Page 3 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 6:40 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
androbot2084 wrote:
Liberalism always appeals to emotion in order to evoke a compassion for the poor.

As conservatism appeals to hatred and resentment of the poor by use of emotion.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

How about good old plain indifference? One does not have to hate the poor. One can simply pay no attention to them.

ruveyn

True you can not pay attention to the poor and not hate them but its silly to hate those who have nothing.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 6:42 pm

Joker wrote:

True you can not pay attention to the poor and not hate them but its silly to hate those who have nothing.

How about neither hating them or paying any attention to them. It is the government taxing us to support the poor that is responsible for some people disliking the poor. Actually it makes more sense to hate the government.

ruveyn

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 6:46 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Joker wrote:

How about neither hating them or paying any attention to them. It is the government taxing us to support the poor that is responsible for some people disliking the poor. Actually it makes more sense to hate the government.

ruveyn

Yes I have no love for the goverment at all but I love my country and the military as for the goverment hell no I dont care for them I have no love for them and dislike it as a whole.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 7:17 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
androbot2084 wrote:
Liberalism always appeals to emotion in order to evoke a compassion for the poor.

How about good old plain indifference? One does not have to hate the poor. One can simply pay no attention to them.

ruveyn

I'm talking about how Republicans want to make cuts to needed social programs, after playing up on resentment felt by people that the poor are getting a free ride.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 7:20 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
androbot2084 wrote:

ruveyn

I'm talking about how Republicans want to make cuts to needed social programs, after playing up on resentment felt by people that the poor are getting a free ride.

They do those things and its a fallacy on their part.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

24 Mar 2012, 7:57 pm

Joker wrote:
Oh my bad but it seems though that people are talking about the thread so I dont see any harm done :lol:
Yeah, but for future reference and for the avoidance of doubt - state clearly the point or opinion behind your intended debate.
It's only polite and should avoid other posters guessing at the wrong reason.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 8:00 pm

Cornflake wrote:
Joker wrote:
Oh my bad but it seems though that people are talking about the thread so I dont see any harm done :lol:
Yeah, but for future reference and for the avoidance of doubt - state clearly the point or opinion behind your intended debate.
It's only polite and should avoid other posters guessing at the wrong reason.

Thats a big ten four rubber ducky will do charlie tango mary harper mary harper.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

24 Mar 2012, 8:05 pm

Are you unwell?

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 8:13 pm

Cornflake wrote:
Are you unwell?

Im the Joker are you batman?

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 12:13 pm

I never understood the joker in Batman. He is so stingy that he won't even share the loot with the robbers.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 12:26 pm

androbot2084 wrote:
I never understood the joker in Batman. He is so stingy that he won't even share the loot with the robbers.

The Joker is a completly insane a master criminal and a highly intelligent psychopath with a warped, sadistic sense of humor.
He has been repeatedly analyzed by critics as the perfect adversary for Batman. Their long, dynamic relationship often parallels the concept of yin and yang. The Joker is a a violent sociopath who murders people for his own amusement he is a sociopath mixed with psychopathy and egotistical nihilism.

And my favorite Supervillian of all time :wink:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 4:17 pm

Joker wrote:
androbot2084 wrote:

The Joker is a completly insane a master criminal and a highly intelligent psychopath with a warped, sadistic sense of humor.
He has been repeatedly analyzed by critics as the perfect adversary for Batman. Their long, dynamic relationship often parallels the concept of yin and yang. The Joker is a a violent sociopath who murders people for his own amusement he is a sociopath mixed with psychopathy and egotistical nihilism.

I'm a Dr. Doom man myself.

noname_ever
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 4:20 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
androbot2084 wrote:

ruveyn

That is indifference and not hatred. I don't care if you starve, but that doesn't mean I hate you. It means I don't want to pay for you to eat. See the difference?

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 4:23 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Joker wrote:
androbot2084 wrote:

Dr. Doom is cool but I am a DC fan not that into Marvel comics.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 4:46 pm

Joker wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Joker wrote:
androbot2084 wrote:

Dr. Doom is cool but I am a DC fan not that into Marvel comics.

I was raised with Marvel! My wife is more of a DC chick, though.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 4:48 pm

noname_ever wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
androbot2084 wrote:

ruveyn

That is indifference and not hatred. I don't care if you starve, but that doesn't mean I hate you. It means I don't want to pay for you to eat. See the difference?

I disagree - I've heard the hateful things Republicans have said about how the poor sponge off the rest of the country, and so should be left to pull themselves up by their own bootstraps. What's even more disgusting is when Republicans try to use religion to justify their contempt for the poor.