Page 3 of 7 [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 12:13 pm

ValentineWiggin wrote:
Joker wrote:
their are just as many atheists willing to kill religious people as their are religious people killing in the name of religion

:lmao: Tell us another one!

Does Pol Pot Mao Zadong Joseph Stalin ring a ball

NewlyHuman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Apr 2012, 12:19 pm

Joker wrote:
ValentineWiggin wrote:
Joker wrote:
their are just as many atheists willing to kill religious people as their are religious people killing in the name of religion

They killed for their political motivations and ideologies, not religious ones or lack thereof. The churches were merely rivals for the sole devotion and attention of the people, something totalitarian governments have a hard time with.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 12:25 pm

Killing for a NON-belief is inherently non-sensical.

Non-beliefs have no ideologies any more than not playing the violin requires practice.

to his Interest."

Last edited by ValentineWiggin on 01 Apr 2012, 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 12:25 pm

NewlyHuman wrote:
Joker wrote:
ValentineWiggin wrote:
Joker wrote:

They killed for their political motivations and ideologies, not religious ones or lack thereof. The churches were merely rivals for the sole devotion and attention of the people, something totalitarian governments have a hard time with.

Doesn't change the fact that athesim played a part in their ideologies and political since as well they turned the whole country into atheists and kill those still willing to have faith.

webcam
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Apr 2012, 12:26 pm

Ok, Stalin IIRC killed intentionally... Mao just made epic mistakes. I wonder if China will ever stomp out religion again?

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 12:27 pm

webcam wrote:
Ok, Stalin IIRC killed intentionally... Mao just made epic mistakes. I wonder if China will ever stomp out religion again?

Religion is against the law in China.

NewlyHuman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Apr 2012, 12:31 pm

Joker wrote:
webcam wrote:

Um, no, no it isn't. It has freedom of religion.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 12:35 pm

NewlyHuman wrote:
Joker wrote:
webcam wrote:

Um, no, no it isn't. It has freedom of religion.

Um no christians are killed for their faith in China having a bible will get you sent to jail.

NewlyHuman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Apr 2012, 12:46 pm

There are certain new religions it had banned as dangerous and subversive, and frowns on missionaries, but it actively supports Buddhism and Taoism, and openly recognizes also Islam, Catholicism, and Protestantism.

From it's constitution (1978): "No state organ, public organization or individual may compel citizens to believe in, or not to believe in, any religion; nor may they discriminate against citizens because they do, or do not believe in religion. The state protects normal religious activities"

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 12:51 pm

Oh that's good new information I never knew China has changed so much I'm not trying to attack anyone but when people see atheists murdering for political power their viewed as power hungry sure they never kill for their belief in athesim but they do and have oppressed people of their freedom in the past both sides are guilty of this atheists and religious people in America are always at war with each other it just makes me sad I don't like hating anyone just wish we could debate religion with out putting the other down for what they believe.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 1:42 pm

Joker wrote:
Oh that's good new information I never knew China has changed so much I'm not trying to attack anyone but when people see atheists murdering for political power their viewed as power hungry sure they never kill for their belief in athesim but they do and have oppressed people of their freedom in the past both sides are guilty of this atheists and religious people in America are always at war with each other it just makes me sad I don't like hating anyone just wish we could debate religion with out putting the other down for what they believe.

To be sure, western China is populated by the Uyger population, which is very devoted to Islam. The Chinese government is very fearful of them, particularly in regard to Islamic extremism. And yet, because of their numbers, they also fear cracking down on their Muslim citizens.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 1:45 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Joker wrote:

To be sure, western China is populated by the Uyger population, which is very devoted to Islam. The Chinese government is very fearful of them, particularly in regard to Islamic extremism. And yet, because of their numbers, they also fear cracking down on their Muslim citizens.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Yes Islam has a history in China when Muslims stop being extreme and become secular like the jews then we can have peace in the middle east.

TM
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 1:59 pm

Joker wrote:
ValentineWiggin wrote:
Joker wrote:

Stalin actually went to seminary school in Georgia and was all to happy to collude with the Orthodox Church and it with him.

In the case of Pol Pot and Mao their murders were not motivated by Atheism but by an "the ends justify the means" way of thinking combined with communism.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 2:02 pm

TM wrote:
Joker wrote:
ValentineWiggin wrote:
Joker wrote:

Stalin actually went to seminary school in Georgia and was all to happy to collude with the Orthodox Church and it with him.

In the case of Pol Pot and Mao their murders were not motivated by Atheism but by an "the ends justify the means" way of thinking combined with communism.

But both of them created a atheist based society and making the religious suffer under their rule.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 2:04 pm

Joker wrote:
TM wrote:
Joker wrote:
ValentineWiggin wrote:
Joker wrote:

But both of them created a atheist based society and making the religious suffer under their rule.

Can you understand that outlawing public religious practice,
and crushing powerful factions which oppose you
is the creation of a despotic, TYRANNICAL society?

Not an ATHEIST-based one???

to his Interest."

TM
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 2:04 pm

Joker wrote:
TM wrote:
Joker wrote:
ValentineWiggin wrote:
Joker wrote:

Not an Atheist based a collectivist based. Just because a society is Atheist in nature does not mean that it is based on Atheism. That's where religious people have a blank spot in their head.