Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2012, 11:01 am

I present, for your enjoyment.... :)

http://www.andersoncooper.com/2012/02/2 ... -exorcism/

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2012, 11:05 am

Has he seen the Exorcist? That's some pretty foul language the devil uses.

I think there is some kind of mixed message here. Combat evil versus let your daughters have highly sexual conversations with Satan.

CrazyCatLord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2012, 1:26 pm

It's only a matter of time before these poor girls, who were turned into mental cases by their equally insane father, "exorcise" someone who needs urgent medical help and dies as the result of buying into this nonsense. They are already messing with people who suffer from severe headaches, which could be a symptom of a serious health condition.

simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2012, 1:34 pm

These people live in that world 24/7. It's a world filled with signs, omens, and the sense that Satan is very real and constantly messing with them through trivial daily events.

I know someone who had hands laid on them in church by these types. Someone heard a scream outside and they all swore that no one was near the church. A random sound was to them proof of a very real demon escaping the power of Christ. And they see this stuff every day. These types live in a giddy, teenage slumber party environment where everyone agrees that something very creepy is about to happen and they subconsciously conspire to keep it going.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2012, 2:02 pm

simon_says wrote:
A random sound was to them proof of a very real demon escaping the power of Christ. And they see this stuff every day. These types live in a giddy, teenage slumber party environment where everyone agrees that something very creepy is about to happen and they subconsciously conspire to keep it going.

Lol, wouldn't that be true of the exorcism itself?

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2012, 8:13 pm

Funny, they don't do crap like this in my church. :?

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2012, 8:23 pm

simon_says wrote:
These people live in that world 24/7. It's a world filled with signs, omens, and the sense that Satan is very real and constantly messing with them through trivial daily events.

Why does this seem like some form of Paranoid-Schizophrenia? I'm certainly not a mental-health professional, but if something looks like a duck... ;)

simon_says wrote:
I know someone who had hands laid on them in church by these types. Someone heard a scream outside and they all swore that no one was near the church. A random sound was to them proof of a very real demon escaping the power of Christ. And they see this stuff every day. These types live in a giddy, teenage slumber party environment where everyone agrees that something very creepy is about to happen and they subconsciously conspire to keep it going.

I once let a couple of faith-healers "lay hands" on me. They seemed to be expecting me to fall over backward like the previous cases. When I just stood there, smiling, someone in the audience shouted something about the Devil being among them, and I was hustled off stage and out the back door.

I guess I made them look bad, or sumpin ...

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2012, 8:27 pm

Fnord wrote:
simon_says wrote:

Why does this seem like some form of Paranoid-Schizophrenia? I'm certainly not a mental-health professional, but if something looks like a duck... ;)

simon_says wrote:

I once let a couple of faith-healers "lay hands" on me. They seemed to be expecting me to fall over backward like the previous cases. When I just stood there, smiling, someone in the audience shouted something about the Devil being among them, and I was hustled off stage and out the back door.

I guess I made them look bad, or sumpin ...

That is absolutely hilarious!
The thing is, for this kind of hucksterism to work, the people they take advantage of have to be willing to cooperate.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2012, 12:54 am

the zeal of youth gives a rejuvenating versimilitude to an ancient practice of dubious authenticity. it reminds me of another question i've thought about for awhile- what happens at those public hypnosis demonstrations, to test subjects plucked out of the audience who can't be hypnotised? or, are those children of a greater god who can be mesmerized into clucking like a chicken, just "plants" in pre-arranged service to the "hypnotist"? what a world, what a world. :duh:

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2012, 2:35 am

CrazyCatLord wrote:
It's only a matter of time before these poor girls, who were turned into mental cases by their equally insane father, "exorcise" someone who needs urgent medical help and dies as the result of buying into this nonsense. They are already messing with people who suffer from severe headaches, which could be a symptom of a serious health condition.

You said it. There are a few cases of the quacks known as exorcists killing autistic children.

http://autismnaturalvariation.blogspot. ... rcism.html

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2012, 8:54 am

If there's anything to what these girls are doing I think I'm having a rare Mike Savage moment - I'd send em to Washington DC! Think they'd be busy for years. :lol:

auntblabby wrote:
the zeal of youth gives a rejuvenating versimilitude to an ancient practice of dubious authenticity.

Wow...try saying that fast five times....

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2012, 8:57 am

CrazyCatLord wrote:

But...you see....that's how an exorcist *REALLY* knows they're good - they not only scare the demon out but the person's soul right along with it!

Exorcist shakes his/her head: "I'm sorry, looks like that was a strong one - the demon just had too much of a hold on him. I'll pray to Michael the archangel, we can at least get some closure in that if he was a good person Michael will rescue him and chariot him up to heaven."

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2012, 6:03 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
the zeal of youth gives a rejuvenating versimilitude to an ancient practice of dubious authenticity.

Wow...try saying that fast five times....

just try saying "the sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick" 5 times fast. :idea:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2012, 6:51 pm

A case of real life immitating "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2012, 6:56 pm

naturalplastic wrote:

Great show, but I liked Angel better.

diniesaur
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2012, 11:46 pm

:roll: This almost makes me want to start exorcising people through the power of Set... :roll:

Kraichgauer wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

Great show, but I liked Angel better.

NOOO! Buffy is WAY better!