Page 3 of 6 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

WilliamWDelaney
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2012, 2:22 pm

ruveyn wrote:
WilliamWDelaney wrote:
I think the jury was wrong, though. I don't think that Sandusky's guilt has been proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

Not beyond YOUR reasonable doubt. However it was the jury deciding the case, not you, so YOUR reasonable doubt is totally irrelevant and may be ignored.
You don't seem to be ignoring me, though. I wish that you would, but it doesn't seem to be your inclination.

Quote:
If you want absolute assurance, then you will not get it --- ever. According you your way of thinking (if one can call it thinking) we should not even bother with trials.
That's your story, not mine. I think that I have made a much stronger case for my position than you are making it out to be, and you haven't actually provided anything resembling an actual analysis of my ideas, much less a rebuttal.

In fact, I have found your responses to be vacuous.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2012, 2:34 pm

WilliamWDelaney wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
so you're pleading the Micheal Jackson defence.
There was just the appearance of impropriety. Not the reality of it.
Close, but I think that I've provided a much more sophisticated argument here than just that.

Quote:
But even if that is indeed the case- wouldnt you want to reserve more than a little horsewhipping for Sandusky himself for being stupid enough ( and for being unprofessional enough to have the bad judgment) to allow even the appearance of so much impropriety?
His actions were ill-advised, and I could have explained to him in fine detail why they were ill-advised. It's something that is not discussed very often because people are afraid to discuss it out of fear of being suspected of pedophilia, but it's an important aspect of how our behavior toward children ought to change as they develop.

The way we typically handle very young children is borderline erotic, and that is just a fact. The reason we don't think anything of it is that the children are not old enough to have a sexual reaction to it, so it is taken as pure affection rather than something that could send confusing signals. Nevertheless, when we are handling very young children, particularly 6 and under, we frequently do stuff like pat them on the ass, gather up their legs and stroke their thigh, and several other behaviors that would be tantamount to foreplay with an older person.

However, if Sandusky's story is to be believed, he was trying to pull this on much older children than this would be appropriate with. At that age, they are old enough that they are going to react to it as sexual touching, even if you don't mean it that way. That's what I think got Sandusky in trouble with the mother he was apologizing to. It might have been that the child was one of those naturally gay ones. The child was a pre-teen with budding sexuality, and he found himself being held or touched in an intimate way by an attractive and charismatic older man. There are a thousand and one ways this could go terribly horribly wrong, as any reasoning, educated person would have told Mr. Sandusky. Someone might think it's harmless to cuddle a 12 year old boy. However, if he's not related to the person holding him and he is also likely to develop eventually as a gay guy, he will have a reaction in that situation. He wouldn't be able to help it. So yeah, even if Sandusky actually is innocent of actual molestation, he was being a dick, even according to his own story.

Nevertheless, I do not look at him and see a child molester. It's not something that is easy for me to communicate, but the tone he used in his voicemail to victim 2 followed the meandering, casual path of someone who is doing something perfectly normal and everyday. The "I love you" at the end of the message came across as an ordinary valediction. If you only looked at the words, you could color it as creepy, but I don't think that you could color it as creepy if you were paying attention to Sandusky's intonation.

I think I'm making a much better case than you seem to think, here.

Pedophiles groom older boys not only for sex, but also to keep silent. This is typical pedophile behavior, and I think easily explains why the boys in question didn't in most cases just say no.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

WilliamWDelaney
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2012, 2:48 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Pedophiles groom older boys not only for sex, but also to keep silent. This is typical pedophile behavior, and I think easily explains why the boys in question didn't in most cases just say no.
The boys would also have remained "silent" if Sandusky hadn't actually done anything morally wrong, though.

Your argument works just as well for the null as it does for the positive, so it doesn't really hold water for you to say, "the children remained silent, and this proves that Sandusky is a pedophile because pedophiles always groom children to remain silent." Other situations in which a child might NOT complain that an adult in their life is molesting them sexually include the case where they actually are NOT being molested sexually.

I think that my skepticism of the verdict is standing up pretty well, here. I don't think that I would have a solid case for proving that Sandusky is innocent, but I think that I have a credible case for saying there may be a reasonable doubt as to his guilt.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2012, 2:51 pm

WilliamWDelaney wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
The boys would also have remained "silent" if Sandusky hadn't actually done anything morally wrong, though.

Your argument works just as well for the null as it does for the positive, so it doesn't really hold water for you to say, "the children remained silent, and this proves that Sandusky is a pedophile because pedophiles always groom children to remain silent." Other situations in which a child might NOT complain that an adult in their life is molesting them sexually include the case where they actually are NOT being molested sexually.

