Page 1 of 12 [ 190 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 8:50 pm

I support two Foreign poltical parties they are.

National Democratic Party of Germany.

And the Irish politcal party People Before Profit Alliance In the Republic of Ireland.

Do you support any Foreign Poltical Parties?

AstroGeek
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 9:40 pm

What do you mean by support? If all you mean is that you sympathize with them, then there are several. I really like the economic positions of the British Green Party, although I'm not quite as liberal as them socially. Also, I will admit that there is a chance of things going badly wrong if their policies were implemented. I like all of the parties in the Nordic Green Left Alliance, especially Iceland's Green Left Movement, as they've done a good job at dealing with the collapse of Iceland's banks and in avoiding a debt crisis. Generally I like any left-leaning, ecologically minded party. Provided, of course, that they pay full respect to democracy and human rights (I'm looking at you, Hugo Chavez.)

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 9:47 pm

AstroGeek wrote:
What do you mean by support? If all you mean is that you sympathize with them, then there are several. I really like the economic positions of the British Green Party, although I'm not quite as liberal as them socially. Also, I will admit that there is a chance of things going badly wrong if their policies were implemented. I like all of the parties in the Nordic Green Left Alliance, especially Iceland's Green Left Movement, as they've done a good job at dealing with the collapse of Iceland's banks and in avoiding a debt crisis. Generally I like any left-leaning, ecologically minded party. Provided, of course, that they pay full respect to democracy and human rights (I'm looking at you, Hugo Chavez.)

Oh I am sorry about that I mean which one do you sympathize with the most.

Hugo Chavez is amazin I like him his life and work is interesting to me.

AstroGeek
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 11:04 pm

Joker wrote:

I like the ideas behind his fiscal policy. However, I have heard legitimate questions of how effective they've been. He also tends to play rather fast and loose with the democratic process and freedom of the press. And he's altogether too friendly with dictators such as the Castros, Gaddafi, and the Iranian government.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 11:06 pm

It depends on how they influence my own country I suppose. I am not loyal to a particular party myself, though I have my preferences

07 Apr 2012, 11:07 pm

The Communist Party of Russia.

fraac
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 11:21 pm

I channel money to FARC through a series of front companies.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 11:24 pm

fraac wrote:
I channel money to FARC through a series of front companies.

So you ragin' on the 'caine? :P

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 11:51 pm

AstroGeek wrote:
Joker wrote:

I like the ideas behind his fiscal policy. However, I have heard legitimate questions of how effective they've been. He also tends to play rather fast and loose with the democratic process and freedom of the press. And he's altogether too friendly with dictators such as the Castros, Gaddafi, and the Iranian government.

Well he can be friendly with Castro but Gaddafi I don't care for at all. He has a lot of good social views that I respect.

Chipshorter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Location: The Georgian Quarter of The Pool of Life, The Centre of The Creative Universe

08 Apr 2012, 12:02 am

When it comes to the political parties of both Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland, am apolitical and neutral to both the Unionist/loyalist and Nationalist/republican camps as I have family in both parts of Ireland on both sides of there political ideals.
Am diplomatic when it comes to that has I have had Irish ancestors on both sides killed in the Troubles and the Uprisings, unlike Canadian members of my family I what to keep the peace in both parts of Ireland & keep the Good Friday Agreement in one piece.

For the land of my Fathers literary the land of my father and his ancestors: Wales, the first colony of the Anglo-Saxon Empire and the last colony of the Commonwealth, I support Plaid Cymru with all my heart and soul! Welsh nationalism has its roots in my part of the world the North West of England, Merseyside and Liverpool due the influence of Welsh immigration. Wales has historical been the annex of England far too long, talk of English culture on St. David's day (that's on the first of March if you don't know, FYI it comes before Canada Day) is a act of Anglo-Saxon imperialist oppression. CYMRU AN BYTH!!

Scotland am for the SNP, the Basque Country the Basque National Party, Brittany the Breton Democratic Union, the Isle of Man Mec Vannin and for Cornwall Mebyon Kernow.

Finally Canada, Bloc Québécois I support the idea of Quebec sovereignty this is due anglophone Canadians in my family using the francophone insult of "Speak White" at speakers of the Welsh language. Also the Atlantica Party, Atlantic Canada should have its own independence and stay in the Commonwealth due there actions in the Battle of the Atlantic. The rest of Canada can be annexed off to the US!

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 12:05 am

Chipshorter wrote:
Finally Canada, Bloc Québécois I support the idea of Quebec sovereignty this is due anglophone Canadians in my family using the francophone insult of "Speak White" at speakers of the Welsh language.

