Page 3 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Subotai
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2012, 9:01 pm

Joker wrote:
The base of faith is believeing with out seeing the base of no faith is believeing only what you can see or have proof of.

So why not have faith in Brahma? Or faith in Yog-Sothoth?
According to some Gnostics Yaweh was most likely the Demiurge, and putting faith in the Demiurge was the path to spiritual enslavement.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2012, 1:05 pm

Subotai wrote:
Joker wrote:
The base of faith is believeing with out seeing the base of no faith is believeing only what you can see or have proof of.

According to some Gnostics Yaweh was most likely the Demiurge, and putting faith in the Demiurge was the path to spiritual enslavement.

Because my religoin is a Abrahamic I believe in God and Jesus of Nazareth.

abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2012, 1:07 pm

Joker wrote:
Subotai wrote:
Joker wrote:

Why? That's not an explanation.

You will reap what you've sown.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2012, 1:26 pm

abacacus wrote:
Joker wrote:
Subotai wrote:
Joker wrote:

It is so a explanation :wink:

abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2012, 4:04 pm

Joker wrote:
abacacus wrote:
Joker wrote:
Subotai wrote:
Joker wrote:

It is so a explanation :wink:

You will reap what you've sown.

Aelfwine
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 May 2012, 3:41 am

I think that it is for Aspies more difficult to belief or to be member of a religion than NTs.
I had the "problem" that I can't believe something without any reason.
I have not decided yet if I believe on god or not.
I think that the universe is big, so that there is maybe place for the things you can not understand.
The first basis of faith is to don't know something.
The second basis is to belief that you know it.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2012, 11:59 am

Joker wrote:

I am more Abrahamic than you (I am Jewish) and I not only deny Jesus of Naz. but I consider any claim to his divinity as a blasphemy. Jesus, if he existed at all, is no more a Son of God than I am.

ruveyn

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2012, 12:00 pm

Aelfwine wrote:
I think that it is for Aspies more difficult to belief or to be member of a religion than NTs.
I had the "problem" that I can't believe something without any reason.
I have not decided yet if I believe on god or not.
I think that the universe is big, so that there is maybe place for the things you can not understand.
The first basis of faith is to don't know something.
The second basis is to belief that you know it.

It is while I do have a religion I still use logic in my daily life how ever my logical veiws and religious views never conflict with each other.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2012, 12:13 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Joker wrote:

I am more Abrahamic than you (I am Jewish) and I not only deny Jesus of Naz. but I consider any claim to his divinity as a blasphemy. Jesus, if he existed at all, is no more a Son of God than I am.

ruveyn

How so when Symbols Abrahamic religions or Abrahamitic religions are the monotheistic faiths emphasizing and tracing their common origin to Abraham or recognizing a spiritual tradition identified with him. So you are Jewish but my family tree is German that goes all the way back to the Goths so no we are the same.

Aelfwine
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 May 2012, 2:02 pm

Quote:
Joker wrote:

It is while I do have a religion I still use logic in my daily life how ever my logical veiws and religious views never conflict with each other.

Yes of course. Religion and use logic at the same time is possible.
Also there are many intelligent persons with a religion and many intelligent persons without a religion.
Logic and religion must not be in conflict, if a religion has no conflicting views with science.
In my opinion religion or religious believs could only exist outside of science.
Also atheism and logic must not be in conflict.
Except they believe that they know that there is no god.
(It is only possible to believe it, that there is no god)

It is possible that a religion is right (or wrong).
Also religions had some positive aspects.
For example when a religion support human rights, nature, responsibility and fighting against social problems. (or even when some people meat each other in a "holy" house)
Maybe the moral rules of human beings have with each other, would not be there when tere would be no religions on the world.
But I dislike it when areligion has a complex and strictly management. (for example Catholicism)
But I had the problem that I can't believe something when I can't prove it with my logic.
So I have to leave the question about the existence of god open.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2012, 2:09 pm

Aelfwine wrote:
Quote:
Joker wrote:

Also there are many intelligent persons with a religion and many intelligent persons without a religion.
Logic and religion must not be in conflict, if a religion has no conflicting views with science.
In my opinion religion or religious believs could only exist outside of science.

For example when a religion support human rights, nature, responsibility and fighting against social problems. (or even when some people meat each other in a "holy" house)
Maybe the moral rules of human beings have with each other, would not be there when tere would be no religions on the world.
But I dislike it when areligion has a complex and strictly management. (for example Catholicism)
But I had the problem that I can't believe something when I can't prove it with my logic.

I see it this way on WP the agnostic Atheists will freely isult the people of faith while the Mods who are ironicly also atheists do nothing about it. You see their should at least be ONE MOD WHO IS RELIGIOUS since the faithful are small in number and get attacked ALL THE TIME ON WP for having a religious faith.

SpiritBlooms
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2012, 2:09 pm

I was thinking this morning that atheism is a belief that material reality is all there is. In a sense it's a form of monotheism. That means it's a faith for which the basis is measure-ability, repeatability and the senses.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2012, 2:17 pm

SpiritBlooms wrote:
I was thinking this morning that atheism is a belief that material reality is all there is. In a sense it's a form of monotheism. That means it's a faith for which the basis is measure-ability, repeatability and the senses.

Monotheism is a belief in a God or a higher power I don't see how it is a form of Monotheism

bucephalus
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2012, 2:32 pm

Joker wrote:
I see it this way on WP the agnostic Atheists will freely isult the people of faith while the Mods who are ironicly also atheists do nothing about it. You see their should at least be ONE MOD WHO IS RELIGIOUS since the faithful are small in number and get attacked ALL THE TIME ON WP for having a religious faith.

I'm not religious, and i certainly don't attack people that are. but then again I'm not an idiot. pay no attention

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2012, 2:39 pm

Joker wrote:
Aelfwine wrote:
Quote:
Joker wrote:

there is a mod who is religious. please stop derailing threads about this issue, and starting new threads about it. thank you.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2012, 2:44 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
Joker wrote:
Aelfwine wrote:
Quote:
Joker wrote:

there is a mod who is religious. please stop derailing threads about this issue, and starting new threads about it. thank you.

I tried to but some of the mods will not allow me to. But back to the issue monotheism and athiesm are two very diffrent things which have nothing in common.