Should girls be beaten less severely than boys?

Page 1 of 7 [ 103 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

How severely should girls be beaten, relative to boys?
Boys should be beaten more savagely than girls 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Girls should be beaten more savagely than boys 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
Beating severity should be reduced for wimpier kids of either gender 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
Wimpier kids should be flogged with greater intensity 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
All should be beaten with equal severity 13%  13%  [ 10 ]
No children should be beaten 79%  79%  [ 60 ]
Total votes : 76

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2012, 9:32 am

Every day throughout the South, Black children routinely receive beatings from school officials. Call it the South's "Peculiar Institution."

This time, the victim was a diminutive White girl

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EWRJb0MtUg[/youtube]

The beating left her buttocks severely bruised and blistered.

The fact that, this time, the victim was a little blonde honour student of course elevated the nation's interest. A typical little Black girl, and no-one would have cared.

Anyway, the girl volunteered for the beating (to avoid being compelled to miss another day of classes), and her mother said "Go ahead, flog away", with the understanding that the beating would be administered by a woman.

Apparently, the big strong male vice president was turned on strongly enough at the idea of stroking this lovely lass's ass, that he did not want to defer the opportunity to anyone else.

The issue, for Texan mothers, is that they feel that White girls should only be beaten by adult White women, who would, presumably, beat their daughters more gently.

So, what say ye? Should girls be entitled to less severe beatings than boys? Or, has Feminism run amok in the South?

Last edited by ArrantPariah on 11 Oct 2012, 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Curlywurly
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Oct 2012, 9:35 am

Children should not be beaten.

Full stop.

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2012, 9:40 am

I don't understand why Southerners don't realize this is FETISHISM. That principal (and probably the female onlooker) will be sexually fantasizing about that incident for a loooong time. The student is a victim of sexual assault.

TM
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2012, 9:49 am

As a feminist I think that due to gender equality reasons, beatings should be equally administered to both genders.

aspi-rant
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2012, 9:49 am

primitive stone age people.

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2012, 9:50 am

I don't like the idea of school officers beating students, in general.

But assuming I was and going from there, women should be beat by women and men by men, especially when something as sexually charged as spanking is involved. Black or white is irrelevant, that part was just racist.

TM
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2012, 9:52 am

Shatbat wrote:
I don't like the idea of school officers beating students, in general.

But assuming I was and going from there, women should be beat by women and men by men, .

Why? That means men will get a harder punishment because women literally hit like girls. It's gender discrimination to punish men harder than women (even though the rest of the legal system does as well).

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2012, 10:02 am

Why should anyone be beaten?

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2012, 10:03 am

I know this is a serious subject, but I just couldn't stop laughing after seeing that clip. American exceptionalism at its finest.

I'm surprised the host could keep a straight face...

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2012, 10:13 am

TM wrote:
Why? That means men will get a harder punishment because women literally hit like girls. It's gender discrimination to punish men harder than women (even though the rest of the legal system does as well).

Well, it should be a heavy handed woman. The alternative is having some creep getting pleasure from spaking his students. But what if we could be assured the guy doing the spanking would do it without getting any gratification from it? Or what if it was a woman doing the spanking but she was a creep? Ideally the one doing the spaking should be professional about it, regardless of gender, but realistically, what usually works on that aspect is dividing them in gender, as the police do when policemen are searched by men, and policewomen by women. That's not perfect either, but is the best solution I know.

And going back to the main idea, if it's between men getting beaten harder than women, and women getting sexually harassed over men, I'll have to pick the former, even though yes, it would be unfair towards men. That would be a problem, so women should be required to be more stern with their punishments, or men should be required to go easier on theirs.

But you know what? I like better the idea of not beating up anyone at all. If anything, that should be left to family (yeah I'm one of those who agree on physical punishment, as long as it doesn't leave anything worse than bruising, but this thread is not about that so please don't derail this specific topic if anyone disagrees with me on this issue)

TM
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2012, 10:19 am

Shatbat wrote:
TM wrote:

Well, it should be a heavy handed woman. The alternative is having some creep getting pleasure from spaking his students. But what if we could be assured the guy doing the spanking would do it without getting any gratification from it? Or what if it was a woman doing the spanking but she was a creep? Ideally the one doing the spaking should be professional about it, regardless of gender, but realistically, what usually works on that aspect is dividing them in gender, as the police do where policemen are searched by men, and policewomen by women. That's not perfect either, but is the best solution I know.

What if the student being spanked is a masochist that enjoys a nice spanking by an authority figure? What if the student is a gay masochist getting pleasure off it? The reason why dividing by gender for being searched would work is that physical strength is not a big issue there, but here both the tendency I'd be of women of not only hitting more softly due to strength issues but also due to feeling sorry for the person being spanked play a role.

Moral of the story, don't cheat.

*On an unrelated note, as a man I prefer being searched by female police officers and TSA agents.*

Shatbat wrote:
And going back to the main idea, if it's between men getting beaten harder than women, and women getting sexually harassed over men, I'll have to pick the former, even though yes, it would be unfair towards men. That would be a problem, so women should be required to be more stern with their punishments, or men should be required to go easier on theirs.

If we really want to go scientific, we could put a pressure pad on the behind of the student to measure the impact of each swing.

I do find it ironic, that you consider every single instance of punishment towards a male being "sterner" as less of an evil than perhaps women feeling sexually harassed some percentage of the time.

Of course, I will be quoting you the next time I need to defend my argument that society has ALWAYS valued women over men.

DerStadtschutz
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2012, 10:28 am

No one should be beaten, period. To suggest that anytime a male administers physical punishment to a female, that it's sexual in nature and he gets off on it is f*****g absurd. Not only that, but it plays into the whole "well, he's male, so he must want to rape me" BS.

Not every man is a rapist, god damnit. NOBODY SHOULD BE BEATEN, but if they're going to do it, it needs to be done EQUALLY to EVERYONE, as much as that's even possible. This question need not even be asked... What kind of f****d up society is this, where we honestly have to even ask these kinds of questions? Here we go again, women want special treatment but claim to be equal... MAKE UP YOUR MINDS.

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2012, 10:30 am

Quote:
Ideally the one doing the spaking should be professional about it

Perhaps a new professional advancement class for teachers?
Corporeal Punishment 101: Beating Children for Fun and Profit
Covering topics such as: how to not leave marks, paddle vs. hand, and how to disguise an erection.

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2012, 10:33 am

Please stop equating spanking with beating. They are different.

As for the video, I read the story. The girl chose to have a spanking.

The only thing I would agree with is that a male should not spank a female and vise versa.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2012, 10:35 am

Here is Chris Pennington, the creepy principal who manhandled the girl's ass

He really ought to be placed on a sex-offenders' registry, and kept the Hell away from children.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2012, 10:36 am

thewhitrbbit wrote:
Please stop equating spanking with beating. They are different.

Spanking is a form of beating.