Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2019, 1:05 pm

Tomorrow (July 31, 2019), there will be a "Black Moon" event, so called because it will be the second new moon during this month. This happens every few years, and is a natural event.

Unfortunately, the woo-woo crowd has already started beating their Doomsday drums -- "DOOM! DOOM! DOOM!"

"Beware of Lion’s Roar in the Darkness: Black Moon 2019. Behold! Surrender to the darkness! As the skies become dark and our visions blurred, we must now surrender to endings..." -- Maharani Rutan, at cosmicpsychic.com

:roll:

This Link will take you to a website with a more science-based explanation.

:D

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Last edited by Fnord on 30 Jul 2019, 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2019, 1:20 pm

If we've had black moons before and the world didn't end, why would people think it's going to happen *this* time? How do they now that somehow this will be *the* event that will destroy Earth?

And how could the moon simply not being seen from Earth simply because of a shadow passing over it end up causing worldwide destruction?

The "logic" of these doomsayers is fascinating.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2019, 1:23 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
... The "logic" of these doomsayers is fascinating.
They're fun people to talk to. They get all gloomy-and-doomy over ordinary events, and then try to back-pedal and make excuses when their prophesies fail to come true.

:lol:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2019, 1:40 pm

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2019, 1:42 pm

Some folks might ...embrace...a Black moon!

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2019, 1:59 pm

SaveFerris wrote:

Those doomsday folks are crazy, but they meme well.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2019, 2:03 pm

So it's the opposite of a "blue moon" and mathematically happens just as frequently.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

30 Jul 2019, 2:08 pm

"Once in a black moon" would make a nice variation on the cliched "once in a blue moon".

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2019, 3:01 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2019, 11:50 am

Good. We can all go to a better place where we can really be ourselves.

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2019, 2:48 pm

I predict... the morning after the black moon we shall all wake up to the same old world... the good bits and the bad bits.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2019, 3:03 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:

Ya mean...?

They play some mean memes?

Maybe.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2019, 3:27 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxJBdI0vjyI

'Once in a Black Moon'; According to Stephen Hawking Dark is God And or Gravity; i rather use a Metaphor of Poem Unto Itself; Really, Never the Less, Obviously, as Night Becomes Day Dark Births Light Potentially Even Before a Big Bang of 'Fore
Per Original Story of Us.

Considering that the Moon is only A Babe of the Earth; i rather Focus on the Sun as after All is Said And Done; Again, We Are Star Dust Stuff anyway Birthed from Crucible Fire of Star Death Explosions; Yes, Iron that flows through our Blood and
at Core of Earth Comes From Super Nova Explosions.

A Star is A Flower Seeding Potential 'Intelligent Life' From Crucible Fire as that Life may be resurrected from Star Flower
Death as Gaseous Dust Remains Seed.

Considering this, Folks Still Focus on the Moon; But True what is Life Without Romance And Making a Pet Rock in the
Sky; a Babe of the Earth, into all the Colors that come to Foreplay for Just another Human Being Big Bang Seeding Life; as
Yes We Are Verily Flowers, Seeding Life True too; in this way not only are We Star Dust Stuff; We Are Stars Co-Creating
As All Creation Does in Moving, Connecting, and Co-Creating Together at Best at Least; and not stagnant Falling Down
in Premature Entropy.

It seems to me, Taking this From A Dread of A Once in a Black New Moon in Conspiracy theories that are just a Nocebo Variation in Voodoo Difference away from Placebo Coloring A Full Moon an Aphrodisiac For Love Foreplay; It's true, Positive Stuff doesn't sell well to the General Part of the Public Living in Scarcity that and who Thrive Dead Alive More in a Story to Confirm in Bias their Life is a Glass Less than Half full View in Darkness over Light.

It's Like This; some folks Would Rather Give Great Thanks And Praise Giving Glory; Yes Worship, to Someone Who Dies for them over someone Who Loves and Lives for them.

It would be Hilarious if "Jesus" came back and told folks; no, i never died for you; that's Just a Myth; i Lived And Live for You Now to Show You What Heaven truly is now within and How to Get to Your Version of Heaven Within now; the Sour Pusses; the Trumps; the ones who Live in Scarcity of Hell on Earth in Misery Loves Suffering Within 'Made Me a Servant of Death rather than Life; Heaven on Earth Within now is Real in me and Your Inheritance to Seek and Find Now True, too; Loving all that is.

