Page 15 of 17 [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next


Does Democracy Really Work Since Only the Rich and Powerful are Satisfied?
Yes 12%  12%  [ 18 ]
Yes 12%  12%  [ 18 ]
No 21%  21%  [ 31 ]
No 21%  21%  [ 31 ]
I Am President Bush and You Have Violated the Patriot Act 17%  17%  [ 25 ]
I Am President Bush and You Have Violated the Patriot Act 17%  17%  [ 25 ]
Total votes : 148

Insert_Nickname_Here
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

User avatar

Joined: 21 Dec 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: 80
Location: Northern Virginia

26 Dec 2005, 1:26 pm

True. However, we took a trend and made it our own.


_________________
Past performance does not and will never guarantee future results.

Force Lightning PWNS!


eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jul 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,301
Location: Scotland

26 Dec 2005, 1:32 pm

Indeed there was evil and arrogant superpowers long before the US took the helm and as i pointed out you have a rich European and Anglo-Saxon history in which you have learned how to exploit people and their resources but do you see Germany for instance feeling pride about when they nearly ruled Europe or do you think they realise they were wrong?



Insert_Nickname_Here
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

User avatar

Joined: 21 Dec 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: 80
Location: Northern Virginia

26 Dec 2005, 2:10 pm

I presume you are talking about Hitler when I say: Yes.


_________________
Past performance does not and will never guarantee future results.

Force Lightning PWNS!


eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jul 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,301
Location: Scotland

26 Dec 2005, 2:49 pm

Yes. Now i feel like a cliche for bringing him up. Next time il bring up a different instance of genocide and people being forced to be refugees for a comparison.



anarkhos
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 29 Nov 2005
Age: 43
Gender: Male
Posts: 429
Location: Oregon

26 Dec 2005, 8:50 pm

eamonn wrote:
anarkhos wrote:
Assassin wrote:
CRB wrote:
If anyone has any doubts, read "The Black Book of Communism" put out by Harvard University Press.


Is there reelly any dout that anything put out by an American university, particularly during the Cold War, wood be anti-Communist?


Is there any doubt that a Communist would engage in an ad homonym attack?


What's the matter? Not happy because some people can see through your propaganda. The state you stay explains a lot. With it's shameful history of Native American land clearences, troubled history of social imbattlement and crazy law and no sales tax, i can see you havent expereinced what it's like to have any decent sense of community,wefare or even have the freedom to fill up your own set of wheels for instance. I think you could be right about a lack of religion not being too healthy, certainly in the case of the US anyway as Oregon has the least percentage of church-goers there.


Is there any doubt that a Communist would engage in an ad homonym attack?

(this was too easy)



TheViking
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 Nov 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: 571
Location: From The Dark Past

26 Dec 2005, 8:54 pm

anarkhos wrote:
Bush is definitely a fascist. In fact, the whole red state phenomenon has become fascist.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rockwell/red ... scism.html

TheViking wrote:
never vote for a republican


Or a democrat.


i agree


_________________
I reject all the biblical views of the truth
Dismiss it as the folklore of the times
I won't be force fed prophecies
From a book of untruths for the weakest mind
-------
I have no faith distracting me
I know why your prayers will never be answered


anarkhos
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 29 Nov 2005
Age: 43
Gender: Male
Posts: 429
Location: Oregon

26 Dec 2005, 9:01 pm

eamonn wrote:
Indeed there was evil and arrogant superpowers long before the US took the helm and as i pointed out you have a rich European and Anglo-Saxon history in which you have learned how to exploit people and their resources but do you see Germany for instance feeling pride about when they nearly ruled Europe or do you think they realise they were wrong?


I wish you would use periods...

The idea that somehow the US empire is exploiting the resources of other nations isn't true. Quite the opposite in fact. The United States is expending its own resources to keep foreign regimes in power, bankrupting itself in the process. If the US were effectively exploiting resources, it wouldn't have a national deficit and trade deficit.

This empire is living on borrowed time.

That isn't to say there isn't exploitation going on, but it takes the form of politicians and government contractors exploiting US taxpayers and future generations.

As for Germany, their not having a military has nothing to do with humility. All things considered, Germany should have a lot less need of humility in terms of empire building and colonialism when compared to France and England. I know it's chic to blame Hitler for everything, but consider, for example, how the Germans treated middle eastern people with France and England, especially prior to and after WW1. Compare, for example, how Germany did business in Basra as compared to the Britons in WW2.

If only France had realized how wrong they were (even after WW2!) with respect to their empire building, they wouldn't have suffered bloody colonial wars well into the 60s.



Insert_Nickname_Here
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

User avatar

Joined: 21 Dec 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: 80
Location: Northern Virginia

26 Dec 2005, 9:01 pm

However, better a Democrat than a Republican.


_________________
Past performance does not and will never guarantee future results.

Force Lightning PWNS!


TheViking
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 Nov 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: 571
Location: From The Dark Past

26 Dec 2005, 9:15 pm

Insert_Nickname_Here wrote:
However, better a Democrat than a Republican.


ditto
but the green party is the best


_________________
I reject all the biblical views of the truth
Dismiss it as the folklore of the times
I won't be force fed prophecies
From a book of untruths for the weakest mind
-------
I have no faith distracting me
I know why your prayers will never be answered


anarkhos
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 29 Nov 2005
Age: 43
Gender: Male
Posts: 429
Location: Oregon

26 Dec 2005, 9:21 pm

Insert_Nickname_Here wrote:
However, better a Democrat than a Republican.


