Dec 1st, recruiting people for the war on Christmas.

Page 6 of 15 [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 15  Next

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2012, 9:38 pm

Merry Christmas!! ! I don't believe in god or christ anymore but I still celebrate it! Why take away a holiday? There may as well be a war on Hannikah and Kwanzaa and any Muslim holiday as well who cares everyone should be allowed to celebrate their holiday without feeling like others are offended.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2012, 10:04 pm

Vexcalibur wrote:
And please, please update the pagan beliefs to include more stuff like this:

That's my kind of tree!! !

knowbody15
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Dec 2012, 2:35 pm

Merry Christmas guys....

Many of you will be getting coal in your stockings, Santa is not happy. I'm a Jew and I love Christmas, and my people usually help out Santa because most of us aren't busy that night. I'll see what I can do. I'd say chill out, eat a sugar cookie, and don't take yourself so seriously, and enjoy the holidays. Santa is a little more sensitive about this stuff....like really sensitive, so I can't make any promises whether he'll be skipping your house or not.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2012, 3:09 pm

It's always a war on something with you, isn't it, Vex? :wink:

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2012, 3:13 pm

Sign me up, I suppose :lol:

You will reap what you've sown.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2012, 4:10 pm

Meh... Jesus was born in late summer-fall, not Dec25 anyway. All the "christmas stuff" is neat stuff borrowed from other cultures/faiths as well.

Christmas as we now know it is so commercial and non-religious anyway, go ahead and call it Happy Refrigerator Day (anyone catch that reference??) :D

And in the spirit of the madness that might have once been a beautiful event:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k76IGLi6jWI[/youtube]

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2012, 5:17 pm

Ten years ago I had minions that rearranged the neighbors X-mas reindeer while I sat in the car and supervised.One of the reindeer was rearing up,one had it's head down feeding.I had the minions move the rearing reindeer to right behind the feeding one so it looked like they were humping.They stayed lit up like that all night and were that way when the school bus drove by that morning.That evening the neighbor noticed and kicked them across the yard.They now keep their display closer to the house.
I'm tempted to shoot with a B.B. Gun those inflatable giant Santas but I resist because it might make a little kid cry.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2012, 9:57 pm

NAKnight wrote:
Not being confrontational, Wikepedia isn't a independently verifiable source.

Best Regards,

Jake

It is a point of reference to find them.

NAKnight
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Dec 2012, 10:53 pm

Vexcalibur wrote:
NAKnight wrote:
Not being confrontational, Wikepedia isn't a independently verifiable source.

Best Regards,

Jake

It is a point of reference to find them.

But...It is not an independently verifiable source.
Wikipedia, aka. (The Book of Knowledge) can be changed, altered, or otherwise manipulated.
If he/she's going to quote something and the source, it needs to be an outside, objective source.

Best Regards,

Jake

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2012, 11:22 pm

Kartmann wrote:
Vexcalibur wrote:
It is Holiday Season! Finally!.

As you all should know, the secular types care not about gifts, or chocolate or family dinner but about how to further remove Christianity out of our lives. That's the reason we started saying "Happy Holidays" or "Season's greetings" instead of "merry christmas". That's also the reason we use the word xmas sometimes. It is all part of a plan to remove Christ out of their Christmas.

Thus , as usual this year, I will be recruiting people for the war against Christmas. If you'd like to join, just change your avatar to a holiday themed one that does not say the word "Christ". It does not even have to be specifically "Happy holidays" or have text at all, just make sure not to include the word Christ, a cross or a halo.

Remember: Today Christmas, tomorrow the world!

DAMNIT! NO WAY! I WANT PRESENTS!! !!

Srsly though, Odin does not approve.

You can have your presents AND take christ out of it.

Win win.

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2012, 1:43 pm

It is a mistake to suppose that Xmas is an attempt to dechristianise Christmas.

The X is not an X; it is the Greek letter chi--the first letter of Χριστός.

And recall, also, the etymology of "holiday"

The Oxford English Dictionary wrote:
holiday, n.

Etymology: Old English háligdæg (dative plural háligdagum), found beside the uncompounded hálig dæg in two words (dative plural hálgum dagum). In the combined form Old English á instead of being rounded to Middle English ô , was shortened to a (compare hallow n., Hallowmas n., halibut n., halidom n.), giving halidai, halliday, used till 16th cent. But the uncombined form was in concurrent use, and became more frequent as the distinction in signification between sense 1 and sense 2 became more marked, until, in the 16th cent., holy day or holy-day became the usual form in sense 1. About the same time holiday (holliday), with o short, being a later combination and shortening of holy day, rare in late Middle English, took the place of the earlier haliday, which however remained in the northern dialects, where also (especially in Scotland) the uncombined form was haly day.

