Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

heavenlyabyss
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2012, 7:54 am

Anyone know about this? I have done a small amount of research on it, and was shocked to find that I actually agree with some of the supposed values. The nine Satanic Statements, according to the oh-so-reliable internet [sarcasm intended]

1. Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence!

2. Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams!

3. Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit!

4. Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it instead of love wasted on ingrates!

5. Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek!

6. Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires!

7. Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his “divine spiritual and intellectual development,” has become the most vicious animal of all!

8. Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!

9. Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years!

I agree with it to an extent an actually follow some of the same values (I will attack people who I feel are truly deserving of attack and be nice to people who I feel are truly deserving of it). I actually have met one or two satanists I believe (one claimed to pray to a goat of some kind, I really don't remember the name). The guy was really cool to me perhaps because he saw me as a good person but was a total as*hole to others who in my opinion didn't deserve it at all. He sometimes would drop hints about other people that I took as an attack on me. I wasn't sure whether to trust him or not. I felt he was manipulative.

It wasn't so much that his theory was wrong I realize now, the problem was that he was too stupid to realize how bad his perception of people really was. He attacked people who didn't deserve it all which is why I really try not to attack people unless I am 100% certain they are evil to the core (I don't buy into this religious BS about loving your enemy - sociopaths are deserving of hate).

Actually I am shying away from this whole attack your enemies thing. I gave it a fair go and realize now it is just futile. I will not love them or hate them, I will usually just ignore them, for the most part.

What do you guys think of this?

I

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2012, 8:00 am

That's Lavayan Satanism, not actual "devil worship". Actual "devil worship" worships the Christian figure Satan, rather than God. Satanists who worship the devil believe that both God and Satan exist, and choose to side with the bad guy.

Lavayan Satanism, OTOH, is athiesm. Lavay called it Satanism for shock value and also because it's values are opposite from Christianity. While they truly don't espouse any diety or afterlife, they do have rituals like Mass, Baptism, Funeral, Weddings, etc. Lavay says that he wrote those because of man's basic need for ritual to comfirm his beliefs, values, ethics.

So, Lavayan Satanism is simply athiesm in narcissism's clothing, dressed up to look spooky.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

psych
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2012, 9:19 am

satan = cancer consciousness

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvUG5jO8ryI[/youtube]

CrazyCatLord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2012, 12:23 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:
That's Lavayan Satanism, not actual "devil worship". Actual "devil worship" worships the Christian figure Satan, rather than God. Satanists who worship the devil believe that both God and Satan exist, and choose to side with the bad guy.

Lavayan Satanism, OTOH, is athiesm. Lavay called it Satanism for shock value and also because it's values are opposite from Christianity. While they truly don't espouse any diety or afterlife, they do have rituals like Mass, Baptism, Funeral, Weddings, etc. Lavay says that he wrote those because of man's basic need for ritual to comfirm his beliefs, values, ethics.

So, Lavayan Satanism is simply athiesm in narcissism's clothing, dressed up to look spooky.

Exactly. Although I would have said unbridled hedonism rather than narcissism. LaVeyan satanists are capable of loving others, but they are very selective. It's a "me me me" philosophy. People who aren't an asset to them are thought unworthy of love and respect.

If that works for people, fine. At least they're honest about not giving a damn about anyone but themselves. But personally, I like my atheism with a dash of freethought and a huge side of secular humanism. Hold the inverted pentagrams and goat heads.

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2012, 1:07 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:

A better description would be that Lavayan Satanism is Ayn Rand's philosophy toned down substantially!

TheKing
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2012, 1:10 pm

CrazyCatLord wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:

Exactly. Although I would have said unbridled hedonism rather than narcissism. LaVeyan satanists are capable of loving others, but they are very selective. It's a "me me me" philosophy. People who aren't an asset to them are thought unworthy of love and respect.

If that works for people, fine. At least they're honest about not giving a damn about anyone but themselves. But personally, I like my atheism with a dash of freethought and a huge side of secular humanism. Hold the inverted pentagrams and goat heads.

exactly! i like some of what LaVeyan Satanism says, some of their tenents like if your in someones home respect them or dont go there but most are not for me

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2012, 1:11 pm

A history of the mythology of Satan.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-gbOnWj6Mw[/youtube]

thedaywalker
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2012, 3:14 pm

wow psych nice that you know that to
i see satanism as the idea that you should be fighting to obtain what you want instead of gently finding what you need

abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2012, 3:15 pm

There is also what some people call Spiritual Satanism, the belief that you are your own god and master of your own destiny.

Instead of mass, you meditate. The very basis of the religion (as I understand it) is to improve yourself in every way you desire.

