Page 3 of 6 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2012, 9:25 pm

Here is my take for those that believe in Evouliton not allowing the fetus to evolve into a human being wouldn't that be murder since your keeping it from being fully developed into a baby inside the mother think about that way.

PS this is my mothers point of veiw on the matter.

Xelebes
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2012, 12:16 am

The woman came first. The baby came second. It's her choice what she does with her body. The fetus is not a person as it cannot make any independent decisions.

http://xelebes.wordpress.com/
My Blog

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2012, 12:20 am

Xelebes wrote:
The woman came first. The baby came second. It's her choice what she does with her body. The fetus is not a person as it cannot make any independent decisions.

Actually the Fetus come's first befor the person does how else do you think the person is made? Also if the fetus cannot make any independent decisions are the mentaly handicap not a person because they just like a fetus can not make any independent decisions :?:

Xelebes
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2012, 12:24 am

Joker wrote:
Xelebes wrote:

Actually the Fetus come's first befor the person does how else do you think the person is made? Also if the fetus cannot make any independent decisions are the mentaly handicap not a person because they just like a fetus can not make any independent decisions :?:

What? No, I'm pretty sure there has to be a woman there for there to be a fetus.

My Blog

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2012, 12:28 am

Xelebes wrote:
Joker wrote:
Xelebes wrote:

What? No, I'm pretty sure there has to be a woman there for there to be a fetus.

The Fetus is how the woman or man gets here on the planet we call earth it takes two to make a human being.

BTW I noticed you didn't give a answer to my question most pro choicers don't give a answer because when they do their hypocrits with when they give a answer to such a question :lol:

Xelebes
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2012, 12:55 am

Joker wrote:
Xelebes wrote:
Joker wrote:
Xelebes wrote:

The Fetus is how the woman or man gets here on the planet we call earth it takes two to make a human being.

BTW I noticed you didn't give a answer to my question most pro choicers don't give a answer because when they do their hypocrits with when they give a answer to such a question :lol:

Are you trying to play the chicken-and-egg meme here? What question did you ask?

If you are asking about the mentally-incapacitated (not merely the mentally disabled), they too are at the whims of the next of kin. They can have their plug pulled if the next of kin sees no hope for revival.

My Blog

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2012, 1:09 am

Xelebes wrote:
Joker wrote:
Xelebes wrote:
Joker wrote:
Xelebes wrote:

Are you trying to play the chicken-and-egg meme here? What question did you ask?

If you are asking about the mentally-incapacitated (not merely the mentally disabled), they too are at the whims of the next of kin. They can have their plug pulled if the next of kin sees no hope for revival.

Nein but Da sind Sie auf dem Holzweg, wenn..: if that's what you think then I feel sorry for you what if you had a child that was mentally disabled would you pull the plug or take care of him or her?

Xelebes
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2012, 1:23 am

Das war keinen Deutsch. Ich kann lesen Deutsch und das war nicht die Sprachen auf der Teuton.

Mentally disabled? Are you reading what I am writing or are you seeing the words you want to see? I specifically stated "mentally incapacitated." Go look for yourself.

My Blog

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2012, 1:27 am

Xelebes wrote:
Das war keinen Deutsch. Ich kann lesen Deutsch und das war nicht die Sprachen auf der Teuton.

Mentally disabled? Are you reading what I am writing or are you seeing the words you want to see? I specifically stated "mentally incapacitated." Go look for yourself.

Oh I was reading what you wrote but so your saying that you would't pull the plug on some one mentally disabled but you would on some one mentally incapacitated my question is why not both? And abortion is ok with you what about the death penalty?

Good german btw.

Xelebes
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2012, 1:28 am

Because the mentally disabled can still make decisions. The mentally incapacitated cannot.

My Blog

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2012, 1:30 am

Xelebes wrote:
Because a mentally disabled can still make decisions. Mentally incapacitated cannot.

So if it turns out that the mentally incapcitated was about to recover and would have but you still pulled the plug befor they could that would be murder then?

Btw it was German that I wrote and I believe you ment to say looked up in german not knocked up :wink:

Wunderbar for trying though :lol:

Xelebes
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2012, 1:43 am

It would depend on the circumstance. Though for most terminal incapacitations, it is a little more clearcut.

My Blog

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2012, 1:47 am

I can agree with that I'm simply playing the devils advocate it's my style of debating. As for my thought's on abortion as a man I have none if I was a woman I would have certin views about it but I believe in letting the women choose what to do with her body.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2012, 9:50 am

Invader wrote:
You might as well say that a baby should have no rights because it doesn't compare to an adult human.

Nice slippery slope. Err wait. No, it is quite a lame slippery slope.

Everyone but the Catholic church agree that sperm and ovums are not people. If sperm and ovums are not people, it becomes very hard to believe a fertilized egg is.

What I am claiming (and based perfectly on logic, as you could see) is that.
* At time 0 of birth, we can be perfectly sure the thing does not deserve personhood.
* At time = 9 months we can all agree it does (ie: you are completely misusing your baby example).
* It is lame and impractical to believe there is a fixed time in which something that isn't a person suddenly becomes a person. Thus the frontier is fuzzy and not boolean. This is important, because everybody and his mom loves to say things like "life begins at conception" and "personhood begins at birth". But things simply don't work like that.

* As such, the best option is to encourage women into aborting as earlier as possible. IE: The morning-after pill. But after 3 weeks it is still fine. Heck, albeit not optimal, 4 months is fine too. But the reality is that "pro-life" dudes, pushing for laws that delay abortions are actually being quite anti-life. Forcing fetuses to get closer and closer to "kid" before being killed. Now THAT's inhumane.

Note: Babies do have fewer rights than adults.

Quote:
Apparently the fact that it is in the process of turning into one shouldn't matter, and apparently it's fine to interfere with that process just because someone was stupid enough to conceive a child that they didn't want. :roll:

Sperm are in the process of turning into human beings.

Quote:
If no one is ever made to take responsibility for their own stupidity,

Case #1: Rape.
Case #2: When a woman falls into an unwanted pregnancy, there are multiple ways to take responsibility. One of them is an abortion. Which is not a very comfortable procedure. So if your wish is for women that get pregnant to be punished. Abortion is enough.

AceOfSpades wrote:
thedaywalker wrote:
am i the only one who thinks trying to calculate personhood is kinda stupid?
You're in good company. You can't systemize and quantify something that is so subjective.

[Good company] is mutually exclusive with "can't grasp concepts". Fuzzy logic does not quantify solidly. It keeps matters subjective. (Duh!).

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2012, 10:03 am

Vexcalibur wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:
thedaywalker wrote:
am i the only one who thinks trying to calculate personhood is kinda stupid?
You're in good company. You can't systemize and quantify something that is so subjective.

[Good company] is mutually exclusive with "can't grasp concepts". Fuzzy logic does not quantify solidly. It keeps matters subjective. (Duh!).
Alright then, I stand corrected. All I saw was a bunch of numbers and brackets.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2012, 6:02 pm

Joker wrote:
Here is my take for those that believe in Evouliton not allowing the fetus to evolve into a human being wouldn't that be murder since your keeping it from being fully developed into a baby inside the mother think about that way.

PS this is my mothers point of veiw on the matter.

AAARRRRRGHGGHHHGHH!
Stop pretending you know anything about biology, pro-lifers!
Individuals DO NOT evolve. Populations evolve.
Jesus effing christ. This whole thread is full of fail.