Why ignore these facts about Obama's birth certificate?

Page 2 of 8 [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Delphiki
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2012, 11:42 am

Fnord wrote:
Delphiki wrote:
LaPelirroja wrote:
Because sometimes people don't believe in what is real, they believe in what they feel.
Truthiness

It's called "Rationalism", which should not be confused with rationality.
Do you know what truthiness means? And are you back, or did you just come back to post something correcting the word that I think is more valid in reply to what was said?

25 Aug 2012, 11:45 am

Delphiki wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Delphiki wrote:
LaPelirroja wrote:
Because sometimes people don't believe in what is real, they believe in what they feel.
Truthiness

Do you know what truthiness means? And are you back, or did you just come back to post something correcting the word that I think is more valid in reply to what was said?

Give it up kid. You're not fooling anyone else here except yourself.

Delphiki
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2012, 11:48 am

AspieRogue wrote:
Delphiki wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Delphiki wrote:
LaPelirroja wrote:
Truthiness

Ahh yes, finally, someone stooped to calling me a kid.

Max000
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2012, 2:51 pm

Quote:

:roll: Why ignore these facts about Obama's birth?

Fact 1: His birth was legally recorded in Honolulu Hawaii on August 4th, 1961. Certified copies of his birth records have been made available from various media outlets and can be easily viewed online with a simple Google search. The same records satisfied election officials that Obama was qualified and could legally run for President of the United States.

Fact 2: His birth was legally recorded in two newspapers immediately after August 4th, 1961. Copies of these newspapers are available on microfilm at various libraries, and can be easily viewed online with a simple Google searc
h.

Delphiki wrote:
1. Back in 1961 people of colour were called 'Negroes.' So how can the recently produced Obama 'birth certificate state he is 'African-American' when the term wasn't even used at that time?

2. The birth certificate that the White House released lists Obama's birth as 4 August 1961. It also lists Barack Hussein Obama as his father. No big deal, right? At the time of Obama's birth, it also shows that his father is aged 25 years old, and was born in " Kenya , East Africa ". This wouldn't seem like anything of concern, except the fact that Kenya did not even exist until 1963, two whole years after Obama's birth, and 27 years after his father's birth. So, how could Obama's father have been born in a country that did not yet exist? Until Kenya was formed on 12 Dec 1963, it was known as the " British East Africa Protectorate"

3. On the birth certificate released by the White House, the listed place of birth is "Kapi'olani
Maternity & Gynecological Hospital". This cannot be, because the hospital(s) in question in 1961 were called "KauiKeolani Children's Hospital" and "Kapi'olani Maternity Home", respectively. The name did not change to Kapi'olani Maternity & Gynecological Hospital until 1978, when these two hospitals merged. So, how can the new 1978 name of the merged hospitals be on a birth certificate that is dated 1961? Unless, of course, the certificate was only recently made by some poor researcher as a cover up.

http://www.kapiolani.org/women-and-chil ... fault.aspx
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Kenya
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenya

:wall: Who gives a fu*k? (see fact 1 and fact 2 above) Only brain dead Republicans and teabaggers who have a record of electing politicians who are on the low end of the IQ distribution. The only way this conspiracy could possibly have any validity is if it had started over 50 years ago with someone placing fake birth announcements in several newspapers.

Last edited by Max000 on 27 Aug 2012, 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2012, 3:13 pm

John_Browning wrote:
A muslim, a illegal alien, and a communist walk into a bar. The bartender says, "what can I get you, mr president?".

Even if Obama was muslim, why would it matter?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2012, 3:27 pm

thomas81 wrote:
John_Browning wrote:
A muslim, a illegal alien, and a communist walk into a bar. The bartender says, "what can I get you, mr president?".

Legally it wouldn't, as the constitution says there shall be no religious test for holding office in America.
It would only matter to the paranoiacs and bigots in the Republican party and the tea baggers.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2012, 3:29 pm

Max000 wrote:
Quote:

:roll: Why ignore these facts about Obama's birth?

Fact 1: His birth was legally recorded in Honolulu Hawaii on August 4th, 1961. Certified copies of his birth records have been made available from various media outlets and can be easily viewed online with a simple Google search. The same records satisfied election officials that Obama was qualified and could legally run for President of the United States.

Fact 2: His birth was legally recorded in two newspapers immediately after August 4th, 1961. Copies of these newspapers are available on microfilm at various libraries, and can be easily viewed online with a simple Google searc
h.

Delphiki wrote:
1. Back in 1961 people of colour were called 'Negroes.' So how can the recently produced Obama 'birth certificate state he is 'African-American' when the term wasn't even used at that time?

2. The birth certificate that the White House released lists Obama's birth as 4 August 1961. It also lists Barack Hussein Obama as his father. No big deal, right? At the time of Obama's birth, it also shows that his father is aged 25 years old, and was born in " Kenya , East Africa ". This wouldn't seem like anything of concern, except the fact that Kenya did not even exist until 1963, two whole years after Obama's birth, and 27 years after his father's birth. So, how could Obama's father have been born in a country that did not yet exist? Until Kenya was formed on 12 Dec 1963, it was known as the " British East Africa Protectorate"

3. On the birth certificate released by the White House, the listed place of birth is "Kapi'olani
Maternity & Gynecological Hospital". This cannot be, because the hospital(s) in question in 1961 were called "KauiKeolani Children's Hospital" and "Kapi'olani Maternity Home", respectively. The name did not change to Kapi'olani Maternity & Gynecological Hospital until 1978, when these two hospitals merged. So, how can the new 1978 name of the merged hospitals be on a birth certificate that is dated 1961? Unless, of course, the certificate was only recently made by some poor researcher as a cover up.

