Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

29 Dec 2011, 6:34 pm

http://www.politico.com/blogs/burns-hab ... 08965.html

Quote:
In a shock announcement Wednesday night, Iowa state senator and onetime Michele Bachmann campaign leader Kent Sorenson declared that he is now supporting Ron Paul for president.

Sorenson made the announcement at a Paul rally with veterans here in Des Moines, telling the crowd: "I believe we're at a turning point in this campaign."

Calling the decision to abandon Bachmann a painful one, Sorenson said he felt obligated to join Paul as the "Republican establishment" tries to undermine his campaign.

"I thought it was my duty to come to his aid, just like he came to my aid during my Senate race, which was a very nasty race," Sorenson said, pledging to go all-out for Paul over the next few days.

To cheers from the crowd, he continued: "We're going to take Ron Paul all the way to the White House."

So yesterday Bachmann's campaign chairman in Iowa defected to Ron Paul.

Bachmann accuses Sorenson of getting paid off to join the Paul campaign and then one of Bachmann's Iowa Political Director Wes Enos comes to Sorenson's defense to say that isn't true.

Quote:
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2011/12/bachmann-vows-to-continue-in-iowa-despite-loss-of-senior-campaign-officials/

Bachmann was forced to explain Thursday not only why her Iowa chairman, State Sen. Kent Sorenson, defected from her campaign to endorse Ron Paul at the 11th hour, but also why her senior political advisor issued a statement refuting Bachmann’s explanation.

Sorenson, Bachmann told reporters Thursday, was “offered a great deal of money” by the Paul campaign to switch teams just five days before the first-in-the-nation caucuses on Jan. 3.

She characterized Sorenson’s departure as political poaching, calling it an “aggressive action by the Ron Paul” campaign.

Bachmann’s Iowa political director, Wes Enos, who like Sorenson joined her campaign in its first days, released a statement under Ron Paul’s letterhead refuting Bachmann’s assertion that Sorenson had been paid to go. Sorenson and Enos both say the state senator decided to back Paul because he had many friends on that campaign, and believed Paul has the best chance of winning.

According to Bachmann spokeswoman Alice Stewart, Enos “is no longer with us,” but she would not confirm whether he’d been fired for insubordination or left on his own accord.

She said her campaign’s organization was strong and she had registered 95 county chairs for caucus night. She said the Paul campaign went after Sorenson after she dealt Rep. Ron Paul a blow in the last televised debate, hammering him on national security issues.

What a crazy b****. She actually thinks she has "momentum" and that she dealt Ron a "blow" in the last television debate despite him shooting to the top of the polls shortly after.

It's funny that she has mentioned politifact on numerous occasions during on the campaign trail and debates when they actually came out and expose her lying.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... d-launch-/

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... -and-said/

As for some more laughs, today she said she wants to be the US version of Marget Thatcher despite her support of the NHS in the UK. Must of skip over that part Michelle.

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2011, 6:46 pm

It's funny that it's the people in Bachmann's camp are defending the defected.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2012, 9:56 am

It is a pity--she really could have won this thing. All that she would have had to have done would have been to flash a nipple during the candidate debates. You know, a subtle little "wardrobe malfunction." The nomination, and possibly the presidency, would have been hers.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2012, 9:58 am

Michelle Bachman had a campaign?

Who would have known?

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2012, 10:08 am

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2012, 12:17 pm

I thought her cross-eyed look at the debates was kinda cute.

some atheist to stick: "You're like me!"

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2012, 12:31 pm

This has to have been what cost her the election.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sFp0tnb7Wo[/youtube]

A good, Christian woman just does not dance, under any circumstances. She looks like a floozy, and reveals herself to be a hypocrite.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2012, 1:41 pm

Plus Marcus is in the closet.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2012, 2:25 pm

There are times when I wish Michelle Bachmann would implode.

ruveyn

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2012, 4:27 pm

I would like to see her get elected only to enjoy the emotional acrobatics of the left on this forum for the next 4 years.
:P

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2012, 4:32 pm

Raptor wrote:
I would like to see her get elected only to enjoy the emotional acrobatics of the left on this forum for the next 4 years.
:P

Yeah, but she danced. She was caught on video. That is worse than Herman Cain's adulteries.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2012, 6:10 pm

Our local congresswoman was interviewed in our local paper recently about the Republican field, and I found it hilarious how she described Bachmann, which basically came down to Ms. Bachmann being pretty unintelligent, and unintelligent to the point of not worth fearing, even if she did win the presidency.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2012, 11:20 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHJoj9IqeKg[/youtube]

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2012, 4:07 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/michele-bachmann-drops-presidential-race-155845621.html

The saddest thing about that is, it'll just be a minor blip on the CNN crawl when Marcus Bachmann's homosexual scandal finally hits.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2012, 5:45 pm

pandabear wrote:

some atheist to stick: "You're like me!"