Me and my dad worship Saganism (the worship of carl sagan)

Page 3 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2012, 8:16 am

stgiordanobruno wrote:
What will be next Hawkingism? Dawkinism? I think at the end of the day I am the master of my own belief system. I don't need other external gurus to dictate to me what to think and believe.

The Hawkingites will wear little wheel chairs around their necks. And they will speak in a strange voice.

ruveyn

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2012, 11:57 am

Stephen Hawking, another dark nuclear lord.

stgiordanobruno
Raven
Raven

03 Jan 2012, 5:29 am

androbot2084 wrote:
Carl Sagan advocated rockets powered by the explosions of atomic bombs so that makes him the dark nuclear lord.

I think he would have had Nuclear Pulse Propulsion in mind. You would have to come up with something so radical to cover such vast distances for interstellar space travel efficiently and in a reasonable time frame. With current rocket propulsion technology our spacecrafts would be like slugs by comparison. I think in the current trend towards nuclear disarmament globally there is little future for such projects - for the time being that is. But who's to say that such projects could not be taken off the back burner and have them up back on track.

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2012, 7:02 am

Nuclear Pulse Propulsion is the only way that global disarmament will work simply because you cannot unbuild an atomic bomb.