You will reap what you've sown.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2012, 4:20 pm

There is are so many different types of Satanism it's ridiculous.......I used to consider myself a satanist because I felt I should define my life how I want, think for myself and avoid going along with something just because the authority says to. I also delved a bit into screwing around with the 'demons' but never got very far so I still don't know that I believe spiritual entities or not. Because its possible any experiences involving spiritual entities where just my brain playing tricks on me.

But yeah I kind of stopped using that term to describe myself as it only seemed to confuse and enrage people even when I tried to explain what it really was to me. So I figured I'll keep my obscure beliefs that fit somewhere on the satanism spectrum to myself unless someone really wants to discuss those things. As of now I'm kinda on the fence about some things so I could not say what term could be used to describe my current beliefs.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2012, 4:36 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
There is are so many different types of Satanism it's ridiculous.......I used to consider myself a satanist because I felt I should define my life how I want, think for myself and avoid going along with something just because the authority says to. I also delved a bit into screwing around with the 'demons' but never got very far so I still don't know that I believe spiritual entities or not. Because its possible any experiences involving spiritual entities where just my brain playing tricks on me.

But yeah I kind of stopped using that term to describe myself as it only seemed to confuse and enrage people even when I tried to explain what it really was to me. So I figured I'll keep my obscure beliefs that fit somewhere on the satanism spectrum to myself unless someone really wants to discuss those things. As of now I'm kinda on the fence about some things so I could not say what term could be used to describe my current beliefs.

I like discussing religions. They interest me. I'd never tell someone that their religious beliefs are wrong, even if they differ from mine.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

Sunshine7
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Feb 2012, 12:35 pm

That's not the worship of satan, that's worship of Slaanesh

Who are all feeble hedonistic weaklings, of course. Blood for the Blood God!!

so_subtly_strange
Toucan
Toucan

04 Feb 2012, 5:12 am

OliveOilMom wrote:
Satanists who worship the devil believe that both God and Satan exist, and choose to side with the bad guy

does anyone really do that? i think anyone who considers themself some sort of satanist, at some level has a different definition of satan than the christian perception

abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2012, 3:47 pm

so_subtly_strange wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:
Satanists who worship the devil believe that both God and Satan exist, and choose to side with the bad guy

does anyone really do that? i think anyone who considers themself some sort of satanist, at some level has a different definition of satan than the christian perception

Some people do for the shock value.

Most Satanists don't see Satan in the biblical sense, but in the older sense of Satan being the bringer of knowledge.

You will reap what you've sown.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2012, 10:49 pm

All I know for certain is that Satanism replaces one form of superstitious nonsense with another.

psych
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2012, 1:59 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
There is are so many different types of Satanism it's ridiculous.......I used to consider myself a satanist because I felt I should define my life how I want, think for myself and avoid going along with something just because the authority says to.

Ive defined myself that way a long time ago.

What your describing if anything is anti-satanism.

satan is a conscious energy that has become seperated from the creative spirit, and seeks to expand, infect to further itself and replace the creative spirit by any means necessary - seduction, violence, fear, flattery.. it can be fiercely intelligent whilst comlpetely lacking in wisdom - a tumor that doesnt realise that in its quest to grow, to exist, its destroying its own host.

The genesis of authorities and institutions that seek to control people, indoctrinate and seperate them from expressing there true nature - thats one way in which satan manifests in human society. The catholic church is a prime example of an in-your-face satanic cult practising occult ritual in plain site. That people rebelling against this will sometimes identify themselves as satanists and then re-enter the control system through the back door is just an added bonus.

Theres a lot of various definitions and co-opting into philosophies etc but i think when you see it for yourself, its so profound that you realise 'ahh - so thats what satanism is!!' To identify and treat a disease effectively you first need to understand what a healthy system is supposed to look like, or in this case be in touch with the creative spirit, and thats what most people are lacking. Its not something that really lends itself to being revealed in an 'intellectual debate' on the internet iyswim? youll find your own way. although that video i posted does a pretty good job of laying it all out.

Quote:
I also delved a bit into screwing around with the 'demons' but never got very far so I still don't know that I believe spiritual entities or not. Because its possible any experiences involving spiritual entities where just my brain playing tricks on me..

I would speculate that if any people who get drawn into this and do seem to acquire powers, that the malevelent entities they contact are manipulating and using them as vessels whilst encouraging the humans to percieve that they are calling the shots and working 'with' or even 'in command' of the entities.

You dont have to look too far to see examples of this same pattern manifesting in corporeal life (politics for example). As above, so below.

AND/OR

people may seem to acquire powers, powers that they percieve as having being granted by entities, whereas in reality the people always possessed the potential to do those things unaided themselves, and the entities are happy to take the credit, keeping the human in close contact for their own motives ie. to leech off them.

Last edited by psych on 08 Feb 2012, 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.