Page 1 of 8 [ 113 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

shadowboxer
Raven
Raven

26 Jun 2012, 9:48 am

I'm A Bad American. This pretty much sums it up for me.

I like big trucks, big boats, big houses, and naturally, pretty women.

I believe the money I make belongs to me and my family, not some midlevel governmental functionary with a bad comb-over who wants to give it away to crack addicts squirting out babies.

I don't care about appearing compassionate (if I don't actually feel it).

I don't think having a gun makes you a killer. I think killing someone makes you a killer.

I think I'm doing better than the homeless.

I don't think being a minority makes you noble or victimized.

I have the right not to be tolerant of others because they are different, weird or make me mad. This is my life to live, and not necessarily up to others expectations.

I know what SEX is and there are not varying degrees of it.

I don't celebrate Kwanzaa. But if you want to that's fine; just don't feel like everyone else should have to.

I believe that if you are selling me a Dairy Queen shake, a pack of cigarettes, or hotel room you do it in English. As of matter of fact, if you are an American citizen you should speak English. My uncles and forefathers shouldn't have had to die in vain so you can leave the countries you were born in to come disrespect ours, and make us bend to your will. Get over it.

I think the cops have every right to shoot you if you're running from them after they tell you to stop. If you can't understand the word 'freeze' or 'stop' in English, see the previous line.

I don't use the excuse "it's for the children" as a shield for unpopular opinions or actions.
I know how to count votes and I feel much safer letting a machine with no political affiliation do a recount when needed.

I know what the definition of lying is, and it isn't based on the word -- ever.

I don't think just because you were not born in this country, you qualify for any special loan programs, gov't sponsored bank loans, etc., so you can open a hotel, 7-Eleven, trinket shop, or anything else, while the indigenous peoples can't get past a high school education because they can't afford it.

I didn't take the initiative in inventing the Internet.

I thought the Taco Bell dog was funny.

I want them to bring back safe and sane fireworks.

I believe no one ever died because of something Ozzy Osbourne, Ice-T or Marilyn Manson sang, but that doesn't mean I want to listen to that crap from someone else's car when I'm stopped at a red light. But I respect your right to.

I think that being a student doesn't give you any more enlightenment than working at Blockbuster or Jack In The Box.

I don't want to eat or drink anything with the words light, lite or fat-free on the package.

Our soldiers did not go to some foreign country and risk their lives in vain and defend our Constitution so that decades later you can tell me it's a living document ever changing and is open to interpretation. The guys who wrote it were light years ahead of anyone today, and they meant what they said; now leave the document alone, or there's going to be trouble.

I don't hate the rich.

I don't pity the poor.

I know wrestling is fake. So are television and movies. I watch them anyway.

I've never owned, or was a slave, and a large percentage of our forefathers weren't wealthy enough to own one either. Please stop blaming me because some prior white people were idiots. And remember, tons of white, Indian, Chinese, and other races have been enslaved too; it was wrong for every one of them.

I believe a self-righteous liberal with a cause is more dangerous than a Hell's Angel with an attitude.

I want to know exactly which church is it where the "Reverend" Jessie Jackson preaches; and, what exactly is his job function.

I think Bill Gates has every right to keep every penny he made and continue to make more. If it makes you mad, then invent the next operating system that's better and put your name on the building. Ask your buddy that invented the Internet to help you.

I don't believe in hate crime legislation. Even suggesting it makes me mad. You're telling me that someone who is a minority, gay, disabled, another nationality, or otherwise different from the mainstream of this country has more value as a human being that I do as a white male? If someone hurts or kills someone else, I'd say that it's a hate crime.

We don't need more laws! Let's enforce the ones we already have.

I think turkey bacon, turkey beef, turkey fake anything sucks.

I believe that it doesn't take a village to raise a child; it takes a parent with the guts to stand up to the kid and spank his butt and say "NO!" when it's necessary to do so.

I'll admit that the only movie that ever made me cry was Ole Yeller.

I didn't realize Dr. Seuss was a genius until I got older.

I will not be frowned upon or be looked down upon or be made to keep silent because I have these beliefs and opinions. I thought this country allowed me that right. I will not conform or compromise just to keep from hurting somebody's feelings. I'm neither angry nor disenfranchised, no matter how desperately the mainstream media would like the world to believe otherwise.

Yes, I guess by some people's definition, I may be a bad American, but I vote--even when it rains.

Last edited by shadowboxer on 26 Jun 2012, 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 10:32 am

(Thread moved from Random to PPR)

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 10:44 am

[quote="shadowboxer"][/quote]

as long as you dont feel butthurt when other people take similar stances towards you be my guest.

but if we all were as static as you make yurself up to be its no wonder the world has gone to s**t.

