Page 1 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jonathanuk
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 May 2009, 12:53 pm

So 3 weeks ago I got a letter from the "early intervention" declaring that i was non psychotic which was actually a relief. I have ben in alot of trouble for expressing hatred to groups of society most Islam, however i have a reputation of being xenophobic, chauvinistic, classist and so on. Basicaly I have expressed hatred(mainly towards my family)for every social group and nationality on earth and i wouldn't say i am patriotic. My criminal record is absolutely spotless and so my family just think i'm attention seeking which I would love to agree too but the scary truth is i have a hatred for people. When I walk down a street I get dark thoughts, although I do have friends these thoughts have been consistent for years now and I fear they will not go away despite effort to look at the positives and generally I hate my personality and thoughts. Does anyone else have an intensive hatred?

seedub
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 May 2009, 1:02 pm

Basically what I'm saying that if you're only 18 you'll probably grow out of it without noticing and relativley soon probably.

(lets hope so haha)

For me there is no day and night. Just one continuous passage of time.

PatientZero
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 May 2009, 2:11 pm

Jonathanuk wrote:
So 3 weeks ago I got a letter from the "early intervention" declaring that i was non psychotic which was actually a relief. I have ben in alot of trouble for expressing hatred to groups of society most Islam, however i have a reputation of being xenophobic, chauvinistic, classist and so on. Basicaly I have expressed hatred(mainly towards my family)for every social group and nationality on earth and i wouldn't say i am patriotic. My criminal record is absolutely spotless and so my family just think i'm attention seeking which I would love to agree too but the scary truth is i have a hatred for people. When I walk down a street I get dark thoughts, although I do have friends these thoughts have been consistent for years now and I fear they will not go away despite effort to look at the positives and generally I hate my personality and thoughts. Does anyone else have an intensive hatred?

I hate most people, I find it hard to trust people 'cos I always think they will have some other agenda, and a lot of the time they do.
I sometimes get dark thoughts too, I hate most things the human race does, even the little aspects that I think have a big impact anyway, but they are in me too and I wish I could become something else other than human, just because I don't like them.

mark2410
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 May 2009, 2:34 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw-eYFXF-wg[/youtube]

love the song

more seriously its not that you hate is wager its frustration that has no where else to go and no outlet so it festers to hatred

Michjo
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2009, 2:52 pm

Maybe you have schizoid personality disorder?

normally_impaired
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 May 2009, 4:58 pm

I don't hate people for who they are, I base it on what they do and say. Like say you're black, asian, hispanic, etc. I could care less about skin color. I hate the hypocratic right-wing Christians, the ones who claim to worship the "prince of peace", yet show unbelievable amounts of hatred towards anyone who doesn't worship their god in the one particular way that they see fit.

I hate the members of Autism Speaks and Cure Autism now, since I don't agree with their idea that I and everyone like me would be better off never being born, that kinda pisses me off.

There's a lot of people that I hate, but for justifiable reasons, white supremacists for example, or people who claim that it's unpatriotic to use your constitutional rights to their fullest extents.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2009, 5:08 pm

I hate stupid people. They can be identified by their ability to say stupid things or do stupid actions.

Brusilov
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 May 2009, 5:25 pm

I have read that people with AS usually have political/cultural values that are either extremely reactionary or extremely progressive, or a combination of both. The Xenophobic, Classist, Chauvinsitc views that you say you have would have been socially acceptable prior to 1945 but today, one is required to favor muliticulturalism and be sensitive in order to be accepted into the social mainstream. I don't really think that you hate people, but you just have a value system that is obsolete and no longer accepted. For one, I don't think that it is wrong at all to be fearful of or hate Islam, or to want to defend your home culture against outside influences. But these ultra-reactionary, ultra-conservative thoughts will lead to an all-consuming hatred of everything.

I myself hold several reactionary viewpoints on hot-button social issues, but in other areas, I identify as a progressive. I really don't hold any common viewpoints with my peer-group, such as a love of Barry the Clown, but I tend to have a far-sighted vision of the future combined with some archaic values that I hold. I am opposed to such things as the flooding of our country with immigrants and Islam, because quite frankly, the American people were never given a choice as to wether or not they actually wanted to have their county turned into a multicultural melting-pot(though one would argue that it has always been so.) The cascade of events starting in 1955 that lead up to our present situation were decided by an arbitrary Supreme Court, the decisions of which the public had no control and had to accept wether they liked it or not. Most of the hot-button social issues that wind up getting decided by a court precedent such as Affirmative Action or Roe Vs. Wade don't get put up for a national referendum; they just merely get imposed on us. No one in America had a chance to vote specifically for Mexicans to immigrate or Muslims to emigrate here, these things were thrust upon us by myopic courts and administrations. The majority population of America has every right, if they so wish, to segregate themselves and maintain cultural integrity.

