have EARNED something from us.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2011, 2:12 pm

Patents are a temporarily-granted monopoly over the commercial use of an invention for a limited amount of time. Many times, the actual inventor does not own the patent (sold it or someone else patented it) and they do not mean the invention itself is owned by him/her).

Rather, once you patent something, you grant rights of the usage of that patent to all the world once the patent time expires.

--
What the racists out there are not getting, is that this isn't OMG AMNESTY. Rather, it is a clever move. It will be on a case-by case basis, this means that MANY of the immigrants that try this will end up deported. It will allow the state to cherrypick whom of them stay and which don't. And because of that, all those criminals and lowlives will not receive the benefit of it. Rather the people that your country actually needs. You know, all that cheap labor is great for businesses.

Last edited by Vexcalibur on 20 Aug 2011, 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2011, 2:58 pm

Vexcalibur wrote:
What the racists out there are not getting, is that this isn't OMG AMNESTY. Rather, it is a clever move. It will be on a case-by case basis, this means that MANY of the immigrants that try this will end up deported. It will allow the state to cherrypick whom of them stay and which don't. And because of that, all those criminals and lowlives will not receive the benefit of it. Rather the people that your country actually means, you know, that cheap labor is great for businesses.

They do not want to get it and that which they do not wish to understand they don't even usually hear.

Seriously, you go on the public news boards and it seems like 90% of the conservative posters are spamming the board repeating sound bite after sound bite, and if you reply to a post with even the most politely worded question, you'll get sworn at in response and told you are an idiot. No attempt at intelligent discussion, just name calling. All they want to do is vent their anger, and really could care less if they could be proved wrong. I realize that does work both ways to some degree, and those same take so much glee in pointing out the liberal trolls as being "inconsistent" to liberal beliefs, but it definitely has a weight towards one side of the political spectrum. I've seen grown adults cover their ears and yell, "I'm not listening, I'm not listening!" when a liberal tries to explain their thinking. What's the point in talking to people like that?

But I like your analysis.

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2011, 7:55 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
Once the patent expires, the invention DOES belong to the "human race.". Patents don't hold into perpetuity, and there is a practical reason for it.

As for who wants to live where, the large immigration populations in places like San Francisco and surrounding areas haven't exactly sent everyone else running for the hills. If a local community chooses to embrace the influx, shouldn't they have that option? You know, local control and all that ;)

Maybe in theory, but when people talk about things like the telephone or the liquid fueled rocket, it's not like Sherpas, Hutus, or even Irish potato farmers come to mind.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2011, 7:58 pm

Vexcalibur wrote:
What the racists out there are not getting, is that this isn't OMG AMNESTY. Rather, it is a clever move. It will be on a case-by case basis, this means that MANY of the immigrants that try this will end up deported. It will allow the state to cherrypick whom of them stay and which don't. And because of that, all those criminals and lowlives will not receive the benefit of it. Rather the people that your country actually needs. You know, all that cheap labor is great for businesses.

It's still a form of creeping incrementalism the Obama administration is using to try and get the public to eventually accept a immigration rule that is a Trojan horse.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2011, 9:47 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
Jojoba wrote:

excerpt:

Quote:

Local governments in areas like mine have been asking for this action for YEARS. Why is no one getting that, and simply jumping on the "Hispanic vote" bandwagon? It could be recognized that the areas making such petitions are largely Blue, but GWB certainly did lots of politically skewed "listening," too. I will accept that Obama played to his loyal West Coast bleeding heart voters, educated and mostly white, and should also note that is where the real prize politically is: think campaign donors. To argue otherwise is a scare tactic.

As for the dream act, I think the college piece should be pulled out of it. But if someone wants to serve in our military or perform an act of heroism like a man in New Mexico did a few days ago ... THEY have EARNED something from us.

Yeah and we see how well California is doing these days, or rather how badly California is doing.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2011, 6:20 am

Vexcalibur wrote:

Rather, once you patent something, you grant rights of the usage of that patent to all the world once the patent time expires.

Which is why some inventions are not patented but held as closely guarded trade secrets. But even that ploy only guarantees temporary exclusivity. Sooner or later a technology which is a non-patented trade secret will be reverse engineered and replicated with no legal penalty.

So as a matter of practical fact inventions are under the control of their inventors for only limited periods of time and then become the common property of all. I means, has the inventor of the wheel or his heirs been compensated lately?

ruveyn

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2011, 12:02 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
Jojoba wrote:

excerpt:

Quote:

Yeah and we see how well California is doing these days, or rather how badly California is doing.

Show me cause and effect for making this argument here. We could just as easily say the issue is sunshine.

And there still is the local control question. Shouldn't we, under conservative ideals, have the right to choose our population, and how we want to handle it, even if it is to our detriment?