Page 3 of 7 [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 11:28 am

It seems both sides that being religious and non religious will never get along when I have nothing against those who are athestis say nothing about them being it either yet they attack me on WP almost all the time when people talk about religion.

webcam
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Apr 2012, 11:32 am

Letsrave wrote:
When I was a child I thought of all supernatural things as stuff we all pretended was true, for fun or to feel good. I didnt ever really think about religion in particular until my early teens. After encountering fundamentalists I realized just how serious they were about believing in god, and began to wonder why someone would embrace an irrational belief rather than admitting ignorance. This became an obsession quickly as it was the first time I had really pondered the irrelevancy of my existence. All the time I would try to believe, my mind would race as I tried to think up a rational justification for belief in god. I just wanted to be able to believe and not have to fear death. Unfortunately the only arguments I could make for the existence of god, was relabeling our ignorance with the word "god"

How serious they wanted you to believe they believed in God... though I image that as into it as they get, alot of them have eaten their own poison and now actually believe their god is a god.

People pretend to be religious, you got that right. Now you just have figure out why.... so what do you think the reason is? It's genius, don't think of it as anything less, it is a pure strategy where everyone in society can be known and read like books for those who understand the system if creates. The system is alot like santa claus... it knows if you are sleeping, it knows if you are awake, it knows if you've been bad or good, and it strips from people their privacy. Never can they express and not be known. Music and movies, though I'm still getting alot of it wrong have definite meaning and artists speak a different language all in common with a given culture.

If you're not in the know about religion, give it up, you're being used.

webcam
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Apr 2012, 11:34 am

ValentineWiggin wrote:
So I'm supposed to magically start "wanting" something in my life for which no evidence exists?
How's that mental process work?

Interesting how this god only "reveals" herself to those who already believe.
Telling.

Nope, 'fraid "spiritual experience" isn't actually real. Absolutely nothing empirical evidences it

There's a great deal of evidence for things associated with spiritual experiences,
even the positive benefits of those things,
like meditation,
but then meditation can be done without all the "god" gookery.

Ooooh! Read my last post!

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 11:35 am

I find it strange that people who don't believe in God talk about him so much :?:

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 11:38 am

Joker wrote:
I find it strange that people who don't believe in God talk about him so much :?:

OOoh got me!

I must secretly buh-lieb!

The whole of the world is ruled by the fantasies of people who do.
It's kind of relevant to our lives, dontcha think?

to his Interest."

webcam
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Apr 2012, 11:42 am

Grebels wrote:
I have already agreed that there is no proof for God's existence. I am sure we both know how many years the best minds have been arguing that point to no conclusion.

And she is likely proud that there is no proof. It means religion is doing it's job.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 11:42 am

ValentineWiggin wrote:
Joker wrote:

OOoh got me!

I must secretly buh-lieb!

The whole of the world is ruled by the fantasies of people who do.
It's kind of relevant to our lives, dontcha think?

Not really if people have a certin faith and they follow it why would it concern people so much their are just as many atheists willing to kill religious people as their are religious people killing in the name of religion I try to have a civil debate about it but I always get attacked.

Religion is a personal part of my life I don't use it as a crutch either but it seems to me that all non believers think that all religious people are evil and bad dontcha think?

webcam
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Apr 2012, 11:47 am

Joker wrote:

Yeah, I can't sit idly by while people are exposed to an existential nightmare living lives like they will live again forever when they will in fact just rot in the ground or go up in smoke. To be religious and not understand the religion you are practicing or to practice it in ignorance of what it really is too sad to allow. I must set the captives free, cuz Jesus is putting people through hell :wink:

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 11:48 am

Joker wrote:
their are just as many atheists willing to kill religious people as their are religious people killing in the name of religion

:lmao: Tell us another one!

to his Interest."

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 11:49 am

I know my faith it's history everything about it.

Alexender
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 11:51 am

Joker wrote:

Absolute statement alert!!

webcam
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Apr 2012, 11:55 am

ValentineWiggin wrote:
Joker wrote:
their are just as many atheists willing to kill religious people as their are religious people killing in the name of religion

The atheists that are willing to kill the religious are almost always the ones who are forced and continually deceived into fairy tail beliefs who suddenly realize that they've been lied to on an epic scale. They don't live very long as atheists as a result of killing themselves next or in the process of killing others. So yeah, there are truely few atheists alive that do this, and those that do are usually a religious community's fault. Religion should be outlawed in such any community experiencing this IMO.

webcam
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Apr 2012, 11:58 am

Alexender wrote:
Joker wrote:

Absolute statement alert!!

We'd better run before he shoots someone or his religious community fairy tales someone else into doing it!

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 12:13 pm

ValentineWiggin wrote:
Joker wrote:

Does Pol Pot Mao Zadong Joseph Stalin ring a ball

NewlyHuman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Apr 2012, 12:19 pm

Joker wrote:
ValentineWiggin wrote:
Joker wrote:

Does Pol Pot Mao Zadong Joseph Stalin ring a ball

They killed for their political motivations and ideologies, not religious ones or lack thereof. The churches were merely rivals for the sole devotion and attention of the people, something totalitarian governments have a hard time with.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 12:25 pm

Killing for a NON-belief is inherently non-sensical.

Non-beliefs have no ideologies any more than not playing the violin requires practice.

to his Interest."

Last edited by ValentineWiggin on 01 Apr 2012, 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.