Dec 1st, recruiting people for the war on Christmas.

Page 13 of 15 [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2013, 12:51 pm

Misslizard wrote:
^^^People would jump over ceremonial fires,maybe that's it.
When I was little I thought they were playing leap frog.

Could be a reference to some daredevil thing like that that they were into the middle ages.

Most people imagine boys leap frogging. I think of it as ten solemn gentlemen from the House of Lords in powdered wigs leaping for your spouse's amusement. Which just doesnt compute.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2013, 3:08 am

91 wrote:
LKL wrote:
I'm not offended by the music and the decorations per se; I'm offended by the fact that they're out before Halloweeen. In your travels, are there any other regions where a one-day holiday has been stretched out to a quarter of the entire year?

Well that's not fair, Hinduism has like a thousand festivals, they just all last one day. In Islam Ramdan goes on for ages but the late night food is awesome. Christmas is not a one day festival it is the Season of Advent. Certainly there is a retail aspect to Christmas but I'm not much of a grinch about it, I always find the decorations to be pretty good.

IIrc the 'season of advent' used to at least be confined to just December.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2013, 4:49 pm

AutisticMillionaire wrote:
Merry Christmas heathens and thank you for not overcrowding heaven Image
We appreciate your gesture, making room for others at this time of year. After all if everyone got in...would anyone really want to go there?

May I suggest an alternative such as a Hindu heaven? Spicy huh? Or R'lyeh perhaps? Dreamy.

Either way, we are ready to X you out of X-mas and sincerely thank you for your sacrifice at this time. I hear Islam is looking to expand it's market, or Scientology...? :lol:
Christmas is a secular holiday. The meaning of Christmas? Gifts and family reunions. Tons of atheists celebrate "Christmas", as in take this time of the year to share with family and spend money like pigs. The spirit of Christmas? To make stores move from red to black. (Ever heard of "black" Friday?). It is good for the economy hence why stores advertise for everyone, and not just Xtians.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2013, 4:51 am

sniff. For those of you who don't know Tim Minchin, he's Australian (hence the sun)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCNvZqpa-7Q[/youtube]

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2013, 6:03 am

Vexcalibur wrote:
It is Holiday Season! Finally!.

As you all should know, the secular types care not about gifts, or chocolate or family dinner but about how to further remove Christianity out of our lives. That's the reason we started saying "Happy Holidays" or "Season's greetings" instead of "merry christmas". That's also the reason we use the word xmas sometimes. It is all part of a plan to remove Christ out of their Christmas.

Thus , as usual this year, I will be recruiting people for the war against Christmas. If you'd like to join, just change your avatar to a holiday themed one that does not say the word "Christ". It does not even have to be specifically "Happy holidays" or have text at all, just make sure not to include the word Christ, a cross or a halo.

Remember: Today Christmas, tomorrow the world!

I'd like to think that you're either serious or joking, but I think instead that you have managed to be joking seriously or to be serious jokingly.

Merry Christmas to my fellow Christians, Happy belated Chanukah to all my Jewish friends, and happy bickering for everyone who just wants to bicker.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2013, 3:45 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcnIuPzZmAE[/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcnIuPzZmAE

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2013, 7:07 pm

"Did somebody come and shake them?"
reads the closed-captioning, and O'Reilly is holding his hands like he's cupping something.
What popped into my head?
The Jockey 'bell ringing' advert.
;p

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2013, 9:43 am

Santa's race is now figuring into of the war.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/fo ... 22244.html

Here is the original blasphemous Christmas assault on Santa

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/holi ... stmas.html

Miss Aisha Harris wrote:
My father replied that Santa was every color. Whatever house he visited, jolly old St. Nicholas magically turned into the likeness of the family that lived there.

And, she wants Santa to be a penguin. Are penguins now flocking to the North Pole? :roll:

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2013, 6:40 pm

And, as we probably should have suspected

http://davidduke.com/jewish-war-christm ... s-erected/

The Jews are behind the War on Christmas.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2013, 7:24 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:

What war on Christmas? And why wasn't I informed that war had been declared? Did I miss the e-mail?

ruveyn

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2013, 8:35 pm

ruveyn wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:

What war on Christmas? And why wasn't I informed that war had been declared? Did I miss the e-mail?

ruveyn

You mean that you don't watch Fox News? And here I thought that you were a Conservative.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2013, 11:55 pm

I liked the special edition of Christmas Evil.
It's obvious that St.Nick is up to no good,why else would anyone be prowling around in houses while people are asleep?If he knows when you are naughty or nice he is most certainly a stalker.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2013, 4:17 am

Vexcalibur wrote:
It is Holiday Season! Finally!.

As you all should know, the secular types care not about gifts, or chocolate or family dinner but about how to further remove Christianity out of our lives. That's the reason we started saying "Happy Holidays" or "Season's greetings" instead of "merry christmas". That's also the reason we use the word xmas sometimes. It is all part of a plan to remove Christ out of their Christmas.

Thus , as usual this year, I will be recruiting people for the war against Christmas. If you'd like to join, just change your avatar to a holiday themed one that does not say the word "Christ". It does not even have to be specifically "Happy holidays" or have text at all, just make sure not to include the word Christ, a cross or a halo.

Remember: Today Christmas, tomorrow the world!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Dislike that somone said Christmas? Too bad, that's the name of the holiday most people celebrate where you life, Christian or not. Deal with it.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2013, 7:00 am

Ganondox wrote:
Dislike that somone said Christmas? Too bad, that's the name of the holiday most people celebrate where you life, Christian or not. Deal with it.

:roll:
You're missing the bigger picture. It's not the non-Christians screaming about "Merry Christmas," it's the Christians over on Faux News screaming about "Happy Holidays." That's where this whole thread came from, Bill O'Reilly's whining about how secularists are trying to 'take Christmas away' somehow.

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2013, 7:16 am

Oh...horrible. People wishing others to have "Happy holidays" = "Happy Holy days". It´s absolutely understandable to me, that christian must go on war and scream for blood in the name of the revenging, unforgiving wargod Jesus, when people dare to wish them happy holy days. ^^

Those fundamentalist story about US-christian, are somehow as mixed amusing/scaring of those of some wahabit muslim fundies. ^^

Couldn´t we just move them all in some gathering spot like mojave desert or sahara, and then they could bash themselve about some single letters in words, and all the moderate people could live on in peace and celebrate together their festivities, the way they like it? ^^

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2013, 1:57 pm