I think that my skepticism of the verdict is standing up pretty well, here. I don't think that I would have a solid case for proving that Sandusky is innocent, but I think that I have a credible case for saying there may be a reasonable doubt as to his guilt.

Where in this thread have you done that?

WilliamWDelaney
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2012, 3:03 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
WilliamWDelaney wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Where in this thread have you done that?
I'm sure you could find it if you were to read through it.

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2012, 3:27 pm

WilliamWDelaney wrote:
His actions were ill-advised, and I could have explained to him in fine detail why they were ill-advised.

Wait what?!

WilliamWDelaney wrote:
]It's something that is not discussed very often because people are afraid to discuss it out of fear of being suspected of pedophilia, but it's an important aspect of how our behavior toward children ought to change as they develop.

Well, no one was doing so. But now you mention it....

WilliamWDelaney wrote:
The way we typically handle very young children is borderline erotic, and that is just a fact. The reason we don't think anything of it is that the children are not old enough to have a sexual reaction to it, so it is taken as pure affection rather than something that could send confusing signals. Nevertheless, when we are handling very young children, particularly 6 and under, we frequently do stuff like pat them on the ass, gather up their legs and stroke their thigh, and several other behaviors that would be tantamount to foreplay with an older person.

Um....I really don't think you needed to go into detail on this. You obviously have given this a lot more thought than any of us? And how on planet Earth does that make anything Sandusky did okay?

WilliamWDelaney wrote:
However, if Sandusky's story is to be believed, he was trying to pull this on much older children than this would be appropriate with.

Forgive me for interpreting this wrongly, but are you saying it would have been more appropriate to pull if it were young boys?

WilliamWDelaney wrote:
At that age, they are old enough that they are going to react to it as sexual touching, even if you don't mean it that way. That's what I think got Sandusky in trouble with the mother he was apologizing to.

So because they can tell when it is wrong and try and defend themselves or prevent it, that makes them bad people? Is this your reasoning for the thing I quoted previously?

WilliamWDelaney wrote:
It might have been that the child was one of those naturally gay ones. The child was a pre-teen with budding sexuality, and he found himself being held or touched in an intimate way by an attractive and charismatic older man. There are a thousand and one ways this could go terribly horribly wrong

And you still believe it went the 1 right way? Simply because of someone's tone of voice, composure and how much you like them?

WilliamWDelaney wrote:
as any reasoning, educated person would have told Mr. Sandusky. Someone might think it's harmless to cuddle a 12 year old boy. However, if he's not related to the person holding him and he is also likely to develop eventually as a gay guy, he will have a reaction in that situation.

So your reasoning is "Any smart person would have told Sandusky teenagers and gay kids might catch on to him quicker so he should have gone for younger ones"? :|

WilliamWDelaney wrote:
Nevertheless, I do not look at him and see a child molester.

So an interesting question. Do you see him as an outstanding good guy, like yourself?

WilliamWDelaney wrote:
It's not something that is easy for me to communicate, but the tone he used in his voicemail to victim 2 followed the meandering, casual path of someone who is doing something perfectly normal and everyday. The "I love you" at the end of the message came across as an ordinary valediction. If you only looked at the words, you could color it as creepy, but I don't think that you could color it as creepy if you were paying attention to Sandusky's intonation.

News for you, I still find it very effing creepy. And not just me. You can't tell me or anyone what to feel about this. Feel free to pretend certain opinions don't exist but there will always be a differing opinion in existence to your own.

WilliamWDelaney wrote:
I think I'm making a much better case than you seem to think, here.

And no one would disagree with you on that.
At least now I know why this Sandusky thing matters so much to you.

MightyMorphin
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2012, 3:33 pm

Lol this whole thing is ridiculous.

I don't know anything about this story/case, but if there's evidence against him, EVIDENCE, then he is guilty.

Stop sticking up for this sick sex criminal and defending him. You sound like one yourself.

WilliamWDelaney
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2012, 3:43 pm

JanuaryMan wrote:
WilliamWDelaney wrote:
His actions were ill-advised, and I could have explained to him in fine detail why they were ill-advised.

Wait what?!
Aww, and here I thought you had made tracks. This conversation was a lot more pleasant when you were NOT a part of it. How about you go back to being ancient history, dude?

Quote:
Forgive me for interpreting this wrongly, but are you saying it would have been more appropriate to pull if it were young boys?
No. I condemn you for it harshly for it because I see it as a deliberate distortion of my views. How dare you? You are obviously not intent on having a respectful discussion.

You do not belong in this discussion. Your responses have been spiteful trolling. You are a waste of my and everyone else's time.

