Page 5 of 17 [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next


Does Democracy Really Work Since Only the Rich and Powerful are Satisfied?
Yes 12%  12%  [ 18 ]
Yes 12%  12%  [ 18 ]
No 21%  21%  [ 31 ]
No 21%  21%  [ 31 ]
I Am President Bush and You Have Violated the Patriot Act 17%  17%  [ 25 ]
I Am President Bush and You Have Violated the Patriot Act 17%  17%  [ 25 ]
Total votes : 148

Assassin
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Apr 2005
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,676
Location: Not here, Not there, not anywhere.....

29 Jun 2005, 3:53 pm

thechadmaster wrote:
Communism and Religion often dont work together because of different beliefs, what if the leader was a fierce protestant? I am a (usually) easygoing Catholic, Uh-oh, I hear Tim LaHaye(HERETIC) breaking down my door.


By definition, when you completely flatten the hirarcky, as with true communism, its impossible to have a single leeder.


_________________
Chronicles of the Universe: Sons of Earth Volume 1 - Bounty Hunter now at 98 pages! Ill update this sig when it gets published.

<a href=http://s13.invisionfree.com/the_project>Project Legacy, building the future</a>


Last edited by Assassin on 30 Jun 2005, 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Assassin
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Apr 2005
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,676
Location: Not here, Not there, not anywhere.....

29 Jun 2005, 3:56 pm

doubleone wrote:
Marx said that religion was basically (yet another) tool of oppression. All it exists for is to enable the ruling class to supress the working class, supposedly. It's an elaborate system of threats (ie 'You'll go to Hell if you don't obey these 10 Commandments!', and so on) designed to control people's behaviour.


No. Religion came naturally with the evolution of sentience. It has been used to oppress thogh. As i sed, this was done throoghout the former Roman Empire in the Middle Ages. In fact, if you watch Stargate, this is emphasised even more by the Goauld.


_________________
Chronicles of the Universe: Sons of Earth Volume 1 - Bounty Hunter now at 98 pages! Ill update this sig when it gets published.

<a href=http://s13.invisionfree.com/the_project>Project Legacy, building the future</a>


kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Sep 2005
Age: 59
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,872
Location: SOUTH DAKOTA

26 Sep 2005, 10:24 pm

I remember 1985 I read many books showing the communism in Europe and USSR. Seeing
and projecting it's downfall.

Eastern Europe 1989 Berlin Wall falls

USSR fell 1991



Nickname
Butterfly
Butterfly

User avatar

Joined: 28 Apr 2005
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 10

27 Sep 2005, 8:11 am

WTF has to do demcracy with communism ? democracy is a politic system, and communism is an economic system, like capitalism. Communism is democratic, but it has never been used in the right way.
The question should be :

Does CAPITALISM Really Work Since Only the Rich and Powerful are Satisfied? that's the right question
And Communism is extremely left wing.



Psychlone
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Jan 2005
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 713
Location: Michigan

27 Sep 2005, 9:32 am

Communism is the most evil government system of all time, even more evil than Nazism. 100 million people have died under Communism, and even more are continuing to die.



Superweird
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

User avatar

Joined: 13 Sep 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: 4

27 Sep 2005, 9:56 am

How many people died under capitalism?
LOL. Don't make me laugh
Communism is an ideology, if 100 million people have died, it's because of the presidents who have killed this people, it has nothing to do with communism



eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jul 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,301
Location: Scotland

27 Sep 2005, 12:30 pm

Capatilism is a much more evil ideology than communism. There is nothing inherently evil about communism, just some of the people who run "communist" governments that arent even genuinely communist. Some people must be too thick to get the difference between systems of government and evil regimes but manage to convienently airbrush out all the millions that have died from direct and indirect actions of capatilist regimes. Nearly everbody here including me supports democracy. Hitler was democratically elected, does that make democracy inherently evil? I advocate Socialism or at the very least Social Capatilism as practised in Norway for instance.



Psychlone
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Jan 2005
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 713
Location: Michigan

27 Sep 2005, 2:13 pm

An interesting thing about Nazism is it is Socialist in nature. The word Nazi is in fact short for "National Socialism". Just as the USSR stands for Union of Soviet Socialist Republics.

Why anyone thinks we should try Communism again is beyond me. It has failed each and every time it is attempted. Just because you support communism through elections instead of through violent revolution doesn't mean the outcome will be any different. As Ayn Rand said, it is merely the difference between murder and suicide.



RobertN
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Jul 2005
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 934
Location: Cambridge, UK

27 Sep 2005, 3:12 pm

I think we have had this discussion about democratic socialism before, Psychlone. I find it despicable that you do not support the democratic process.

Personally, I think it has something to do with your lack of responsibility. I assume you are capable of working for a living or you would not advocate right-wing libertarianism?? You think that you should be able to do whatever you like and not be accountable to people around you. Well tough. You have to pay your tax like everyone else... :shameonyou:

That is the reason you oppose democracy. You would rather a dictatorship, especially with you as a dictator.

Or perhaps you are too busy licking Ayn Rand's ***** to hear what I am saying.......



eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jul 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,301
Location: Scotland

27 Sep 2005, 3:32 pm

Psychlone wrote:
An interesting thing about Nazism is it is Socialist in nature. The word Nazi is in fact short for "National Socialism". Just as the USSR stands for Union of Soviet Socialist Republics.

Why anyone thinks we should try Communism again is beyond me. It has failed each and every time it is attempted. Just because you support communism through elections instead of through violent revolution doesn't mean the outcome will be any different. As Ayn Rand said, it is merely the difference between murder and suicide.