True; A Once in a Black Moon has already come and that is A Moon that Half the World Already Believes in and do not even consider a Conspiracy theory at all; Truth is Relative; Morals are Relative; but guess what IS Relative; Nature, Star Seeds Flowers are We Birthing All the Colors of Love The Wind The Spirit The HeART A Mind and Body Balancing Soul
of Flesh and Blood, We Truly Evolve Still to Be Now;

Anyway, i make Lemons into Water; i prefer Living Water; A Pay Grade; A Pay Rate, A Currency of Love within to give and share for free; A Once in a Black New Moon is every Bit as beautiful to me as a Full Moon; as in General people are a bit more relaxed with their Mind off the Moon; hehe, at least some of the Women i know, for sure; hAha..;)

True in Light of Wisdom's Beauty, Love is Magic of Reality Beating all Fiction for Those 'Tall Enough' to See More than Older Colors of the Wind.

Life is what we make it; how we move it; how we connect it; how we co-create it; Fun, or the other place
of Misery Loves Company and Suffering Holding Hands; oh, the Human Potential Towards Light for those
Who Co-Create Joy over Sorrow of the Dark Force Falling Falling..... meh; Dancing and Singing Free is Heaven
Enough for me Eternally Now; Sun or Moon; Night or Day; Dark or Light; Seasons come what may Love to Give Free to Share for those With Light Enough to Receive..:)

And on Top of that Wherever there is a Common Target Audience there is Money to Be Made; Misery Loves Company Holding Hands Suffering is Currently the Target Audience at Hand Ruling overall the 'Politics' of 'this Country' That otherwise might be a bit more Colorful and Gay in Happiness; Giving and Sharing Free all that come what may good Stuff away from Darkness that Stings. Anyway; People Color the Moon in Romance or Dread; nothing new on the Dark Side of the Moon And Full Moon Romantic Muse.

i got a new Diagnosis from my Psychiatrist Last Week: Romantic; but The Doctor Smiled as he Kept my Prescription the Same; Dance And Sing to Regulate Emotions, Integrate Senses; See me in 3 Months and give me all the Joy of Heaven i never Hear about in these 'Four Walls of Prison', there; as he sees so much of the Dark Side of the Human Condition; the Other Side of the Moon.... Those Who Co-Create Darkness Within; Losing the Movings and Connecting of Life that BRinG LiGHT; i used to be a Veteran of the other side too; there ARE WAYS out; for those who Desire to 'Unplug' From Once in a Black New Moon.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2019, 3:59 pm

Astronomy has had a massive impact on the human race and on numerous civilisations over the many millennium.
Including various ancient civilisations.

I am not sure when the concept of the doomsday first arrived. Although perhaps this concept has been with the human race, as soon as people worked out how to communicate with each other.

Over the many years, of course, there have been various religious cults that believe in such a concept.
Which includes Christianity before it developed into a mainstream religion.

I also guess that Buddhism could be considered a type of doomsday cult, in that the ultimate goal of Buddhism is for all of existence to cease, so as to put a stop completely to all suffering. Although, whether that results in the literal end of the universe, is again a debate for theosophy.

Just out of interest, the secret leaders of the Jehovah Witnesses (watchtower society), have forecast the end of the present world a number of times since they formed. Which was supposed to occur at the same time as the Messiah, JC was to return to Earth, in prep for Judgement day, where all people since the casting out of the Garden Of Eden were going to be judged and either erased from God's memory, or being given a place on heaven on earth, or in heaven (to rule, as the leaders of the JW's presently do but with God).

Jehovah Witnesses End of the World Prophecies.

I met people who know people who are JW's who knew people who were JW's in the mid 80s, who were so convinced of the end of the world that they sold their entire belongings including their homes, and blew all their money because they thought that God was going to provide for them with new supernatural homes or something when the prophecy predicted....

Sad but funny and true.

The JW's have got this prophecy so wrong so many times, that they kind of lost credibility.
And as their faithful slaves continue to ask about the prophecy, apparently their leaders decided the prophecy about the second coming actually now meant that JC had made a big come back, but was invisible.... and of course.... good friends with the leaders...

Still, end of the world people. if it happens, it happens. not much we can do about it, unless we do something before the end to stop the end. Preparing or worrying won't really change much i don't think. especially if the end is supernatural.

As for moon magic. I wonder if black moons hold any significance for people into moon magic. Usually such people who practice moon magic, give significance to all unusual moon activity, marking such changes as powerful days to cast spells or incite anger in their victims, to please demons or satan or something equally bizarre and primitive. or just convenient for sadists to inflict pain on their victims without their peers thinking their right douche bags (especially sensitive women, who can be more sensible and not into mindless sadism, but stick a delusional practice on it, and the drama queens and fantasists can't wait... no offence to any pixies or fairies reading, or noddy or big ears...)

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2019, 8:38 pm

How's this moon any blacker than a new moon any given month? I'm not up to speed on the science or esotericism of this one.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2019, 8:58 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
How's this moon any blacker than a new moon any given month? I'm not up to speed on the science or esotericism of this one.

I don't believe it's any "blacker" than any other new moon. It's just simply the title that's been given to the second new moon that occurs within one month's time.

Oscar Meyer Lansky