Multiculturalism Does Work: A Better World Is Possible

Page 3 of 10 [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next

TheDarkMage
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Mar 2012, 4:23 pm

Tequila wrote:
So you approve of the state using effective slave labour to subsidise private companies whilst putting waged people out of work?

thats exactly what it is.

whats worse though, that or the persecution of the sick and disabled? people dying of cancer having to work for benefits, people who literally cannot work being forced into work. and of course where the hell are the jobs they are supposed to be moved into? oh yeah - the immigrants took them.

donnie_darko
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2012, 2:40 am

The result of global multiculturalism is a bland, generic McCulture where everyone is united in their pursuit of monetary gain and every single city on the Earth looks exactly the same. Racial prejudice will simply be replaced with subcultural and class prejudice. The as*holes of society will hate emos and punks instead of hating black people and Muslims.

Personally, I like real diversity, not buzzword 'diversity'. Multiculturalism is great and integral to America and Canada, since we already destroyed our indigenous cultures and nobody is really connected to the land. For the rest of the world though, I would rather that we did not uproot the cultures that have been there for hundreds, sometimes thousands, of years.

Now this might surprise you, but I am against borders. I think the world should be borderless, but at the same time, I would hate for all the awesome cultures in the world to be replaced by a soulless mix of all of them. A Chinatown is never going to feel like China.

piroflip
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Mar 2012, 2:57 am

TheDarkMage wrote:
Oodain wrote:
TheDarkMage wrote:
britain is a great example of the failure of multiculturalism

or the people in it

er no

errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr YES.

it's called "white flight" and I don't blame them for flying.

donnie_darko
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2012, 3:02 am

TM wrote:
What's happening in Europe is rapidly approaching parallel societies within the same country rather than one unified people, because the difference in values is much greater in the case of European multiculturalism than it was in the case of American multiculturalism.

Yes, that's why I think Europeans are justified in being skeptical that the American model is good for them. Americans and Canadians, aside from the unfortunately ignored First Nations, are all united in the sense they are all from somewhere else. Modern Europeans are not responsible for the colonial actions of their ancestors and should not be deprived of their culture as punishment for something that happened centuries ago.

donnie_darko
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2012, 3:09 am

petitesouris wrote:
I think the OP assumes that the western countries of the new world are the same as Europe, Britain, and Scandinavia. America has a history of different ethnicities who have (over time) learned to get along. This is not the case across the Atlantic. Throwing away thousands of years of civilization will result in replacement, most likely by the patronizing imperialist ideology of islam (and I suspect this degradation and incursion of our nations is what the EU strives for).

I would say American-style materialism and shallow pop culture is far more of a threat than Islam. Though, God forbid, imagine a mix of both! IE Saudi Arabia or Dubai.

TheDarkMage
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Mar 2012, 3:41 am

piroflip wrote:
TheDarkMage wrote:
Oodain wrote:
TheDarkMage wrote:
britain is a great example of the failure of multiculturalism

or the people in it

er no

errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr YES.

it's called "white flight" and I don't blame them for flying.

so what your saying is that white people are scared of the minorities coming in?

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2012, 5:30 pm

Woofer123, you will need to edit your post so that you are not pasting the entire article. please use an excerpt only and link to the rest. thank you.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2012, 5:33 pm

TheDarkMage wrote:
first of all this is my stance on MC.

the country's primary culture should always take precedence over any other - the british culture in our case. (obviously not possible in some countries)
other cultures should have a presence in places - chinatown for example.
other cultures shouls never take over from the primary culture.

britain has a LONG history. britain has a specific culture.

MC was an experiment forced upon the people of britain by the last government. they allowed (and still do) uncontrolled immigration which has all but destroyed the country. yet we are not allowed to say this as we will be prosecuted under some idiot nazi style law.

people in britain never had a say. people in britain did not want mass immigration. the immigrants who have come here, especially muslims, have no respect for our culture. they expect to bring their own laws and try to enforce them upon us through the back door.

hahaha do you really think that the UK is a culture unto itself? apparently you need a history lesson because the modern "culture" of the UK was created by waves of immigration over thousands of years.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2012, 5:41 pm

Its fine up until you start having supremacists welling up from it and disregard for the greater fabric of society.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Burzum
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2012, 3:16 am

donnie_darko wrote:
The result of global multiculturalism is a bland, generic McCulture where everyone is united in their pursuit of monetary gain and every single city on the Earth looks exactly the same. Racial prejudice will simply be replaced with subcultural and class prejudice. The as*holes of society will hate emos and punks instead of hating black people and Muslims.

