Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2012, 11:00 pm

Joker wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Raptor wrote:
:roll: :roll:
Duh, if I was sensitive I wouldn't be here.
Once again I think it's time for you to make a trip to the drug store for some Midol. You seem rather crampy lately......

Who said anything about sensitivity?

I think its time for you to start coming up with better comebacks. You should also take a break from being an as*hole every day, it must be tiring you out. That is probably the reason for that vacuous hole where your intellect should be

My comebacks are just better than yours, Vivian.

That's because Americans are the best at trash talking.

And being the hate-filled intollerant conservative I am that gives me even more of an edge. :D

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2012, 11:00 pm

Lord_Gareth wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Once again I think it's time for you to make a trip to the drug store for some Midol. You seem rather crampy lately......

I think its time for you to start coming up with better comebacks. You should also take a break from being an as*hole every day, it must be tiring you out. That is probably the reason for that vacuous hole where your intellect should be

Unimaginative? Check. Sexist? Check. Predictable? Check. I see you've written your location under your profile, good, good...

*Scribbles some data down, checks his notes*

Raptor, you may want to sit down. Our survey indicates that you might be a Living Stereotype, as opposed to a human being. Side effects may include a total lack of free will, sub-sapient reasoning capabilities, and unchangeable patterns of behavior. Hope is not lost, however! Education in the fine and noble art of debate, combined with a few years of growing up, may permit you to upgrade to fully sapient thought, though I'm afraid that your particular Living Stereotype (Southern Gun Cultist) never quite fully shakes the full extent of their automatic behaviors.

Hope exists. Contact colleges and universities to seek therapy for Living Stereotype Syndrome, and you too might become a human being.

I'm Lord_Gareth, and I approved this message.

WHAT?

Lord_Gareth
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Jun 2012, 11:05 pm

Joker wrote:
Lord_Gareth wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Unimaginative? Check. Sexist? Check. Predictable? Check. I see you've written your location under your profile, good, good...

Raptor, you may want to sit down. Our survey indicates that you might be a Living Stereotype, as opposed to a human being. Side effects may include a total lack of free will, sub-sapient reasoning capabilities, and unchangeable patterns of behavior. Hope is not lost, however! Education in the fine and noble art of debate, combined with a few years of growing up, may permit you to upgrade to fully sapient thought, though I'm afraid that your particular Living Stereotype (Southern Gun Cultist) never quite fully shakes the full extent of their automatic behaviors.

Hope exists. Contact colleges and universities to seek therapy for Living Stereotype Syndrome, and you too might become a human being.

WHAT?

Do you remember earlier today when I told you that I turn eloquent when I get angry?

Yeah.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2012, 11:06 pm

Lord_Gareth wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Raptor wrote:

If I remember right you're a liberal so you are obligated to say all that and I would in turn take it as a compliment.
Thank you! :D

Lord_Gareth
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Jun 2012, 11:10 pm

Raptor wrote:
Lord_Gareth wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Raptor wrote:

If I remember right you're a liberal so you are obligated to say all that and I would in turn take it as a compliment.

You appear to be laboring under the impression that my statements were due to your right-wing thinking. Your impression is incorrect. My statements were due to my preference for some manner of standards in debates that I participate in and observe. There are plenty of conservatives that I respect deeply (many of them on this site) - your name is not on the list, because you actively worsen every topic you join and turn it into a festering cesspit.

Hence the diagnosis, of course.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

Lord_Gareth wrote:
Joker wrote:
Lord_Gareth wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Raptor wrote:

WHAT?

Do you remember earlier today when I told you that I turn eloquent when I get angry?

Yeah.

Thus spake arkvoodle.

JNathanK
Veteran
Veteran

Oodain wrote:
static opinions do not allow for learning, you end up with people so sure fo what theyre saying that they are denouncing reality to do it, when people that subscribe to a similar thought process end up in a leader postiion the real trouble starts.