You don't know anything about the Bloc. It is a xenophobic and hate mongering party of corrupt bureaucratic dilettantes. They have no intention of actually separating, they are opportunistic cynics. Quebec Anglophones face many of the same problems Welsh speakers face in Wales. I am one so I am speaking from experience. A lot of French people really, really hate us simply for our language. Seriously, f**k the Bloc

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 12:08 am

Chipshorter wrote:
When it comes to the political parties of both Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland, am apolitical and neutral to both the Unionist/loyalist and Nationalist/republican camps as I have family in both parts of Ireland on both sides of there political ideals.
Am diplomatic when it comes to that has I have had Irish ancestors on both sides killed in the Troubles and the Uprisings, unlike Canadian members of my family I what to keep the peace in both parts of Ireland & keep the Good Friday Agreement in one piece.

For the land of my Fathers literary the land of my father and his ancestors: Wales, the first colony of the Anglo-Saxon Empire and the last colony of the Commonwealth, I support Plaid Cymru with all my heart and soul! Welsh nationalism has its roots in my part of the world the North West of England, Merseyside and Liverpool due the influence of Welsh immigration. Wales has historical been the annex of England far too long, talk of English culture on St. David's day (that's on the first of March if you don't know, FYI it comes before Canada Day) is a act of Anglo-Saxon imperialist oppression. CYMRU AN BYTH!!

Scotland am for the SNP, the Basque Country the Basque National Party, Brittany the Breton Democratic Union, the Isle of Man Mec Vannin and for Cornwall Mebyon Kernow.

Finally Canada, Bloc Québécois I support the idea of Quebec sovereignty this is due anglophone Canadians in my family using the francophone insult of "Speak White" at speakers of the Welsh language. Also the Atlantica Party, Atlantic Canada should have its own independence and stay in the Commonwealth due there actions in the Battle of the Atlantic. The rest of Canada can be annexed off to the US!

Hmm it is nice to know you to have ancestores from Ireland so do I but I am more of a anti unionist/loyalist and more of a supporter of the Nationalist/republican camps.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 12:11 am

Joker wrote:
Chipshorter wrote:

Hmm it is nice to know you to have ancestores from Ireland so do I but I am more of a anti unionist/loyalist and more of a supporter of the Nationalist/republican camps.

I kind of liked the idea of Ulster independence as a Westminster-style dominion a la Canada or Australia. Unfortunately that idea got pulled down by a lot of the watershed clusterf*ck that is the Troubles

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 12:13 am

Vigilans wrote:
Joker wrote:
Chipshorter wrote:

I kind of liked the idea of Ulster independence as a Westminster-style dominion a la Canada or Australia. Unfortunately that idea got pulled down by a lot of the watershed clusterf*ck that is the Troubles

Indeed their just isn't a such thing as a perfect solution politcally in any country.

AstroGeek
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 12:22 am

Vigilans wrote:
Chipshorter wrote:
Finally Canada, Bloc Québécois I support the idea of Quebec sovereignty this is due anglophone Canadians in my family using the francophone insult of "Speak White" at speakers of the Welsh language.

You don't know anything about the Bloc. It is a xenophobic and hate mongering party of corrupt bureaucratic dilettantes. They have no intention of actually separating, they are opportunistic cynics. Quebec Anglophones face many of the same problems Welsh speakers face in Wales. I am one so I am speaking from experience. A lot of French people really, really hate us simply for our language. Seriously, f**k the Bloc

Yeah, the Bloc are universally hated by Anglaphones and non-Quebecers. The only person outside of Quebec that I've ever heard say a good word about them was Margaret Atwood, and that's just because of their support of the arts. Mind you, with Harper in charge I can hardly blame Quebec for wanting to separate.

Also, and Atlantic Union would never work. We don't have enough economic activity to survive on our own. In order to maintain our standards for things like health care we rely on transfer payments from the richer provinces. And no one deserves to be annexed by the USA.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 12:33 am

AstroGeek wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Chipshorter wrote:

Yeah, the Bloc are universally hated by Anglaphones and non-Quebecers. The only person outside of Quebec that I've ever heard say a good word about them was Margaret Atwood, and that's just because of their support of the arts. Mind you, with Harper in charge I can hardly blame Quebec for wanting to separate.

Also, and Atlantic Union would never work. We don't have enough economic activity to survive on our own. In order to maintain our standards for things like health care we rely on transfer payments from the richer provinces. And no one deserves to be annexed by the USA.

I know, Shipchorter just doesn't like Canada because some Canadians pissed off his family once. I mean, even his "speak white" comment makes absolutely no sense