Personally, I like real diversity, not buzzword 'diversity'. Multiculturalism is great and integral to America and Canada, since we already destroyed our indigenous cultures and nobody is really connected to the land. For the rest of the world though, I would rather that we did not uproot the cultures that have been there for hundreds, sometimes thousands, of years.

I agree with you completely.

TheDarkMage
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Mar 2012, 3:35 am

hyperlexian wrote:
TheDarkMage wrote:

the country's primary culture should always take precedence over any other - the british culture in our case. (obviously not possible in some countries)

MC was an experiment forced upon the people of britain by the last government. they allowed (and still do) uncontrolled immigration which has all but destroyed the country. yet we are not allowed to say this as we will be prosecuted under some idiot nazi style law.

people in britain never had a say. people in britain did not want mass immigration. the immigrants who have come here, especially muslims, have no respect for our culture. they expect to bring their own laws and try to enforce them upon us through the back door.

hahaha do you really think that the UK is a culture unto itself? apparently you need a history lesson because the modern "culture" of the UK was created by waves of immigration over thousands of years.

seriously give me a break. we know that and that is why britain has its own culture and history. please dont try and tell me that britain is some sort of american wannabe.

i will not budge on this issue - THERE ARE TOO MANY PEOPLE IN BRITAIN!

it doesnt matter about all the theoretical nonsense that you can throw at the subject - that is the bottom line. there is no room for anybody else. we are even running out of water it is so bad.

please spare me from any more utopian babble.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2012, 3:38 am

TheDarkMage wrote:
THERE ARE TOO MANY PEOPLE IN BRITAIN!

The problem is not that there are too many people in the UK, but that we don't have the infrastructure, amenities or the need for yet more immigrants whilst we have more than enough issues and damage already caused by mass immigration and an ever-expanding population. There's enough space in the UK, just not the resources or the need.

If you think the UK is too crowded, I suggest you visit Gibraltar. Or Malta. Or Hong Kong. Or Macau.

Mass immigration needs to stop for the benefit of our own citizens.

TheDarkMage
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Mar 2012, 4:18 am

Tequila wrote:
TheDarkMage wrote:
THERE ARE TOO MANY PEOPLE IN BRITAIN!

The problem is not that there are too many people in the UK, but that we don't have the infrastructure, amenities or the need for yet more immigrants whilst we have more than enough issues and damage already caused by mass immigration and an ever-expanding population. There's enough space in the UK, just not the resources or the need.

If you think the UK is too crowded, I suggest you visit Gibraltar. Or Malta. Or Hong Kong. Or Macau.

Mass immigration needs to stop for the benefit of our own citizens.

i do agree with what you say, but more infrastructure would mean loss of heritage. it means giving the government their way over selling off forests and green belt land which they already do on the sly.

the places which you mention are a perfect example of why immigration should be stopped.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2012, 4:24 am

TheDarkMage wrote:
the places which you mention are a perfect example of why immigration should be stopped.

None of these places have really had mass immigration though, although there is still a sizable community of Brits in Malta.

If you visit Gibraltar, that's also quite a mixed place but it's so tiny and overcrowded not because of mass immigration but because there are too many people and too little space, even for locals.

TheDarkMage
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Mar 2012, 4:40 am

Tequila wrote:
TheDarkMage wrote:

None of these places have really had mass immigration though, although there is still a sizable community of Brits in Malta.

If you visit Gibraltar, that's also quite a mixed place but it's so tiny and overcrowded not because of mass immigration but because there are too many people and too little space, even for locals.

yeah i wasnt actually implying they had mass immigration, i was just referring to population levels. :)

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2012, 11:46 am

TheDarkMage wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
TheDarkMage wrote:

seriously give me a break. we know that and that is why britain has its own culture and history. please dont try and tell me that britain is some sort of american wannabe.

i will not budge on this issue - THERE ARE TOO MANY PEOPLE IN BRITAIN!

it doesnt matter about all the theoretical nonsense that you can throw at the subject - that is the bottom line. there is no room for anybody else. we are even running out of water it is so bad.

please spare me from any more utopian babble.
:lol: you're killing me here!! !! SEND BACK THE SAXONS!! !! AND THE NORMANS!! !! AND THE ROMANS!! !! AND THE VIKINGS!! !!