Page 4 of 11 [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2011, 12:30 pm

Ragtime wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
zer0netgain wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
zer0netgain wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Where there's smoke, there's fire.

Ah, that old cliché once again. It all depends on what you consider "smoke". Accusations alone, I suppose, means someone is guilty.

Well, there's no doubt that Obama is a whole BBQ pit. :lol:

And that's supposed to be a reference to...?

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

You've never been to a BBQ, have you?

Smoke...Fire...BBQ....

Oh, why bother...a joke is never funny when you have to explain it. :evil:

The implication was was that Obama has a bunch of scandals. I have yet to see any such accusations ... of sexual impropriety or any illicit behavior, concerning our president.

Didn't someone already bring up, in a thread you were in, the gay guys who accused Obama of inappropriateness?

Just a quick find out of many on Google: theobamahustle.wordpress.com/.../barack-obama-accused-by-two-men-of-inappropriate-gay-behavior-at-havard/

C'mon, Bill, it's bad enough that you're snowed by Obama -- at least don't give falsehoods about what you haven't heard about him. I find it beyond incredible that anyone can think Obama is a good guy, with all of the evidence there is that he is simply a Chicago thug, like his buddies Rahm and Axelrod, and just as big a liar. The guy willingly listened to anti-American, anti-Jewish hate preaching for TWENTY YEARS -- and by his own admission was great friends with that preacher. Obama: "I could no longer disown Jeremiah Wright than I could the black community", after which he effectively disowned both. (How's the black community doing these days? By every metric, the worst it has in decades.) Then, Obama has his clearly-deep friendship with openly-unrepentant Pentagon-bombing terrorist Bill Ayers. Started his political career in the guy's living room, served on boards with him -- long, willing association. I could go on, but I just wanted to give you some real information about Obama to fill the mental blank state you periodically mention you have on him.

He's a bad dude, no question of it. Since you're obviously intelligent, the only other explanation for your ignoring everything bad you've heard about him is a mega-bias, so I've concluded that's what you operate under.

The gay claims were nothing but tabloid fodder that faded away quickly, because there was nothing to them.
And I could say the same about you and misinformation you've gleaned about Obama from Fox.
Wright's Anti-American sermons have been exaggerated in number, which is why Obama wasn't present for every church service.
As for Bill Ayers; I'm friends with a church member who is active in the Tea party - but that doesn't mean I approve of his political stance.
If Barack Obama just focused on the black community, dumbshits like Rush Limbaugh would be roaring that he's only a president for blacks (Limbaugh does in fact say this, anyway).
And just because Chicago has produced some very corrupt politicians doesn't mean that they all possibly can be.
I repeat, Barack Obama is a fantastic family man. And I dare say, one of the most intelligent men ever to sit in the White House.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2011, 1:24 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

I'll remind you - Barack Obama happens to be a black man, and he has a sterling reputation as a great husband and stellar father.

He is more orange brown than black. I have met some real Africans (people from Africa) who are literally as black as coal or mahogany. I once met Tom M'boyah (he was assassinated sometime later). I was amazed at how black black can be. I never met a Negro on this side of the water as black as Tom was.

ruveyn

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2011, 1:39 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
The gay claims were nothing but tabloid fodder that faded away quickly, because there was nothing to them.

Oh, I forgot the Law of False Claims: the media always let a story die at a rate equal to its level of falsehood.
The 80%-liberal news media never milks a scandalous claim if it's about a conservative -- particularly one who seeks to unseat their darling, Obama.
I just forgot the media were fair, thanks for reminding me.
Cain's campaign is now on life support because of unfounded claims, but whatever.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2011, 2:08 pm

Ragtime wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Oh, I forgot the Law of False Claims: the media always let a story die at a rate equal to its level of falsehood.
The 80%-liberal news media never milks a scandalous claim if it's about a conservative -- particularly one who seeks to unseat their darling, Obama.
Cain's campaign is now on life support because of unfounded claims, but whatever.

I would add and I need to check this that part of this supposed affair occurred while he was having Chemotherapy for Stage IV liver and colon cancer, does anyone seriously think he could have had an affair in that condition?

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2011, 3:22 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I would add and I need to check this that part of this supposed affair occurred while he was having Chemotherapy for Stage IV liver and colon cancer, does anyone seriously think he could have had an affair in that condition?

Sure. Why not?

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2011, 3:28 pm

pandabear wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Sure. Why not?

You might try it sometime, if you ever get stage IV cancer. Be sure to let us know how charmed she was by your deathly condition.

MarsCoban
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

30 Nov 2011, 3:50 pm

Ragtime wrote:
pandabear wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Sure. Why not?

You might try it sometime, if you ever get stage IV cancer. Be sure to let us know how charmed she was by your deathly condition.

