Page 8 of 12 [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 4:54 pm

I see. :lol:

ModusPonens
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 5:15 pm

Fnord wrote:
ModusPonens wrote:
... some humans remember their past lifes.

Can you provide links of book references to first-hand accounts of people remembering their past lives?

I have to correct my last post as the literal translation of anedoctal to my language is different in meaning than the english word.

So you asked for first-hand accounts but you require them not to be subjective and anedoctal? I can only conclude that your initial goal was to ridicule my beliefs asking an aparently honest question to then ridicularise my response. Well, the joke's on you since at least I can't be acused of intelectual dishonesty in discussing this. I stated why I believe in reincarnation aqnd that I'm not here trying to prove anything as that is impossible for our current technology. It belongs to the realm of religion, not science. However, your position was intelectualy dishonest.

I have nothing further to add to you on the subject of rebirth as you demonstrated not being fit for a discussion with me.

ripped
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 8:37 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
ripped wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Someone once told me that in my last life I was a very high-achieving alchemist who hid his works within the Catholic church and when my hidden works were found I was excommunicated and killed (sounds a lot like Giordano Bruno).

Question is - was that true? Alternatively, is it possible they were just trying to steer me where they thought my intellect would best work out?

Wat it true? Only you can answer that.
Do you have a flair for chemistry? That could be a hint.
Are you mistrustful of religions, dogmas and authority? That could be a hint.
Do you have vexatious trust issues? That could be a hint.

At a minimum I know this person's sources were something real. My sense though at this point at least; this doesn't need to evidence such a thing as true but rather denotes certain sources of inspiration that 'they' would want me to draw on.

I can't remember where I heard this, lots of NDE research and I read several different people's in-depth books but, they say that when you're told things like that (per the rules of the other side) those things don't even need to be true - all they need to be is expedient to your life chart and life pre-planning. Hence they (contact spirits) have carte blanc to make it up as they go - all in the interest and execution of your life plan of course.

Did you get anything positive from it?

ripped
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 8:39 pm

MCalavera wrote:
ripped wrote:
MCalavera wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
MCalavera wrote:
I really don't want their heaven. :scratch:

if you don't like the mormon heaven, there are other heavens to choose from.

You mean I'm not allowed to be just dead??? :wall:

Of course you are!
But why would you want to be when you could flit about the whole universe, traverse the celestial planes, make acquaintances with all the people you have encountered throughout eternity.
And then some 'angel guide' comes up to you and says 'There's this very exiting opportunity on this young planet. You can be born there and take part in something magnificent, something never before seen there.'
And you say, 'Oh what the hell'.
And here you are!

It sounds all sweet and nice when you read about these things, but they are just your fantasy at the end of the day. And not rooted in reality.

You speak of your own personal bias of course.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 8:41 pm

puddingmouse wrote:
So that your life force has a better reincarnation next time, meaning there is less suffering in the world. Just because it doesn't benefit your ego doesn't mean it isn't worth doing.
My ego does not seem to care , and my life force does not exist.

I don't really think the net suffering has been reduced throughout all these eras.

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 8:42 pm

ripped wrote:
MCalavera wrote:
ripped wrote:
MCalavera wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
MCalavera wrote:

Of course you are!
But why would you want to be when you could flit about the whole universe, traverse the celestial planes, make acquaintances with all the people you have encountered throughout eternity.
And then some 'angel guide' comes up to you and says 'There's this very exiting opportunity on this young planet. You can be born there and take part in something magnificent, something never before seen there.'
And here you are!

It sounds all sweet and nice when you read about these things, but they are just your fantasy at the end of the day. And not rooted in reality.

We all have biases. But this doesn't make what you say to be true.

ripped
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 8:52 pm

MCalavera wrote:
ripped wrote:
MCalavera wrote:
ripped wrote:
MCalavera wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
MCalavera wrote:

Of course you are!
And here you are!

We all have biases. But this doesn't make what you say to be true.

Your fantasy of others reality in no way infringes upon the truth.

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 9:06 pm

I really can't make much sense of what you just said here.

ripped
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 9:12 pm

MCalavera wrote:

You'll get there.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 9:19 pm

Vexcalibur wrote:
I don't really think the net suffering has been reduced throughout all these eras.

Is that a reason to not try to reduce it?

The way I see it, karma is cause and effect and reincarnation is probably atoms and energy being reused. It makes sense that cause and effect continues after death, but reincarnation doesn't really have any effect on how you should behave.

I haven't completely written off the idea of a 'life principle' but I admit there is no evidence for it, so not believing in it is the sensible thing to do.

I try to 'do the right thing' or at least 'the less wrong thing' because of my awareness of cause and effect.

Last edited by puddingmouse on 25 Jan 2013, 9:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 9:19 pm

ripped wrote:
MCalavera wrote:

You'll get there.

Saying stuff like that just makes you look arrogant. Isn't there any doubt in your head about this?

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 9:22 pm

ripped wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:
At a minimum I know this person's sources were something real. My sense though at this point at least; this doesn't need to evidence such a thing as true but rather denotes certain sources of inspiration that 'they' would want me to draw on.

I can't remember where I heard this, lots of NDE research and I read several different people's in-depth books but, they say that when you're told things like that (per the rules of the other side) those things don't even need to be true - all they need to be is expedient to your life chart and life pre-planning. Hence they (contact spirits) have carte blanc to make it up as they go - all in the interest and execution of your life plan of course.

My complete distrust at this point for what are called 'familiar spirits' in the OT leaves that being a very open-ended question. At a minimum it tells me they're good at what they do.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 9:23 pm

ModusPonens wrote:
Fnord wrote:
ModusPonens wrote:
... some humans remember their past lifes.

Can you provide links of book references to first-hand accounts of people remembering their past lives?

I have to correct my last post as the literal translation of anedoctal to my language is different in meaning than the english word.

So you asked for first-hand accounts but you require them not to be subjective and anedoctal? I can only conclude that your initial goal was to ridicule my beliefs asking an aparently honest question to then ridicularise my response. Well, the joke's on you since at least I can't be acused of intelectual dishonesty in discussing this. I stated why I believe in reincarnation aqnd that I'm not here trying to prove anything as that is impossible for our current technology. It belongs to the realm of religion, not science. However, your position was intelectualy dishonest.

I have nothing further to add to you on the subject of rebirth as you demonstrated not being fit for a discussion with me.

He was asking an honest question.

I don't think 'religion' should be exempt from scientific enquiry.

ripped
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 9:29 pm

puddingmouse wrote:
ripped wrote:
MCalavera wrote:

You'll get there.

Saying stuff like that just makes you look arrogant. Isn't there any doubt in your head about this?

You haven't included the rest of the conversation, so I cant answer it.

ripped
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 9:31 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
ripped wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:

My complete distrust at this point for what are called 'familiar spirits' in the OT leaves that being a very open-ended question. At a minimum it tells me they're good at what they do.

It doesn't sound like It was a very positive experience.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 9:32 pm

ripped wrote:
puddingmouse wrote:
ripped wrote:
MCalavera wrote:

You'll get there.

You haven't included the rest of the conversation, so I cant answer it.

I meant doubt in your head about reincarnation as you understand it.