It is thus difficult to divide holiday and holy-day in sense 1. Under this article are included the combined forms haliday, holiday; the uncombined forms, as well as those in which the vocalization shows that the word was analyzed, are treated under holy-day n. But the habits of mediæval scribes as to the combination or separation of the elements of compounds were so irregular, and the treatment of the matter by modern editors is so uncertain, that many Middle English instances might be placed under either article.

So regardless of what days you consider holy, and which days from which you exempt yourself from your ordinary occupation, Happy Holidays to all.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2012, 4:01 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t33rqKCXF0Q[/youtube]I think Christmas like the Japanese think of Christmas beautiful lights good food and presents!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2012, 5:44 pm

Christmas is about giving gifts, receiving gifts, and family quality time. That's all I want to see and hear, NOT removing Christianity from the holiday. People go on and on about how the Freedom of Religion should not exist and how they abuse the separation of church and state. Christmas decorations and nativity scenes on the church are removed. It's on church property but it's within the state. Why don't just remove the church itself while they're at it? Atheists should keep it to themselves. So should all other religions. All this bickering over religious beliefs and censorship is so tiresome. I'm too scared to put up any decorations like that because of the bickering. It's my property but it's within the state. I've already had to get rid of my blinking Christmas lights because people were b*tching that they were offensive to epileptics. SERIOUSLY?!?!?! And now there are people who want to stop celebrating the holiday because they're sick and tired of it. They've seen those crappy Christmas specials 45 times already. They want to stop buying gifts knowing the economy is at stake and stop donating because they believe things will never get better. I've had it with these turns of events. People who complain to me about how I do things on Christmas should shove a fruitcake up their butt.

By the way, I'm an empirical agnostic.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2012, 6:27 pm

Quote:
Christmas decorations and nativity scenes on the church are removed. It's on church property but it's within the state.
If this happens it has nothing to do with ffrf actions. Unless of course the 'church' is in state property. In that case, then like you said, the Church should be removed too.

Quote:
Atheists should keep it to themselves. So should all other religions

Why is Xtianity the chosen religion that does not have to "keep it to itself"?

Quote:
I'm too scared to put up any decorations like that because of the bickering. It's my property but it's within the state
For god's sake. Nobody rational (and nobody that I know of) is asking for people to stop putting decorations when it is in private property. Private property "within the state" is still ... private property.

Unless you have evidence of this happening at all? If you don't have evidence then I will have to take your post as bad trolling.

Christmas decorations should be removed from public property. Believe it or not, public property comes from taxes, and atheists, Jews and Muslims living in the state pay taxes. If the Christmas decoration is inside private property then no one really has any right to complain about it or get it removed. And really, I don't think I have ever heard of anything like that being pushed by ffrf or the like.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2012, 6:33 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:
People go on and on about how the Freedom of Religion should not exist and how they abuse the separation of church and state.

Separation of church and state isn't even about that. Thomas Jefferson created it because he didn't want any religion to be banned in America. He wasn't trying to take down nativity scenes.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2012, 6:41 pm

Vexcalibur wrote:
Quote:
Christmas decorations and nativity scenes on the church are removed. It's on church property but it's within the state.
If this happens it has nothing to do with ffrf actions. Unless of course the 'church' is in state property. In that case, then like you said, the Church should be removed too.

Quote:
Atheists should keep it to themselves. So should all other religions

Why is Xtianity the chosen religion that does not have to "keep it to itself"?

Quote:
I'm too scared to put up any decorations like that because of the bickering. It's my property but it's within the state
For god's sake. Nobody rational (and nobody that I know of) is asking for people to stop putting decorations when it is in private property. Private property "within the state" is still ... private property.

Unless you have evidence of this happening at all? If you don't have evidence then I will have to take your post as bad trolling.

Christmas decorations should be removed from public property. Believe it or not, public property comes from taxes, and atheists, Jews and Muslims living in the state pay taxes. If the Christmas decoration is inside private property then no one really has any right to complain about it or get it removed. And really, I don't think I have ever heard of anything like that being pushed by ffrf or the like.
The irony of it all is CHRISTmas is celebrated throughout most of the world even China and Japan which are mainly nonreligious countries [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoCuGY3yIhY[/youtube]Also multireligious countries like India [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TLtuA2hcu0[/youtube]They may not all have the same faith but they still enjoy it!