Page 12 of 19 [ 302 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2012, 12:31 am

MagicToenail wrote:
as a product of an inter racial marriage, and the fact that 1 in 5 marriages in this country are inter racial, I don't see a real need for "promotion." It's happening quite naturally.. I do think the media should portray more inter racial couples though, to reflect this trend.

I like that idea. 8)

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2012, 7:39 am

LKL wrote:
I don't suppose it's occurred to you that Condi didn't /want/ to marry some conservative douche who thinks that women belong in the kitchen?
There's a reason that women are usually more progressive as a group than men: sheer self-interest. Condi is willing to look past that in a party, but probably isn't willing to look past it in a mate.

A Conservative woman is supposed to want to take care of a husband and make babies. That's what Conservatism is all about. Otherwise, why would a woman vote Republican?

LKL wrote:
All of that said, but maybe she's gay and is already de-facto married to someone the rest of her party simply wound't accept.

You bring out the G-word? Oh, Heavens! If she really wanted to cover it up, and avoid being the victim of Republican gossip, then she should have rushed to marry Rush. Otherwise, I am very sure that she is now just a lonely old spinster with an apartment full of cats.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2012, 10:28 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
I always sort of thought she and Bush had had a secret thing going on. In fact, once during a state dinner (I believe) she had begun calling Bush "my husband..." when she reverted to "the President." So Condi's not married possibly because her heart belongs to Dubya.

Well, it does appear that you are right.

Bill had Monica. George had Condi.

Both Monica and Condi are doomed never to find a husband. It seems to be the consequence of doing the president.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2012, 11:02 am

MagicToenail wrote:
as a product of an inter racial marriage, and the fact that 1 in 5 marriages in this country are inter racial, I don't see a real need for "promotion." It's happening quite naturally.. I do think the media should portray more inter racial couples though, to reflect this trend.

I agee. In my country though (UK), conservatives criticise the media when they portray interracial couples, saying that it's only done out of political correctness (when in fact it's done to represent real life). In fact, the lead conservative newspaper in my country had a hissy fit over the Olympics opening ceremony because of the interracial couple and the number of different ethnicities there. We have some way to go. :(

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2012, 11:42 am

In the USA, lots of girls really like Black guys, and lots of guys dig Asian chicks. There is a need to promote more jiggery-pokery between Black women and Asian men, as some people feel that these groups are being left out.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2012, 3:27 pm

By the way, here is a humourous short film which presents an Asian Male perspective

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC_ycDO66bw[/youtube]

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2012, 9:09 pm

If you search on Youtube, you can find a lot of videos by Black men explaining why they don't like Black women, and videos by Black women basically saying "Waaaaahhhh!! !!"

Here is an ABC News program on the issue.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWTXhHABj_A[/youtube]

Apparently 70% of educated Black women are single (42% overall).

As they get older, their standards get more lax.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2012, 9:48 pm

Marry who you LOVE even if they are polka-dotted.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2012, 8:25 am

In the deep south, about one-half of Republican voters still think that interracial marriage should be illegal.

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/04/08/46-pe ... -marriage/

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2012, 11:38 am

They are Republicans,they only believe in marrying other Republicans.I wonder if they are in-breeding?That could explain the drop in intelligence.And you know those white Republicans all look alike to me,I can't tell them apart. :lol:

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2012, 11:40 am

The law requires persons of the man race to marry persons of the woman race.

ruveyn

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2012, 11:46 am

ruveyn wrote:
The law requires persons of the man race to marry persons of the woman race.

ruveyn

Some jurisdictions now go beyond that restriction.

Also, people can remain unmarried.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2012, 11:48 am

The parts do fit together nicely. :lol:

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2012, 12:16 pm

I am 100% for the mixing of races as long as it is done in a responsible manner. What I mean by responsible is that each party to the relationship has an understanding of cultural differences and potential problems that may arise from blending the races. Besides the obvious taunting, medical conditions are a real concern, since some conditions such as Tay-Sach's are more prevalent among the Eastern European Jewish (the Ashkenazim) population, while sickle-cell anemia is more common among African-Americans/blacks. Receiving bone marrow transplants is also further complicated by mixed ethnicity, since a donor would likely have to match those same ethnic profiles to be a "best match." Some groups (Ashkenazi Jews in particular) tend to have unusual antibodies in their blood as well, making transfusions sometimes difficult. Medical concerns should be taken into consideration in any case, not just involving interracial reproduction (I do not ever want to contribute to procreation for many reasons, but medical reasons/genetics are definitely on the list).

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2012, 5:25 pm

CyborgUprising wrote:
I am 100% for the mixing of races as long as it is done in a responsible manner. What I mean by responsible is that each party to the relationship has an understanding of cultural differences and potential problems that may arise from blending the races. Besides the obvious taunting, medical conditions are a real concern, since some conditions such as Tay-Sach's are more prevalent among the Eastern European Jewish (the Ashkenazim) population, while sickle-cell anemia is more common among African-Americans/blacks. Receiving bone marrow transplants is also further complicated by mixed ethnicity, since a donor would likely have to match those same ethnic profiles to be a "best match." Some groups (Ashkenazi Jews in particular) tend to have unusual antibodies in their blood as well, making transfusions sometimes difficult. Medical concerns should be taken into consideration in any case, not just involving interracial reproduction (I do not ever want to contribute to procreation for many reasons, but medical reasons/genetics are definitely on the list).

The only thing that matters in a marriage is love. I don't think anyone should decide not to marry because their children might have medical problems. As for taunts from other kids - that's the problem of those little bigots and the terrible parents who spawned them.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2012, 5:36 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuvvfnjgZlM[/youtube]