I fail to see how the distinction makes a dime's worth of difference.

The "New Democrats" are even more pro-war than Bush, for example. Joe Biden and Hillary Clinton are just as bad as the neocons.

Let's not forget Clinton was a Democrat. The CIA rendition program was initiated by him. He invaded Haiti in 1994. He bombed Serbia into submission with cluster-bombs in 1999. He then bombed Afghanistan and Sudan during impeachment proceedings supposedly on intelligence that he was bombing chemical weapons factories (sound familiar?). He made it official US policy to change the regime of Iraq, withdrew inspectors, then launched Operation Desert Fox. The DOD celebrated their 100th country with US troop presence under his watch. He then sabotaged the Oslo Accords so Israel could subjugate the Palestinians during the resulting intifada.

But by most accounts, he was one of the best Democratic presidents ever. Who'da thunk it.

Politicians worth supporting are a very rare breed indeed, and partisanship only serves to corrupt voters and politicians alike. The only politician of principle I know of is Ron Paul, who tends to vote against party lines anyway.



TheViking
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 Nov 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: 571
Location: From The Dark Past

26 Dec 2005, 9:30 pm

i see what you mean

repbulicanT
democraP


_________________
I reject all the biblical views of the truth
Dismiss it as the folklore of the times
I won't be force fed prophecies
From a book of untruths for the weakest mind
-------
I have no faith distracting me
I know why your prayers will never be answered


eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jul 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,301
Location: Scotland

26 Dec 2005, 9:37 pm

anarkhos wrote:

Is there any doubt that a Communist would engage in an ad homonym attack?

(this was too easy)


Do the capatilists ever stop with the ad hominem attacks? Learn to spell ad hominem before you critisize my grammar. Your argument is a cliche, it's a nothing argument because we could go round in circles that way. It amounts to saying "oh no you!". "Oh this is so easy, im very smart for saying ad hommoynim attacks".



anarkhos
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 29 Nov 2005
Age: 43
Gender: Male
Posts: 429
Location: Oregon

26 Dec 2005, 9:41 pm

This is one reason I rely on antiwar.com for my empire news. They take all politicians and pundits to task, regardless of what party they belong to. Democrats, Republicans, Greens, Libertarians--they all get their feet held to the fire.

Take this recent article on the Democrats for example:

http://www.antiwar.com/justin/?articleid=7097

I like this writer in particular. He's a pithy academic who has done a lot of research into the origins of neoconservatism:

http://www.antiwar.com/justin/j061303.html
http://www.antiwar.com/justin/j100103.html



eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jul 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,301
Location: Scotland

26 Dec 2005, 9:47 pm

anarkhos wrote:

I wish you would use periods...


I wish that you wouldnt argue with me while your on yours. Oh and the US can prop-up military regimes in they're attempt to control the planet and use their political and military power to force exploitation of resources.

You seem to think the businessman in the suit generates wealth but resources and material things can be had without some pencil-pusher adding big-pay rises while doing fuckall to get the resources he runs without the poor working man to do all the donkey work.

Some Blue collar people are happy to be the inferior and back up right-wing war-mongering, socially and economically irresponsible Republican regimes and so i suppose they deserve nothing more.



eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jul 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,301
Location: Scotland

26 Dec 2005, 10:01 pm

anarkhos wrote:
This is one reason I rely on antiwar.com for my empire news. They take all politicians and pundits to task, regardless of what party they belong to. Democrats, Republicans, Greens, Libertarians--they all get their feet held to the fire.

Take this recent article on the Democrats for example:

http://www.antiwar.com/justin/?articleid=7097

I like this writer in particular. He's a pithy academic who has done a lot of research into the origins of neoconservatism:

http://www.antiwar.com/justin/j061303.html
http://www.antiwar.com/justin/j100103.html


That's your objective news source is it? They blame everything on the left when expansionism has been mostly from right wing regimes at least in the west. A guy that wrote the book "Reclaiming the American right, The lost legacy of the conservative movement" and reveres Reagon as "the great unifier" is bound to be balanced in his views isnt he? :roll:



anarkhos
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 29 Nov 2005
Age: 43
Gender: Male
Posts: 429
Location: Oregon

26 Dec 2005, 10:03 pm

eamonn wrote:
anarkhos wrote:

I wish you would use periods...


I wish that you wouldnt argue with me while your on yours.


I don't know what you mean by this.

I'm on my what?

Quote:
Oh and the US can prop-up military regimes in they're attempt to control the planet and use their political and military power to force exploitation of resources.


I don't doubt the attempt, I doubt the results.

Quote:
You seem to think the businessman in the suit generates wealth but resources and material things can be had without some pencil-pusher adding big-pay rises while doing f*** to get the resources he runs without the poor working man to do all the donkey work.


Actually I made no claim as to who generates wealth. I merely stated that it is impossible to know how to generate wealth without economic calculation and that such calculation is impossible without a market economy.

There are plenty of pencil-pushers and laborers who waste resources. The question is how does one know which actions are profitable (in the wider meaning of the term), and which actions are not. In order for every man, rich or poor, to know what course of action best satisfies his desires, he needs to perform this economic calculation. This cannot be determined by any political process.

Quote:
Some Blue collar people are happy to be the inferior and back up right-wing war-mongering, socially and economically irresponsible Republican regimes and so i suppose they deserve nothing more.


I don't see how the left-wing war-mongering socially and economically responsible Democratic regime would be any better.

I'm not going to choose between supporting fascism and supporting communism.