And typically, youths "rebel" by becoming more liberal than their parents, not more conservative.

06 May 2009, 6:45 pm

I hate stupid people and jerks, bullies, dumb asses, ignorants. I'm not very nice to them. :)

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

06 May 2009, 7:00 pm

Jonathanuk wrote:
When I walk down a street I get dark thoughts, although I do have friends these thoughts have been consistent for years now and I fear they will not go away despite effort to look at the positives and generally I hate my personality and thoughts. Does anyone else have an intensive hatred?

I don't have an intense hatred for people but I can relate to having the dark thoughts when walking down the street. I don't want to think them, I hate having these thoughts but whenever I walk past someone they just pop up in my head & it seems that everyone can tell I'm thinking it at the time, which is aweful.

ignisfatuus
Toucan
Toucan

06 May 2009, 7:32 pm

seedub wrote:
Basically what I'm saying that if you're only 18 you'll probably grow out of it without noticing and relativley soon probably.

(lets hope so haha)

You grow back into it after awhile when you're shot down and trampled into the mud enough by a society completely opposite to, and uncaring of, AS characteristics.

iMark
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 May 2009, 7:52 pm

i think that you can really hate only those whom you personally know. so there are only two people in this world that i really hate: my ex-wife and the man she left me for.

AlMightyAl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 May 2009, 8:25 pm

I hate everyone I don't know.
Odd, I know. but true. Well, mainly teenagers. I hate ALL teenagers I don't know.

jdn74
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 May 2009, 12:59 am

I can totally relate to this. I had a deep hatred for people for a long time. I thought most people were shallow, and perhaps many are, but it didn't excuse me for harboring these feelings. I had to take a really good look at myself. Some of the things I abhorred in others were things that I did myself in one way or another - thereby making me a hypocrite. You take a big risk in judging the behavior of others while being full of holes yourself.

Being aspies, we are already predisposed to thinking only of ourselves - so our perception is already skewed. Everything must be weighed carefully if we are to come to any proper conclusion, including our own viewpoints.

As time has passed, I've been able to look back on my life and see the many mistakes I've made. When compared to the majority of people on a general scale, I'm really no different. So for me, understanding is the key. People do things, act and react a certain way, for a reason. Its up to me to determine why sometimes and try to be a bit more gentle than I used to be. Its easy to be a run of the mill, arrogant, jerk like many others are. Its much harder to be exceptional, but much more rewarding. I have to continuously choose to leave mediocrity behind. Sometimes I loose sight of it while life goes on around me. But once I become aware of it, I choose to redirect myself and steer back on to the path of excellence. Otherwise, what determines the difference between me and others around me aside from AS? Well, that label isn't good enough for me!

You can't change other people, but you can change you and how you react. You CAN change your mind. With practice it gets easier, but its a never ending endeavor. Its a price worth paying.

Just my two cents! :wink:

AmberEyes
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2009, 4:57 am

Quote:
An early diagnosis can help to put appropriate support into place for both the individual and their families.

Not in my case.

It was completely inappropriate.

Any so called "treatment" just made me feel patronised and even angrier.
It drove a wedge between myself and those who cared about me.

I'm angry and depressed at other people for having labeled me with a "disorder" and not seeing me as an individual.

I'm not "diseased", it's just that people who are naturally less socially inclined and are different get treated as if they are "diseased" when they don't meet other people's hyper-social expectations.

Some of my family are like this and I don't think they're "diseased". It's just how they are.

I'm angry that capable people are being sidelined and not understood in this way.

I am frightened to be labeled or seek help now, inspite of my social difficulties because of the way I was treated. I was treated like a walking label, not a human being capable of independent thought. I'm angry at how my early intervention stunted my social development, made me frightened, alienated me from the other kids and didn't teach me anything remotely useful.

People should be understood on their own terms, not by some "perfect social model" that everyone should aspire to. People are different. People not appreciating this difference or giving other people a chance to prove themselves makes me angry. Prejudice makes me angry.

Misinformation makes me feel angry and depressed.
Other people pathologising my personality makes me feel angry.
People patronising me and calling me "diseased" or "disordered" makes me feel depressed and broken.

scorpileo
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2009, 5:53 am

I hate most people, the who blindly follows this sociality with a thought., and as to dark thought... when ever some one does somthing stupid.. I get vivid images of crushing their skull and the like.