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.

mentallyskilled
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Jun 2012, 10:49 am

i read half of that but i see i dont like you. too much unnecessary hate. i know u dont care im just sayin

JWC
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 10:52 am

Oodain wrote:
shadowboxer wrote:

as long as you dont feel butthurt when other people take similar stances towards you be my guest.

but if we all were as static as you make yurself up to be its no wonder the world has gone to sh**.

What do you mean when you refer to someone as "static"?

Please explain the process by which "static" people have made the world go to sh##.

simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 10:59 am

Quote:
Our soldiers did not go to some foreign country and risk their lives in vainand defend our Constitution so that decades later you can tell me it's a living document ever changing and is open to interpretation. The guys who wrote it were light years ahead of anyone today, and they meant what they said; now leave the document alone, or there's going to be trouble

We've changed it many times and will change it again. Jefferson said we shouldnt be shackled to the ideas of their time. And of course it must be interpreted. It's language.

I don't think you are a bad American. I think you are a non-thinking traditionalist. You've constructed a world-view to justify being low information. I don't find it admirable but fortunately I don't know you and never will. Knock yourself out.

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 11:17 am

JWC wrote:
Oodain wrote:
shadowboxer wrote:

but if we all were as static as you make yurself up to be its no wonder the world has gone to sh**.

Please explain the process by which "static" people have made the world go to sh##.

his opinons (to me) look pretty darn set in stone,(actually i suspect that is excactly why he posts in this fashion,)

static opinions do not allow for learning, you end up with people so sure fo what theyre saying that they are denouncing reality to do it, when people that subscribe to a similar thought process end up in a leader postiion the real trouble starts.

Oldout
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 11:58 am

shadowboxer, I'm proud you spoke your mind. It reminded me of my college days when Saturday night parties were delayed so we could watch All in the Family (Archie Bunker). You should contact one of the networks and convince them to revive that show.

edgewaters
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 12:00 pm

Quote:
I have the right not to be tolerant of others because they are different

Then you can have no reasonable expectation for yourself or your views to be tolerated.

JWC
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 12:01 pm

Oodain wrote:
JWC wrote:
Oodain wrote:
shadowboxer wrote:

his opinons (to me) look pretty darn set in stone,(actually i suspect that is excactly why he posts in this fashion,)

static opinions do not allow for learning, you end up with people so sure fo what theyre saying that they are denouncing reality to do it, when people that subscribe to a similar thought process end up in a leader postiion the real trouble starts.

So its really the denouncing reality part that is the problem, not the unwillingness to change, right?

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 12:06 pm

no

unwillingness to change necessitates denouncing reality in many cases(not all)
and why would one be unwilling to change for anything? i really cant see any reason at all, if something is so good it doesnt need any changing anywhere then it wont happen, but change will always be needed in a changing world.

besides i am reluctant to call the inability or unwillingness to learn commendable by any stretch.

JWC
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 12:24 pm

Oodain wrote:
no

unwillingness to change necessitates denouncing reality in many cases(not all)
and why would one be unwilling to change for anything? i really cant see any reason at all, if something is so good it doesnt need any changing anywhere then it wont happen, but change will always be needed in a changing world.

besides i am reluctant to call the inability or unwillingness to learn commendable by any stretch.

If a persons viewpoint is a result of an undying commitment to a certain aspect of reality, and that aspect of reality does not change; are they still a "static" person guilty of "denouncing reality"?

edgewaters
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 12:33 pm

JWC wrote:
If a persons viewpoint is a result of an undying commitment to a certain aspect of reality, and that aspect of reality does not change; are they still a "static" person guilty of "denouncing reality"?

Well there's reality, and then there's our apprehension of reality. The map is not the territory. An undying commitment to the accuracy of a map in the face of evidence to the contrary is definately a static person guilty of denouncing reality.

Also, whether accurate or not, focus on a "certain aspect" of reality to the exclusion of others is a near total denial of reality.

JWC
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 1:01 pm

edgewaters wrote:
JWC wrote:

Well there's reality, and then there's our apprehension of reality. The map is not the territory. An undying commitment to the accuracy of a map in the face of evidence to the contrary is definately a static person guilty of denouncing reality.

Also, whether accurate or not, focus on a "certain aspect" of reality to the exclusion of others is a near total denial of reality.

You're missing the point. Some things change, others don't. Having a 'static' opinion based upon an unchanging aspect of reality is a recognition of reality. If someone's opinion changes when reality has not, then they are still 'denouncing reality'. In summary, changes to your position should correspond to changes in reality. Which means that a 'static' viewpoint is appropriate towards an unchanging subject.