:wall: Who gives a fu*k? (see fact 1 and fact 2 above) Only brain dead Republicans and teabaggers who have a record of electing politicians who are on the low end of the IQ distribution. The only way this conspiracy could possibly have any validity is if it had started over 50 years ago with someone placing fake birth announcements in several newspapers.

But God forbid the loony right would have any interest in evidence based on facts!

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2012, 3:30 pm

thomas81 wrote:
John_Browning wrote:

Because America is Xenophobic to muslims because of 9/11 also a majority of Americans are Christian etc. I am glad I deconverted from Christianity I feel so much better without religion enslaving my thoughts and actions!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2012, 3:42 pm

Delphiki wrote:
AspieRogue wrote:
Delphiki wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Delphiki wrote:
LaPelirroja wrote:
Truthiness
Ahh yes, finally, someone stooped to calling me a kid.

Kid, child, juvenile ... whatever ...

The point is that no one should believe your "facts" simply because they are not true.

Even if they were true, what would you do about it? Would you act in a legal and sane manner while trying to oust Mr. Obama from office less than 5 months from the end of his current term? Or would you stand to the side and say, "See? I told you so!" while the rest of us act?

What is even the point any more to spreading lies about Mr. Obama? What do you hope to achieve?

Or do you just want us to praise you and thank you for expressing your erroneous beliefs?

Personally, I think that (1) Mr. Obama is no worse and no better than any other occupying the office of the President; and (2) people who make up lies about Mr. Obama are no more than racists who can not handle the fact that a black man was elected to the Presidency.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Last edited by Fnord on 27 Aug 2012, 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2012, 3:43 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
thomas81 wrote:
John_Browning wrote:

Because America is Xenophobic to muslims because of 9/11 also a majority of Americans are Christian etc. I am glad I deconverted from Christianity I feel so much better without religion enslaving my thoughts and actions!

I'm fairly sure the majority of 'Christian' Americans wouldn't be found at church in a month of Sundays.

America, not unlike other parliamentary democracies, is a secular country.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2012, 3:46 pm

thomas81 wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
thomas81 wrote:
John_Browning wrote:
I'm fairly sure the majority of 'Christian' Americans wouldn't be found at church in a month of Sundays. America, not unlike other parliamentary democracies, is a secular country.

Indeed. The founding fathers owned slaves, denied women the right to vote and own property, and believed that slaughtering people to steal their land was ethical, legal, and moral.

America the Beautiful, eh?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Hopper
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2012, 3:52 pm

Delphiki, John_Browning -

Let's go back to 1930s Germany.

Let's find a nice talkative Nazi. He tells us how the Jews are seducing German girls, that they are exploiting German workers. We would accede to the Nazi were we to start saying 'no, no they're not' - the implication being, if they were, he'd be in the right. Some Jews seduced German girls - I hope they both had a good time. Some Jews exploited German workers - why not - that's capitalism, not Judaism.

The Nazi doesn't base his hatred for the Jews on the empirical evidence.

He's just a big f*****g racist.

Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Aug 2012, 4:52 pm

nominalist wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Well thing is, those running the show don't really seem to give a damn.

The idea that there are certain people "running the show" is also a conspiracy theory.

It's actually an objective and demonstrable fact. :?

Although I suppose it's really a question of semantics and how one interprets "people running the show".

It is obvious that many aspects of the world are decided by powerful people who intentionally change things how they see fit--I would say this is mainstream, consensual reality.

On the other extreme, the idea that there are evil kitten-eating lizardmen wearing human masks while they are doing this, etc., is something else.

mds_02
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2012, 5:39 pm

Fnord wrote:
Indeed. The founding fathers owned slaves, denied women the right to vote and own property, and believed that slaughtering people to steal their land was ethical, legal, and moral.

Find me a country, any country, that doesn't have violence or slavery or gender inequality in its past.

Maybe you didn't intend it this way, but I'm tired of hearing this sort of thing talked about as though it were purely an American problem. It's a human issue. Humans, worldwide and throughout history, have always done violence to each other, have always stolen each other's land, have always exploited those lowest on the social totem pole, have always discriminated based on superficial characteristics.

The US certainly isn't innocent. But neither is any other country or culture.

And it feels pretty soft to me. 

Modest Mouse - The View

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2012, 5:45 pm

mds_02 wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Find me a country, any country, that doesn't have violence or slavery or gender inequality in its past.

Maybe you didn't intend it this way, but I'm tired of hearing this sort of thing talked about as though it were purely an American problem. It's a human issue. Humans, worldwide and throughout history, have always done violence to each other, have always stolen each other's land, have always exploited those lowest on the social totem pole, have always discriminated based on superficial characteristics.

The US certainly isn't innocent. But neither is any other country or culture.

Humans are not a lovable lot. We are the smartest baddest apes in the Zoo.

ruveyn

Pyrite
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2012, 7:05 pm

Delphiki wrote:

I have a 1960 encyclopedia Britannica and this British atlas labels the colony "Kenya". It's been called Kenya for a long time.