Page 1 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2011, 10:40 pm

Her Campaign as of tonight and she personally are attempting to take what Gingrich said in the CNN Debate tonight on immigration and distort it, trying to claim that Gingrich is for amnesty. That is however not what Gingrich said, and quite frankly what she is doing is way out of line.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2011, 10:41 pm

Bachmann is deserving of nothing but contempt

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2011, 10:43 pm

Vigilans wrote:

She is both crazy and stupid. Double whammy!

ruveyn

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2011, 10:55 pm

Vigilans wrote:

I wouldn't go that far, I will say she has placed politics above being honest in this last debate, but I know enough about what she has done (like raising 23 foster kids) that I wouldn't say she deserves nothing but contempt.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2011, 11:00 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Vigilans wrote:

I wouldn't go that far, I will say she has placed politics above being honest in this last debate, but I know enough about what she has done (like raising 23 foster kids) that I wouldn't say she deserves nothing but contempt.

As a public figure, as a politician, as a person who speaks her mind while her mind is virtually empty of anything useful, she is worthy of nothing but contempt. As a private person, she can do what she wants and that's fine.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

23 Nov 2011, 12:24 am

she's being dishonest about the most dishonest men in modern American history? Couldn't of happened to a nicer guy.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2011, 12:30 am

Jacoby wrote:
she's being dishonest about the most dishonest men in modern American history? Couldn't of happened to a nicer guy.

I can think of someone whom is more dishonest than Newt is quite easily, he goes by the name of Ron Paul.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

23 Nov 2011, 12:54 am

Inuyasha wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

I can think of someone whom is more dishonest than Newt is quite easily, he goes by the name of Ron Paul.

Name one dishonest position that he holds, tell me one flip flop. Please, I beg you! You can't.

Newt was and is in support of amnesty, that's a fact. He'll say whatever he has to say to be elected. Just like he was for the individual mandate before it became unpopular, he was a co-sponsor of the 1987 Fairness Doctrine before it became a conservative buzzword. He was pro-cap and trade and appeared in commercials with Nancy Pelosi about climate, now he doesn't believe in any of that of course. There are so many more examples it's ridiculous.

Newt is a liar, a fraud, and complete traitor to conservative movement. If you support Newt Gingrich, apart from being stupid, you would also feel right at home in Clintonista wing of the democratic party. You dislike Obama why again? I don't even think you can articulate why or if you even know why. Even good ole Newt has acknowledged there wasn't too much difference between You can just spew Fox News garbage and that's it.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2011, 9:01 am

Jacoby wins.

Inuyasha was way out of line for criticising a Republican. Even Fox Noise wouldn't have gone that far.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2011, 9:38 am

Inuyasha wrote:
Her Campaign as of tonight and she personally are attempting to take what Gingrich said in the CNN Debate tonight on immigration and distort it, trying to claim that Gingrich is for amnesty. That is however not what Gingrich said, and quite frankly what she is doing is way out of line.

I haven't followed that specifically, but generally I was just thinking that the fact that there are still, what, 8(?) GOP candidates running -- points to either serious discord within the party, or just personal vanity on the parts of at least some of these candidates (get out, Ron Paul!). Some of them need to just gracefully remove themselves from the running, and get behind the closest remaining candidate to their views; I mean, c'mon, there aren't really 8 different major conservative positions on how to run the executive branch. And 8 is just too many for me to take serious interest in the process so far.

Ann Coulter's arguments (see her latest column) are currently winning me over, in that Romney, while far from the ideal, may be the best candidate to defeat Obama of the ones currently running. (As she says, Reagan would be better, but here we are without a Reagan.) And I agree with her that, despite him having started an Obamacare-like program in his state, he's not going to get in office and then say "Haha, screw the people! I'm going to stupidly drive my approval rating straight into the ground by supporting Obamacare!" I think he at least realizes now that (HELLO!) the people HATE it. And he's not an idealogue like Obama, so he won't just flagrantly ignore the public will in pursuit of his personal whims in governing. He doesn't take pride in keeping the country angry with him, like Obama seems to.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2011, 10:21 am

Ragtime wrote:
the people HATE it.

That's not true at all. Only hate-radio listeners and Fox Noise viewers have been conditioned to hate the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.

By the way, haven't you declared yourself to be officially bored with Politics, Philosophy and Religion?

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2011, 6:51 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

Name one dishonest position that he holds, tell me one flip flop. Please, I beg you! You can't.

U.S. Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) was one of only four House Republicans to break rank from the party and request earmarks despite a Republican Conference earmark moratorium. Paul sent 41 earmark requests totaling $157,093,544 for the 2011 Fiscal Year. His largest single request was $19,500,000 for a naval training ship at the Texas Maritime Academy in Galveston, followed by a $18,126,000 to provide maintenance on the Matagorda Ship Channel.

For Fiscal Year 2010, Paul requested 54 total earmarks, adding up to $398,460,640 in pork that the former presidential candidate sought to bring home to his district. These requests were made prior to the House Republican Conference’s voluntary ban on filing earmarks.

http://washingtonindependent.com/104609 ... et-updated

I thought Ron Paul was against earmarks, why is he one of 4 Republicans to push earmarks when everyone else in the Republican house was pledging not to put earmarks in bills.

Jacoby wrote:
Newt was and is in support of amnesty, that's a fact. He'll say whatever he has to say to be elected. Just like he was for the individual mandate before it became unpopular, he was a co-sponsor of the 1987 Fairness Doctrine before it became a conservative buzzword. He was pro-cap and trade and appeared in commercials with Nancy Pelosi about climate, now he doesn't believe in any of that of course. There are so many more examples it's ridiculous.

One of the advantages of having watched the debate is that I can tell you that your statements are a collection of lies and half truths. Gingrich did not say he was for amnesty, he said we need to be realistic, the people that have been here for over 20 years having entered the country illegally for example would be barred from ever becoming American Citizens (not talking about decendents of them, however they personally would be unable to become citizens).

He also said there was 1 aspect of the Dream Act he supported, and that was someone whom was brought here as a young child if they serve in our military and are honorably discharged at the end of their service tour, they have every right to become a US Citizen. He has never said he supports the Dream act in its' entirety in fact he's opposed to most of it.

Jacoby wrote:
Newt is a liar, a fraud, and complete traitor to conservative movement. If you support Newt Gingrich, apart from being stupid, you would also feel right at home in Clintonista wing of the democratic party. You dislike Obama why again? I don't even think you can articulate why or if you even know why. Even good ole Newt has acknowledged there wasn't too much difference between You can just spew Fox News garbage and that's it.

Newt Gingrich is a Conservative, trying to sabotage everyone but Ron Paul is kinda silly since Ron Paul is as bad as Obama when it comes to foreign policy, or maybe even worse. Gingrich was pointing out the immigration issue isn't a simple cut and dry issue, playing politics trying to slam them because they want a serious discussion on the issue to actually solve the problem is part of why we're in this mess to begin with.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2011, 6:54 pm

Ragtime wrote:
Ann Coulter's arguments (see her latest column) are currently winning me over

Fail

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2011, 6:56 pm

Vigilans wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
Ann Coulter's arguments (see her latest column) are currently winning me over

Fail

Ragtime, don't fall for the same con-job that Ann Coulter is falling for, Romney is Obamalite.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2011, 7:17 pm

Thanks for the information on Mr. Paul. He apparently isn't quite as Libertarian as he presents himself to be.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2011, 7:36 pm

pandabear wrote:
Thanks for the information on Mr. Paul. He apparently isn't quite as Libertarian as he presents himself to be.
Which is what I've been telling people, I knew about this little habit of his for years.