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 1:15 pm

If guns kill people, spoons make people fat.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 1:25 pm

shadowboxer wrote:
I'm A Bad American. This pretty much sums it up for me.

I like big trucks, big boats, big houses, and naturally, pretty women.

I believe the money I make belongs to me and my family, not some midlevel governmental functionary with a bad comb-over who wants to give it away to crack addicts squirting out babies.

I don't care about appearing compassionate (if I don't actually feel it).

I don't think having a gun makes you a killer. I think killing someone makes you a killer.

I think I'm doing better than the homeless.

I don't think being a minority makes you noble or victimized.

I have the right not to be tolerant of others because they are different, weird or make me mad. This is my life to live, and not necessarily up to others expectations.

I know what SEX is and there are not varying degrees of it.

I don't celebrate Kwanzaa. But if you want to that's fine; just don't feel like everyone else should have to.

I believe that if you are selling me a Dairy Queen shake, a pack of cigarettes, or hotel room you do it in English. As of matter of fact, if you are an American citizen you should speak English. My uncles and forefathers shouldn't have had to die in vain so you can leave the countries you were born in to come disrespect ours, and make us bend to your will. Get over it.

I think the cops have every right to shoot you if you're running from them after they tell you to stop. If you can't understand the word 'freeze' or 'stop' in English, see the previous line.

I don't use the excuse "it's for the children" as a shield for unpopular opinions or actions.
I know how to count votes and I feel much safer letting a machine with no political affiliation do a recount when needed.

I know what the definition of lying is, and it isn't based on the word -- ever.

I don't think just because you were not born in this country, you qualify for any special loan programs, gov't sponsored bank loans, etc., so you can open a hotel, 7-Eleven, trinket shop, or anything else, while the indigenous peoples can't get past a high school education because they can't afford it.

I didn't take the initiative in inventing the Internet.

I thought the Taco Bell dog was funny.

I want them to bring back safe and sane fireworks.

I believe no one ever died because of something Ozzy Osbourne, Ice-T or Marilyn Manson sang, but that doesn't mean I want to listen to that crap from someone else's car when I'm stopped at a red light. But I respect your right to.

I think that being a student doesn't give you any more enlightenment than working at Blockbuster or Jack In The Box.

I don't want to eat or drink anything with the words light, lite or fat-free on the package.

Our soldiers did not go to some foreign country and risk their lives in vain and defend our Constitution so that decades later you can tell me it's a living document ever changing and is open to interpretation. The guys who wrote it were light years ahead of anyone today, and they meant what they said; now leave the document alone, or there's going to be trouble.

I don't hate the rich.

I don't pity the poor.

I know wrestling is fake. So are television and movies. I watch them anyway.

I've never owned, or was a slave, and a large percentage of our forefathers weren't wealthy enough to own one either. Please stop blaming me because some prior white people were idiots. And remember, tons of white, Indian, Chinese, and other races have been enslaved too; it was wrong for every one of them.

I believe a self-righteous liberal with a cause is more dangerous than a Hell's Angel with an attitude.

I want to know exactly which church is it where the "Reverend" Jessie Jackson preaches; and, what exactly is his job function.

I think Bill Gates has every right to keep every penny he made and continue to make more. If it makes you mad, then invent the next operating system that's better and put your name on the building. Ask your buddy that invented the Internet to help you.

I don't believe in hate crime legislation. Even suggesting it makes me mad. You're telling me that someone who is a minority, gay, disabled, another nationality, or otherwise different from the mainstream of this country has more value as a human being that I do as a white male? If someone hurts or kills someone else, I'd say that it's a hate crime.

We don't need more laws! Let's enforce the ones we already have.

I think turkey bacon, turkey beef, turkey fake anything sucks.

I believe that it doesn't take a village to raise a child; it takes a parent with the guts to stand up to the kid and spank his butt and say "NO!" when it's necessary to do so.

I'll admit that the only movie that ever made me cry was Ole Yeller.

I didn't realize Dr. Seuss was a genius until I got older.

I will not be frowned upon or be looked down upon or be made to keep silent because I have these beliefs and opinions. I thought this country allowed me that right. I will not conform or compromise just to keep from hurting somebody's feelings. I'm neither angry nor disenfranchised, no matter how desperately the mainstream media would like the world to believe otherwise.

Yes, I guess by some people's definition, I may be a bad American, but I vote--even when it rains.

You tell'em bubbah!

I;'m a good ole Rebel Soldier, that is what I am
and for your Land of Freedom, I do not give one damn
I hate your starry banner, all soaked in Southron Blood
I killed me twenty yankee and I'd have killed more if I could. \

ruveyn