You're assuming that affairs are primarily about sexual acts. This is not always true. It seems especially unlikely in this case as the affair allegedly lasted for 13 years. Now, thats pretty much like having a wife. You might want to cheat on your mistress after 13 years.

Last edited by MarsCoban on 30 Nov 2011, 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2011, 4:18 pm

Ragtime wrote:
pandabear wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Sure. Why not?

Okay. If I get Stage IV cancer, and succeed in finding a tarte, I'll be sure to divulge all of the details.

Did he have cancer during the entire 13 year period?

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2011, 4:21 pm

Is this truly what passes for political discourse today? The mind fair boggles.

Is the public so intellectually stunted that a candidate cannot be assessed on the quality of the candidate's intellect? The content of the candidate's policy? The ability to enact and implement the policy? The ability of such a policy to achieve desirable goals?

Are we so vacuous that our only barometers for measuring a candidate are marital fidelity and the absolutism of statements either for or against abortion. Is there nothing else in the policy cupboard?

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2011, 4:29 pm

visagrunt wrote:
Is this truly what passes for political discourse today? The mind fair boggles.

Is the public so intellectually stunted that a candidate cannot be assessed on the quality of the candidate's intellect? The content of the candidate's policy? The ability to enact and implement the policy? The ability of such a policy to achieve desirable goals?

Are we so vacuous that our only barometers for measuring a candidate are marital fidelity and the absolutism of statements either for or against abortion. Is there nothing else in the policy cupboard?

Well, on top of everything else, Ginger White (Herman's girlfriend), says that Herman would not make a good president.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2011, 5:12 pm

Ragtime wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Or maybe those stories died because there wasn't anything to them.
If there was even an ounce of validity to the accusations, I have no doubt that Fox, Limbaugh, and their political kin would be running with it. Or do you consider them to be part of the liberal media, too?

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2011, 5:25 pm

You guys consider Cain guilty until proven innocent. You don't have the balls to say so.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2011, 5:27 pm

Ragtime wrote:
You guys consider Cain guilty until proven innocent. You don't have the balls to say so.

No, but I think it's not looking good for him at the moment.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2011, 5:54 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Ragtime wrote:

That's a self-fulfilling prophecy. It's not looking good for him at the moment because so many people are saying it's not looking good for him at the moment. The facts, they actually look good for him. It's this perpetuated narrative by the naysayers that, itself, bodes badly, totally detatched from his innocence or guilt.
The narrative is a self-fulfilling prophecy, just like when advertizers put spin on the web to push a product no one knows about. What do they say? "Find out why everyone is talking about ______! CLICK HERE" It's rubbish, but smart advertizers know that lying to people with the supposition "everyone is talking about ______" can actually cause lots of people to start talking/blogging/messaging about it.

The facts? They don't matter. It's all about ginning-up this or that narrative -- getting the whispering starting, planting the seeds of doubt. From there, it just grows on its own without limit, like thousands of acres of forest burning down from one tiny match.

Eventually, if you throw enough garbage bags in front of a car driving down the road, the car will stop out of temporary necessity. And so will Herman's campaign if they keep throwing enough garbage at him. Except time is running out for the GOP nomination, so the b.s. wins. Don't be part of the b.s. gossip. Talk facts.

Obres
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2011, 6:04 pm

And still, nobody wants to discuss the fact that Cain has no real platform, no substance, and has basically run on a tax plan that's a complete joke? Whether or not he had affairs shouldn't even be relevant, because he should never have been a serious candidate in the first place. Then again, he might just have enough dumbed-down rhetoric to be a Republican President :doh:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2011, 6:41 pm

Ragtime wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Ragtime wrote:

That's a self-fulfilling prophecy. It's not looking good for him at the moment because so many people are saying it's not looking good for him at the moment. The facts, they actually look good for him. It's this perpetuated narrative by the naysayers that, itself, bodes badly, totally detatched from his innocence or guilt.
The narrative is a self-fulfilling prophecy, just like when advertizers put spin on the web to push a product no one knows about. What do they say? "Find out why everyone is talking about ______! CLICK HERE" It's rubbish, but smart advertizers know that lying to people with the supposition "everyone is talking about ______" can actually cause lots of people to start talking/blogging/messaging about it.

The facts? They don't matter. It's all about ginning-up this or that narrative -- getting the whispering starting, planting the seeds of doubt. From there, it just grows on its own without limit, like thousands of acres of forest burning down from one tiny match.

Eventually, if you throw enough garbage bags in front of a car driving down the road, the car will stop out of temporary necessity. And so will Herman's campaign if they keep throwing enough garbage at him. Except time is running out for the GOP nomination, so the b.s. wins. Don't be part of the b.s. gossip. Talk facts.

What Obres said.