Page 1 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2012, 4:48 pm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/0 ... 67245.html

Quote:
Sen. Scott Brown (R-Mass.), a longtime opponent of the Affordable Care Act who has voted to repeal it, said that his 23-year-old daughter, Ayla, is on his congressional health insurance plan, taking advantage of a provision in the federal law....

About 2.5 million Americans under age 26 have been covered under the Affordable Care Act, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. That resulted in an increase from 64 percent of people between the ages 19-25 carrying insurance to 73 percent.

Elizabeth Warren's campaign slammed Brown for taking advantage of the provision while voting against it. "Scott Brown spells health care: H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-S-Y,"

Senator Brown is not only a hypocrite, but a turd.

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2012, 5:18 pm

The religious right will never endorse socialized medicine.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2012, 5:19 pm

androbot2084 wrote:
The religious right will never endorse socialized medicine.

Not true mayn christians in the Methodist church support socialiized medicine and so do the orthodox.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2012, 5:34 pm

The Obama health care law is a wind-fall for private insurers.

Exactly the kind of deal we would expect in Crony Capitalism

ruveyn

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

02 May 2012, 5:45 pm

Nonsense. His daughter hasn't voted on anything. Perhaps Senator Brown didn't even take issue with that part of the bill.

Furthermore, I don't see a problem of making use of what is now in place even if you were against the implementation of it. You'll pay for it one way or another regardless so it's illogical to not take advantage of it.

mcg
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2012, 5:55 pm

So along the same line reasoning, does that make Democrats hypocrites for benefiting from the Bush tax cuts? I don't see any of them cutting a check to the treasury department...

https://www.pay.gov/paygov/forms/formIn ... d=23779454

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2012, 6:16 pm

If the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act is as abominable as the Repugs make it out to be, then it is hypocritical of them to enjoy it.

Especially given that they are okay with other people dying in the gutter.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2012, 6:17 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
If the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act is as abominable as the Repugs make it out to be, then it is hypocritical of them to enjoy it.

Republicans are against death panels though!!

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

02 May 2012, 7:32 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:

one, you are sorely mistaken if you believe that Obamacare is saving anybody from dying in the gutter. Does absolutely nothing to lower costs and will cause them to only go up. it's primary function is to enrich the supposedly villainous insurance companies.

two, what purpose would it serve not making use of the law? If the government were to want to give out free HDTVs I would be against it but I sure as heck would want my free HDTV. Nobody should feel bad about making use of government services even if they disagree with them, it's what is owed to you because of what they have stolen away in the first place.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2012, 9:07 pm

At least Mitt Romney possesses sufficient integrity to refuse Medicare.

Medicare and Medicaid have saved many people from dying in the gutter. So far, the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act has extended medical coverage to many people between the ages of 22 and 26, and may have saved a few people in this age group from dying in the gutter--including, potentially, Senator Brown's daughter, if she were to develop a deadly-if-untreated illness prior to turning 26.

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2012, 10:14 pm

mcg wrote:
So along the same line reasoning, does that make Democrats hypocrites for benefiting from the Bush tax cuts? I don't see any of them cutting a check to the treasury department...

https://www.pay.gov/paygov/forms/formIn ... d=23779454

Actually some significant number of IMHO foolish people do donate their tax refund to offsetting the deficit - many of them democrats.

CoMF
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 May 2012, 1:19 am

ruveyn wrote:
The Obama health care law is a wind-fall for private insurers.

Exactly the kind of deal we would expect in Crony Capitalism

Of course, no one sees this. All they see are college age students being covered under their parents' private insurance plans for an additional few years and the outlawing of pre-existing condition clauses even though previous laws (i.e. HIPAA) allowed them to be waived under certain circumstances.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2012, 2:48 am

no matter what the entitled upper classes [and their privileged middle class useful idiot watercarriers who obediently defend the indefensible] will shout, the pre-obamacare status quo [with its tens of millions of working-class american citizens priced out of health care] SUCKED BIG WIND!! ! :x obamacare is at least a crumb tossed in my direction, which beats the hell out of the worse-than-nothing inhumanity that the status-quo represents for my class of people.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2012, 6:28 am

auntblabby wrote:
no matter what the entitled upper classes [and their privileged middle class useful idiot watercarriers who obediently defend the indefensible] will shout, the pre-obamacare status quo [with its tens of millions of working-class american citizens priced out of health care] SUCKED BIG WIND!! ! :x obamacare is at least a crumb tossed in my direction, which beats the hell out of the worse-than-nothing inhumanity that the status-quo represents for my class of people.

:salut:

edgewaters
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2012, 6:34 am

Not surprised by this. Check this out:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/12/us/ev ... f=politics

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2012, 7:15 am

We were just one vote away from including a government health insurance option in the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. Just one vote. All that would have been needed was one repug senator to show a little decency and vote for it. But, decency is not what the repugs are about at all.