WilliamWDelaney
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2012, 3:46 pm

MightyMorphin wrote:
Lol this whole thing is ridiculous.
I think that I have made a fairly strong case for my views, regardless of whether or not you find it "ridiculous."

MightyMorphin
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2012, 3:47 pm

WilliamWDelaney wrote:
JanuaryMan wrote:
WilliamWDelaney wrote:

Wait what?!
Aww, and here I thought you had made tracks. This conversation was a lot more pleasant when you were NOT a part of it. How about you go back to being ancient history, dude?

Quote:
No. I condemn you for it harshly for it because I see it as a deliberate distortion of my views. How dare you? You are obviously not intent on having a respectful discussion.

You do not belong in this discussion. Your responses have been spiteful trolling. You are a waste of my and everyone else's time.

You are on a forum. You have posted this thread for open discussion. If you don't like it then you don't know what a forum is. I suggest you learn about what forums are.

JanuaryMan's post was well on spot. You are deluded. You are sticking up for a disgusting sick man. He has fiddled little boys and that's the end of it.

All you are doing is putting your foot in it, talking about patting kids asses and stroking their legs. Where do you even get this stuff from? Never in my life does it occur to me if I'm touching a child wrongly or not, because I am not. You clearly have a guilty conscience with all that in your mindset.

I suggest you see someone for your issue with children.

WilliamWDelaney
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2012, 3:52 pm

Quote:
Um....I really don't think you needed to go into detail on this. You obviously have given this a lot more thought than any of us?
I'll respond to this, actually. The reason I have thought about this is that I grew up with high functioning autism, and I had to actually reason out a lot of social nuances that most people take for granted. I had to labor mentally to grasp why it was socially acceptable to handle a six year old child in certain ways, but this seemed to change strangely as the child got older. I eventually grew out of most of the autistic symptoms, but I understand a lot of things at a conscious, philosophical level that most people don't even think about.

WilliamWDelaney
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2012, 3:57 pm

MightyMorphin wrote:
All you are doing is putting your foot in it, talking about patting kids asses and stroking their legs. Where do you even get this stuff from? Never in my life does it occur to me if I'm touching a child wrongly or not, because I am not. You clearly have a guilty conscience with all that in your mindset.
Well, I just noticed that it seems to be normal and perfectly socially acceptable for parents to hold and caress their toddlers in ways that would be inappropriate to do with an older child. The reason I brought it up was that I think that it helps explain Sandusky's behavior. He seems to have this false impression that it's appropriate to do the kinds of things with a pre-teen that you would do with a toddler or very young child, and he is wrong. That's what I think got him in trouble, not a vicious intent to sexually assault children.

It's actually a very important part of my case. It might be an uncomfortable topic for some people, but it's one that has to be discussed, I think, to properly understand the Sandusky case.

Last edited by WilliamWDelaney on 28 Jul 2012, 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MightyMorphin
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2012, 3:58 pm

WilliamWDelaney wrote:
Quote:
Um....I really don't think you needed to go into detail on this. You obviously have given this a lot more thought than any of us?
I'll respond to this, actually. The reason I have thought about this is that I grew up with high functioning autism, and I had to actually reason out a lot of social nuances that most people take for granted. I had to labor mentally to grasp why it was socially acceptable to handle a six year old child in certain ways, but this seemed to change strangely as the child got older. I eventually grew out of most of the autistic symptoms, but I understand a lot of things at a conscious, philosophical level that most people don't even think about.

Just because you thought normal touching on you by an adult was wrong, but then turned out to be fine, doesn't mean other kids think the same as you.
You can't argue with a group of children going against one man. This is not one child, this is SEVERAL!

I don't care if you're HFA or what, you are still sick and twisted for thinking what this man does is acceptable.

YOUR

LOGIC

IS

FAULTY!

WilliamWDelaney
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2012, 3:59 pm

MightyMorphin wrote:
I don't care if you're HFA or what, you are still sick and twisted for thinking what this man does is acceptable.
What I am trying to argue is that the court is wrong about what he actually did, you moron.

WilliamWDelaney
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2012, 4:01 pm

MightyMorphin, are you really so stupid that you can't grasp the case I am trying to make, here? I don't think you are. I think that you are a troll, and I'm putting you on ignore for being an as*hole.

MightyMorphin
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2012, 4:02 pm

WilliamWDelaney wrote:
MightyMorphin, are you really so stupid that you can't grasp the case I am trying to make, here? I don't think you are. I think that you are a troll, and I'm putting you on ignore for being an as*hole.

You can't put me on ignore and I don't appreciate you calling me stupid, as*hole and a troll. Name calling is against the rules. I am extremely offended because I am not these things.

I'll be reporting this to a moderator.