Page 1 of 11 [ 168 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2011, 10:20 pm

CNN video link

It'll be interesting to see how this turns out, but if it's untrue, as all the previous allegations obviously turned out to be, then this is REALLY getting OLD!
I guess David Axelrod is just going to keep throwing paid-to-lie women at Cain until one of them somehow sticks? (Ewww.)

See, what's interesting about smear campaigns is, none of the accusations has to be true to ruin someone or, at the very least, tarnish their career.
I don't know whether or not Cain is innocent of this latest and most major accusation (notice how each one is bigger than the last? If at first you don't succeed, LIE BIGGER! ),
I'm just saying this is a good time to talk about the curious nature of smears, in how they can utterly ruin a person and not have a shred of truth to them.

There's a reason smear campaigns are addressed in the 10 Commandments, and that is the immeasurable, insidious, and irreversible damage that a lie told long enough about someone can do to that person.
This is why liars go to Hell.

Quote:
...all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.
(Rev 21:8)

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2011, 10:50 pm

really? the other accusations proved to be untrue? The ones with a paper trail and corroborating witnesses?

It's a fact that Cain was accused - twice - of sexual harassment while he was serving as head of the NRA.

It's a fact that two women were given a settlement to make those accusations go away.

The other accusations are only serving to lend credence to the accusations that we know for a fact were made.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2011, 11:06 pm

If liars burn in hell, I think Cain may come to realize how an overcooked pizza feels.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2011, 12:02 am

Whatever, I'd vote for Herman Cain regardless, either him or Ron Paul.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

29 Nov 2011, 3:12 am

Where there's smoke, there's fire. Hermie candidacy has returned to is past irrelevant state. Alas, the president won't be a pizza CEO, maybe we'll get a president who just likes to eat a lot of pizza in Newt.(a WHOLE lot of pizza)

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2011, 5:09 am

1000Knives wrote:

I could not vote for Ron Paul. He is no warrior. He has not got the killer instinct we need if we have to go to war.

ruveyn

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2011, 5:42 am

ruveyn wrote:
1000Knives wrote:

I could not vote for Ron Paul. He is no warrior. He has not got the killer instinct we need if we have to go to war.

ruveyn

Whereas, in all fairness, Barack Obama has proven that he does.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2011, 7:02 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
1000Knives wrote:

ruveyn

He did green light the killing of Osam bin Laden. But he is otherwise a poor manager. I would not vote for him. Besides, he is ideologically too much under the influence and hate-America types like Saul Alinsky. I think, in his gut, Obama dislikes the capitalist system. He is doing much to destroy it.

ruveyn

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2011, 7:16 am

ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
1000Knives wrote:

ruveyn

He did green light the killing of Osam bin Laden. But he is otherwise a poor manager. I would not vote for him. Besides, he is ideologically too much under the influence and hate-America types like Saul Alinsky. I think, in his gut, Obama dislikes the capitalist system. He is doing much to destroy it.

ruveyn

Or maybe he's trying to include the rest of us in the benefits of capitalism.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2011, 9:51 am

ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

Considering he has been by far the most conservative democrat president in the last decades, I'd beg to differ.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2011, 10:21 am

Jacoby wrote:
Where there's smoke, there's fire.

Ah, that old cliché once again. It all depends on what you consider "smoke". Accusations alone, I suppose, means someone is guilty.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2011, 10:23 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
1000Knives wrote:

ruveyn

ruveyn

Or maybe he's trying to include the rest of us in the benefits of capitalism.

I didn't realize there is a group in America who is barred from participating in capitalism. :?:
Oh, right, the unemployed -- the number that has continuously remained high under the Obama administration.
Those are the only people who are not participating in capitalism.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2011, 10:34 am

Vexcalibur wrote:
ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

Considering he has been by far the most conservative democrat president in the last decades, I'd beg to differ.

Kennedy wasn't a Democrat? He was clearly an "old-school" Democrat -- meaning he was pragmatic, not ideologically unhinged like the modern variety (see Occupy Wall Street).

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2011, 11:05 am

ruveyn wrote:
1000Knives wrote:

ruveyn

I'd be voting for Ron Paul to avoid going to war, thank you. Besides, I can think of basically no wars the US has had to fight in modern times, besides I guess WWII, but even then, it was just all from us making alliances with foreign nations. Like, us fighting in WWII certainly worked out for the greater good, but I feel it was sorta unnecessary for US's sake. I also feel like WWII would have been avoided if we just let things take their course in WWI. After WWII, we've not actually been to war, we've done "police action" type deals, but no actual war.

This quote by Nikola Tesla pretty much sums up my views...
Quote:
As I view the world of today, in the light of the gigantic struggle we have
witnessed, I am filled with conviction that the interests of humanity would be
best served if the United States remained true to its traditions, true to God
whom it pretends to believe, and kept out of "entangling alliances." Situated as
it is, geographically remote from the theatres of impending conflicts, without
incentive to territorial aggrandisement, with inexhaustible resources and
immense population thoroughly imbued with the spirit of liberty and right, this
country is placed in a unique and privileged position. It is thus able to exert,
independently, its colossal strength and moral force to the benefit of all, more
judiciously and effectively, than as a member of a league.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2011, 11:44 am

Ragtime wrote:
Vexcalibur wrote:
ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

Kennedy wasn't a Democrat? He was clearly an "old-school" Democrat -- meaning he was pragmatic, not ideologically unhinged like the modern variety (see Occupy Wall Street).
You know that Kennedy's government ended already more than a couple decades ago...

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

29 Nov 2011, 12:08 pm

Ragtime wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Where there's smoke, there's fire.

Ah, that old cliché once again. It all depends on what you consider "smoke". Accusations alone, I suppose, means someone is guilty.

One or maybe even two false accussals(pushing it) are believable I guess but when you get 5 or 6 deep and there are settlements/gag orders/etc involved, I think it's pretty safe to assume that Herman acted inappropriately.