I have already pointed out that just because something say's it is something doesnt neccesarily make it so! The interesting thing about the British, French, Spanish, Roman, American etc empires is that they were all capatilist in nature and look at all the millions they have killed and the ethnic cleansing they have commited to reach their goals.

In fact because they dont want to lose the control they have financially and politically, the capatilist regimes of the west continue to have economic policies that are largely to blame for all the millions of people in Africa etc that are living in poverty and the millions that have died of starvation as well as the murderous foreign regimes that have been installed and backed by western countries.



Psychlone
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Jan 2005
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 713
Location: Michigan

27 Sep 2005, 4:44 pm

RobertN wrote:
I think we have had this discussion about democratic socialism before, Psychlone. I find it despicable that you do not support the democratic process.

Personally, I think it has something to do with your lack of responsibility. I assume you are capable of working for a living or you would not advocate right-wing libertarianism?? You think that you should be able to do whatever you like and not be accountable to people around you. Well tough. You have to pay your tax like everyone else... :shameonyou:

That is the reason you oppose democracy. You would rather a dictatorship, especially with you as a dictator.

Or perhaps you are too busy licking Ayn Rand's ***** to hear what I am saying.......


The thing is, I don't want anyone to be the dictator. Not me, not you, not mob rule, not anyone. I am very anti-authoritarian. If you think I support a dictatorship you obviously don't understand what Libertarianism is all about...

The fact is that Democracy IS a form of dictatorship... a dictatorship of the majority. Keep in mind that Hitler was elected Democratically. George Bush, who you seem to hate was elected Democratically as well. Slavery was at one time approved of by a Democracy. Do you see the flaw in Democracy?



Psychlone
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Jan 2005
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 713
Location: Michigan

27 Sep 2005, 4:51 pm

eamonn wrote:
Psychlone wrote:
An interesting thing about Nazism is it is Socialist in nature. The word Nazi is in fact short for "National Socialism". Just as the USSR stands for Union of Soviet Socialist Republics.

Why anyone thinks we should try Communism again is beyond me. It has failed each and every time it is attempted. Just because you support communism through elections instead of through violent revolution doesn't mean the outcome will be any different. As Ayn Rand said, it is merely the difference between murder and suicide.


I have already pointed out that just because something say's it is something doesnt neccesarily make it so! The interesting thing about the British, French, Spanish, Roman, American etc empires is that they were all capatilist in nature and look at all the millions they have killed and the ethnic cleansing they have commited to reach their goals.

In fact because they dont want to lose the control they have financially and politically, the capatilist regimes of the west continue to have economic policies that are largely to blame for all the millions of people in Africa etc that are living in poverty and the millions that have died of starvation as well as the murderous foreign regimes that have been installed and backed by western countries.


What you are describing is not free market capitalism, it is something else entirely. The armies which have committed genocide were not run by corporations or by individuals, they were run by kings and governments.

What free market capitalism would do, if given the chance, is build infreastructure and elevate the countries of Africa to a higher level of prosperity. It worked for the west and it could work for them. Let corporations move in and build electrical plants, farms, roads, schools, shopping centers, etc. I can guarantee you that you will see the lives of people improve as a result of capitalism.

The problem is the tyrannical governments of the African countries which are holding back progress and stealing from the people.



Superweird
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

User avatar

Joined: 13 Sep 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: 4

27 Sep 2005, 4:52 pm

"Communism has failed everytime" REAL Communism has never been applied. NEVER
Read about communism before saying stupid things
The name NAcional Socialist was used to gain votes, Nazism is the total opposite of socialism.



eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jul 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,301
Location: Scotland

27 Sep 2005, 4:52 pm

I see the flaws though think it's the best system there is. What do you suggest as an alternative psychlone?



Mithrandir
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Oct 2004
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 614
Location: Victoria, BC Canada

27 Sep 2005, 5:03 pm

The closest system to being Marxist (I use Marxist instead of communism to prevent confusion)
was the Iroqouis.

Stalin was Dictatorship/Socialist, Mao was Dictatorship/Socialist, Castro is Dictatorship/Socialist yet he worked for the people, Tito also worked for the people, Hitler was Fascist (Dictatorship/Capitalist)



eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jul 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,301
Location: Scotland

27 Sep 2005, 5:08 pm

Psychlone wrote:

What you are describing is not free market capitalism, it is something else entirely. The armies which have committed genocide were not run by corporations or by individuals, they were run by kings and governments.

What free market capitalism would do, if given the chance, is build infreastructure and elevate the countries of Africa to a higher level of prosperity. It worked for the west and it could work for them. Let corporations move in and build electrical plants, farms, roads, schools, shopping centers, etc. I can guarantee you that you will see the lives of people improve as a result of capitalism.

The problem is the tyrannical governments of the African countries which are holding back progress and stealing from the people.


The west doesnt have free market capatilism. They employ policies that are in favour of big corporations. That is why we have the monopolies that are in existence today. Governments have policies that helps big companies here stay in control of certain markets and block sales from poorer countries who produce goods for much cheaper.

Big companies get to move people on and steal their resources. They also get off with paying slave wages to people in 'third world countries'. A lot of these tyrinical governments have been backed by the west because they help the rich people here become richer and influence their control over the rest of the world and the paupers here.

Africans leaders found out the value of money, corruption and the ability to control large sections of the population from western leaders and companies. The west is scared of losing it's position of financial and political control so dont want such a vast continent as Africa to be in a position of power. They have good reason to worry about their position, China's economy will surpass Britain's within years if not sooner and India etc are catching up rapidly.