Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2012, 11:21 pm

Pandora_Box wrote:
Joker wrote:
Pandora_Box wrote:
I sympathize with certain killers more than their victims. Such as "school shootings" I was the kid in the position of the gun a long time ago. Of course I never brought a gun to school, but my point is this that when you don't have anywhere to go. When no one listens to you, the students continue to isolate and tease you. The principal and the people in position of authority will not listen to you, you become very frustrated. You have no recourse and sometimes you take out that recourse in a sitaution where you do. I feel and completely understand why someone would bring a gun to school. I absolutely understand and sympathize a lot of the time with the school shooter when they discover that he was heavily bullied and isolated. That isn't good for anyone's psychi.

Most school shooters where bullied I was bullied in school but I used my hands as wepons and not guns but I understand where your coming from.

And I fought back with my intelligence. But I completely understand where someone may feel that they have nowhere else to go.

I tried that but they where to stupid to understand what I was trying to tell them big words scare the unintelligent :lol:

Pandora_Box
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 1:18 am

Joker wrote:
I tried that but they where to stupid to understand what I was trying to tell them big words scare the unintelligent :lol:

Well no the way I did it was very chilidish.

One kid said once to me, "you're white trash"

I replied, "As much as I appreciate your honesty about yourself, I do not need to know that much information about you"

It wasn't really big words, just twisting their logic around on them.

abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 11:59 am

Why would I possibly feel bad for the criminal? He made his choice, he deals with the consequences.

You will reap what you've sown.

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 5:07 pm

I feel more sorry for the victims, in many cases, they're just minding their own business when violence is forced upon them, in others, their sense of trust is manipulated against them.

In the case of serial killers, they had other options, most of them had the capacity to understand the harm they were causing.

I feel sorry for people who struggle with inappropriate impulses, I feel less sorry for people who give in to those impulses.

Saturn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Mar 2012, 5:36 pm

You're view is an interesting counterpoint and I see where you're coming from but I could only really sympathise with an active serial killer or any such murderer from a great distance e.g. like watching a movie. In real life, such crimes are surely utterly tragic and traumatic for the individual victims, families, friends and so on, and I do not want that sort of behaviour going on anywhere. I can sympathise with the plight of the killer and understand that there may have been great pains that have brought them to the point of their killings but once they have struck, they are a threat to the rest of us and must be stopped.

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2012, 11:59 am

I can't identify with a serial killer because i would never do such a thing on an individual level. However collectively our nation has been involved in wars that I am not too proud of.

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2012, 12:19 pm

When I first read you post, the first thing that came to mind was the Dunblane massacre. For anyone who doesn't know about this, in 1996, a gunman walked into a Scottish primary school and killed 16 children, aged between 6 and 10, their teacher and himself. I clearly remember going home from work that day and the faces of everyone I passed said it all. I cannot empathise with such a man. I can empathise completely with the parents of those children, who did nothing to bring that upon themselves. I've no idea what caused him to do this, but those children and the teacher were not to blame anyway. I could never conceive of doing anything remotely like it. Even when I was bullied and picked on constantly at school and uni, the idea of committing murder never even entered my mind.