Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2012, 8:18 pm

This link is worth reading but must worn you it is very long. http://faculty.vassar.edu/tilongma/Church&Genocide.html

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2012, 8:57 pm

Joker wrote:
This link is worth reading but must worn you it is very long. http://faculty.vassar.edu/tilongma/Church&Genocide.html

The African continent, the home of the human race is the place that most closely resembles Hell.

ruveyn

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2012, 8:59 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Joker wrote:

The African continent, the home of the human race is the place that most closely resembles Hell.

ruveyn

Yes in Africa they have a very hellish country to live in a lot of morally evil people in politcal power do a lot of evil things and the religious are just as gulity of doing such acts.

Czeslaw_Kowalski
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 May 2012, 12:33 am

Joker wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Joker wrote:

ruveyn

Yes in Africa they have a very hellish country to live in a lot of morally evil people in politcal power do a lot of evil things and the religious are just as gulity of doing such acts.

Do you like the Kagame government?

Unspecified
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 May 2012, 10:16 am

For the best report on the genocide in Rwanda, I recommend "Shaking hands with the devil" by Romeo Dallaire, who was the commanding Lieutenant-General for the UN forces leadi g up to and during the slaughter.

One of the most important books ever written, in my opinion. About anything.

Blame and credit is given to those who deserve it, and churches, like everybody involved, get their share of both.

Rwanda is not one of the tragedies where I would blame religion as much as imperialism and bigotry.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2012, 10:18 am

Unspecified wrote:
For the best report on the genocide in Rwanda, I recommend "Shaking hands with the devil" by Romeo Dallaire, who was the commanding Lieutenant-General for the UN forces leadi g up to and during the slaughter.

One of the most important books ever written, in my opinion. About anything.

Blame and credit is given to those who deserve it, and churches, like everybody involved, get their share of both.

Rwanda is not one of the tragedies where I would blame religion as much as imperialism and bigotry.

Imperialism? That ended after the second world war. Europe was forced out of the Imperial business. France was last to go when they had their surrender monkey arses handed to them in Viet Nam.

ruveyn

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2012, 12:11 pm

Czeslaw_Kowalski wrote:
Joker wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Joker wrote:

ruveyn

Do you like the Kagame government?

To like or not like something I must no about it disliking something with out knowing about it is a fallacy so I have no views about it really.

Unspecified
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 May 2012, 12:22 pm

The classification and division of the people of Rwanda in the two tribes that clashed in the 90s was a European invention.

Imperialism created the Hutu/Tutsi situation.

Don't take my word for it. Read a book.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2012, 12:31 pm

Unspecified wrote:
The classification and division of the people of Rwanda in the two tribes that clashed in the 90s was a European invention.

Imperialism created the Hutu/Tutsi situation.

Don't take my word for it. Read a book.

I have read books about it Imperialism is something I am strongly against.

Unspecified
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 May 2012, 12:44 pm

My comment about reading books was to Ruveyn, mostly.

Another very good book about Africa is Martin Meredith's The State of Africa.
It tells the tale of almost every country in Africa, one by one, from their emancipation onwards. Mostly a manual on what not to do. Fuckup after fuckup.
In my opinion the effect of European and American policies were downplayed a bit too much, but in many cases the historical backgrounds were well covered.

It is a very sad read, but having traveled quite a bit in Africa the last decade or so I am hopeful.
Not all, but many countries are on positive tracks. (If I never have to go back to Nigeria it will be too soon, but I long back to many many places.

Africa takes hold of you. Or me, anyway. :)

Looks like I will be going to Namibia soon. Yay!

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2012, 12:46 pm

Unspecified wrote:
My comment about reading books was to Ruveyn, mostly.

Another very good book about Africa is Martin Meredith's The State of Africa.
It tells the tale of almost every country in Africa, one by one, from their emancipation onwards. Mostly a manual on what not to do. f**** after f****.
In my opinion the effect of European and American policies were downplayed a bit too much, but in many cases the historical backgrounds were well covered.

It is a very sad read, but having traveled quite a bit in Africa the last decade or so I am hopeful.
Not all, but many countries are on positive tracks. (If I never have to go back to Nigeria it will be too soon, but I long back to many many places.

Africa takes hold of you. Or me, anyway. :)

Looks like I will be going to Namibia soon. Yay!

I just feel so bad for the people of Africa they have to deal with Europe and such infulencing their way of life.