Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2012, 1:58 pm

What do people think of the film "Inside Job" (2010). A documentary narated by Matt Damon about the financial crises?

I thought it was a well made film but only told me what I already knew was going to happen since the 1980's.

Of course if you remove regulation people are going to get greedy and take as much as they can, and then keep taking more, and then more, until it crashes down. And even then they will carry on because they are so rich no body can tell them to stop! They become more powerful than entire countries and governments become their servants.

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2012, 2:17 pm

Did no one see this film?

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2012, 3:09 pm

I didn't see the film.

Albirea
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Cannot be determined due to excessive knowledge of momentum

13 Jun 2012, 10:29 pm

I saw it in my AP US Government class. I don't feel qualified enough to discuss it, though, seeing that I still don't know what most of the terminology refers to.

CSBurks
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2012, 10:43 pm

I thought the film was rather entertaining. Especially when the interviewer pissed off that one economist, Glenn Hubbard (link), who wrote one of my college textbooks--Financial Systems, I think.

My one problem with the film is the fact that they didn't talk about the monetary/credit expansion that caused the malinvestment possible in the first place.