Why ignore these facts about Obama's birth certificate?

Page 4 of 8 [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Ancalagon
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 8:07 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
but this whole birth certificate nonsense is obviously racially motivated.

Why do you think this?

simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 9:51 pm

For some I'm sure it is racially motivated. But the hatred for Clinton was similar. RW talk radio spread constant stories about him. That he had a secret death squad and enemies hit list. That Arkansas state troopers eliminated his enemies. That he killed Vince Foster. That Hillary did it. That she was a lesbian sleeping with half of DC, that he sold secrets to the Chinese to fund his campaign, etc, etc, etc. To me Obama hatred seems very similar with some added racist flavoring here and there.

Low thinkers want to be involved with politics but lack the appetite for examing real issues. So they play this Wrestlemania IV home version of politics and it makes them feel like they are involved in some way. They need it to be bold and sensational and completely outrageous or they won't be able to pay attention.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 10:28 pm

Ancalagon wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Why do you think this?

Because no one would ever think such a thing about a white President. But because Obama is black, and because his father was foreign born, certain people let their racist imaginations go wild.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

AutisticBelle
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 Aug 2012, 11:06 pm

I hate politics. It seems to be more about emotions than logic, these days. I love America, or at least what it stands for.
As for the issue of Obama's birth certificate, I wouldn't be surprised to learn it was a fake, but at this point I don't really care. I just don't like the way he plans things and then only carries them out halfway (and the lack of logic in his plans to begin with), how he seems to be sucking the economy dry and all that. I think we should just a elect a pathologically honest accountant next and just be done with it. :)
I hate politics, stupid, childish factions, mumblemumblemumble :x

Max000
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2012, 1:04 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Ancalagon wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Why do you think this?

Because no one would ever think such a thing about a white President. But because Obama is black, and because his father was foreign born, certain people let their racist imaginations go wild.

Exactly, and no other president in the history of the United States, has ever had to release copies of his birth certificate to the public. But the first black president, and he has to release copies of his birth certificate to prove that he is an American. This country is seriously F-ed up, and the members of one particular political party are the ones F-ing it up.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2012, 1:52 am

6655321 wrote:
nominalist wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Well thing is, those running the show don't really seem to give a damn.

The idea that there are certain people "running the show" is also a conspiracy theory.

It's actually an objective and demonstrable fact. :?

Although I suppose it's really a question of semantics and how one interprets "people running the show".

It is obvious that many aspects of the world are decided by powerful people who intentionally change things how they see fit--I would say this is mainstream, consensual reality.

On the other extreme, the idea that there are evil kitten-eating lizardmen wearing human masks while they are doing this, etc., is something else.

Lol well they certainly aren't evil kitten eating lizardmen wearing human masks.....that is a little on the ridiculous side, But I would say those running the show as I worded it before don't necessarily care about the well being of the citizens of this country or humanity in general.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2012, 4:42 am

Yeah, birth certificate or not, he's been a notably sh***y president; this just distracts from it.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2012, 5:13 am

Obama might have a better record as president if the Republicans didn't make a concerted effort to block everything he attempts to ensure the failure of his administration. If Obama has to take any blame, then the Republicans have to accept their share, too, especially since they have put their political ambitions to take back power ahead of the good of the country.
By the way, it's those same Republicans and their friends on Fox and talk radio who have fanned the flames of bigotry which has kept the birther nonsense alive.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2012, 5:17 am

AutisticBelle wrote:
I hate politics. It seems to be more about emotions than logic, these days. I love America, or at least what it stands for.
As for the issue of Obama's birth certificate, I wouldn't be surprised to learn it was a fake, but at this point I don't really care. I just don't like the way he plans things and then only carries them out halfway (and the lack of logic in his plans to begin with), how he seems to be sucking the economy dry and all that. I think we should just a elect a pathologically honest accountant next and just be done with it. :)
I hate politics, stupid, childish factions, mumblemumblemumble :x

Hating politics and ignoring it isn't going to make any of the ugliness go away. It only means the birther idiocy will seem credible if you don't stay tuned to legitimate news sources (which doesn't include Fox).

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2012, 7:01 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Well thing is, those running the show don't really seem to give a damn. So my perspective is I have heard of the possibilty of the birth certificate being fake and its believable(since our government blatantly ignores the constitution and its own laws on a regular basis) but since it doesn't appear to make any difference in Obama being president I guess I see no reason to dwell on it.

I mean people can scream about how fake it is all they want and I doubt its really going to effect any government policy.
So, is there any basis at all for you to assume the certificate is fake beyond "He is black" and "government is evil"?

Also, these people "running the show", don't you think their lives would be easier if they chose an American citizen as their puppet president so they wouldn't risk losing the control of everything out of a technicality?

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2012, 7:27 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Obama might have a better record as president if the Republicans didn't make a concerted effort to block everything he attempts to ensure the failure of his administration. If Obama has to take any blame, then the Republicans have to accept their share, too, especially since they have put their political ambitions to take back power ahead of the good of the country.
By the way, it's those same Republicans and their friends on Fox and talk radio who have fanned the flames of bigotry which has kept the birther nonsense alive.

So the GOP put a gun to his head and made him unilaterally expand our conflicts in the middle east, launch the biggest crackdown on whistleblowers in US history, assassinate American citizens, break his promise to allow states to set their own medical marijuana laws, and pass a giveaway to insurance companies under the guise of health care reform, the latter when he had a super-majority in Congress? :roll:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2012, 7:42 am

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

So the GOP put a gun to his head and made him unilaterally expand our conflicts in the middle east, launch the biggest crackdown on whistleblowers in US history, assassinate American citizens, break his promise to allow states to set their own medical marijuana laws, and pass a giveaway to insurance companies under the guise of health care reform, the latter when he had a super-majority in Congress? :roll:

Expand our conflicts in the Middle East? He put an end to our involvement in Iraq, and we'll soon be out of Afghanistan.
And his healthcare reform had been an olive branch to the Republicans, as it was derived from their plan during the Clinton years.
No, he hadn't had a gun to his head when he had taken positions antithetical to what you'd think his positions would be. But Obama's still better than the Republican alternative.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

29 Aug 2012, 8:27 am

I guess Dox is partially referring to your involvement in Libya and Syria. Not sure you could blame Obama for the Arab Spring mind.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2012, 10:15 am

Dox47 wrote:
Yeah, birth certificate or not, he's been a notably sh***y president; this just distracts from it.

When the history books are finally written, Jimmy Carter will look like a major statesman compared to Obama.

ruveyn

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2012, 10:54 am

The_Walrus wrote:
I guess Dox is partially referring to your involvement in Libya and Syria. Not sure you could blame Obama for the Arab Spring mind.

In those conflicts, though, Obama had hardly occupied those countries, which was the source of our foreign policy misery under Bush.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2012, 11:16 am

Max000 wrote:

Exactly, and no other president in the history of the United States, has ever had to release copies of his birth certificate to the public. But the first black president, and he has to release copies of his birth certificate to prove that he is an American. This country is seriously F-ed up, and the members of one particular political party are the ones F-ing it up.

You might have a point there. If there were an Obama-Prime just like the current Obama but white as snow, we would not have heard a thing about his birth certificate.

ruveyn