Its not in the spirit of rationalism and critical thinking to be stuck in a rigid way of thinking, and i think its antithetical to the spirit of many of the founding fathers, who a lot of these traditionalists claim to admire. I also think limiting the mind with a set of presumptions and taboos actually transforms man from being a free will agent into a repetitive, predictable recording that reacts the same exact way they're presented with the same stimuli. This is actually useful to power structures, because it makes it easier for them to control people. They know what buttons to push and what buzzwords to use to get masses of people to do what they want them to do.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't be concrete in some basic things, like trying to live a life that mirrors truth and justice and common decency, but to take it to an extreme isn't by any means something to be proud of or sought after.

I mean, if everyone was rigid in their beliefs and couldn't be persuaded into changing their mind, no matter what the evidence was, there'd be no point in having a trial by jury, no point in having open elections, we'd still think sickness was caused by evil spirits, cure the chemically imbalanced by driving devils out of them with whips, leach people, etc etc.

Last edited by JNathanK on 27 Jun 2012, 11:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2012, 11:13 pm

Lord_Gareth wrote:
Raptor wrote:

You appear to be laboring under the impression that my statements were due to your right-wing thinking. Your impression is incorrect. My statements were due to my preference for some manner of standards in debates that I participate in and observe. There are plenty of conservatives that I respect deeply (many of them on this site) - your name is not on the list, because you actively worsen every topic you join and turn it into a festering cesspit.

QFT

@jnathank

true,
sad thing is that people in the end are voting and acting against their own interests.

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2012, 11:20 pm

Lord_Gareth wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Lord_Gareth wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Yes, I'm really something aren't I?
And thanks once again for the compliments, the whole thing, but remember that compliments will only get you MORE.
Happy trails :P

JNathanK
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2012, 11:47 pm

Raptor wrote:

Are you a Nazi sympathizer? I recognize the symbols in your avatar from Waffen SS uniforms and regalia. Its a combination of the Panzer division shield patch and skull.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2012, 6:38 am

Raptor wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Wow good one, how long did it take you to think of that? My guess is you probably sat at your keyboard for at least 45 minutes thinking it over. For all that work, I would have expected something half decent. But then I remember, you only have two comebacks. 1) I know you are, but what am I? and other variations; and 2) You're just proving my point blah blah blah. Maybe if you leave mom's basement once in a while you'll pick up something new to add to your limited repertoire

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2012, 7:08 am

JNathanK wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Are you a Nazi sympathizer? I recognize the symbols in your avatar from Waffen SS uniforms and regalia. Its a combination of the Panzer division shield patch and skull.

No, that's a pirate's jolly roger flag.
Argh!

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2012, 7:14 am

hmm not excactly
emblem of the 3rd SS panzergrenadier division, also known as the totenkopf division.

and yes i do know you are being facetious.

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.

Last edited by Oodain on 28 Jun 2012, 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2012, 7:14 am

Vigilans wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Wow good one, how long did it take you to think of that? My guess is you probably sat at your keyboard for at least 45 minutes thinking it over. For all that work, I would have expected something half decent. But then I remember, you only have two comebacks. 1) I know you are, but what am I? and other variations; and 2) You're just proving my point blah blah blah. Maybe if you leave mom's basement once in a while you'll pick up something new to add to your limited repertoire

Talk about lame comebacks. :roll:
About all you do is repeat the same the same thing but re-arrange the words.
Whatever......

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2012, 7:22 am

Oodain wrote:
hmm not excactly
emblem of the 3rd SS panzergrenadier division, also known as the totenkopf division.

and yes i do know you are being facetious.

"No, that's a pirate's jolly roger flag.
Argh!"

/\ That's my story and I'm sticking' to it.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2012, 10:01 am

Raptor wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Talk about lame comebacks. :roll:
About all you do is repeat the same the same thing but re-arrange the words.
Whatever......

Didn't you admit to being a 15 year old kid before in some other thread? Maybe toning down the cockiness a bit would do you some good, it will only get you in trouble the older you get. If you aren't the one who said they were 15 than still tone down the cockiness.