Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2012, 12:46 am

They were removed form the RNC so that's something. It wasn't tolerated but the far right does attract people who act like that.

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2012, 12:46 am

Do you have the rest of the story? They sound drunk and CNN isn't exactly popular with the GOP support base. Stupid? Yes. Racist? I can't tell yet.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

Max000
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2012, 1:42 am

John_Browning wrote:
Do you have the rest of the story? They sound drunk and CNN isn't exactly popular with the GOP support base. Stupid? Yes. Racist? I can't tell yet.

Click on the link in my original post (anywhere on the quoted text) or just search for it with Google News. Not much more to the story though.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2012, 2:20 am

the dixiecrats and party of lincoln swapped roles.

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2012, 8:59 am

So your going to judge an entire party based on the actions of two ignorant people?

Maybe you should judge MSNBC, who had a habbit of tuning out every time a minority spoke during the convention. http://redalertpolitics.com/2012/08/28/ ... -coverage/

Maybe you should judge the people who put racial slurs on Mia Love's wikipedia page because she is a black republican woman. http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/08 ... z24ymtkiYM

Let's condemn racism from every source, and not say an entire party is reflected in the actions of 2 ignorant individuals.

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2012, 9:05 am

John_Browning wrote:

being drunk is no excuse for doing stupid stuff, cant handle the drink, dont drink.

furthermore i think the fact that they in a state of lesser inhibition utter rascist remarks speaks more about their character than any blood alcohol level ever could.

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2012, 9:08 am

Oodain wrote:
John_Browning wrote:

being drunk is no excuse for doing stupid stuff, cant handle the drink, dont drink.

Robert A. Heinlein once pointed out that drinking is a bad habit. If one drinks one might fire at a tax collector and miss.

ruveyn

simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2012, 10:08 am

It was just two guys. But we've seen it before in 2008. The GOP is now the natural habitat for whatever white supremicists remain. They certainly arent going to back the Democrats, who have 90% of the black vote and just elected the first black President. It's been like that for 40 years.

A few years ago the head of the RNC apologized for the Southern Strategy. The deliberate effort to stir up white resentment to consolidate the south as Republican territory after civil rights was signed. To a white supremecist that wasnt even a coded message. I'm sure many would like them to stfu and go away but it is what it is.

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2012, 12:08 pm

(sigh) It's moments like this that I miss Inuyasha popping in to, "totally demolish," people with his assertions (backed up by evidence taken from Fox News transcripts) that these two people were actually AFL-CIO agitators planted at the convention to discredit the Republicans.

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2012, 12:21 pm

Oodain wrote:
John_Browning wrote:

furthermore i think the fact that they in a state of lesser inhibition utter rascist remarks speaks more about their character than any blood alcohol level ever could.

I agree being drunk doesn't excuse stupidity, but the article does not clearly prove racism was the intent.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

Max000
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2012, 4:53 pm

thewhitrbbit wrote:
So your going to judge an entire party based on the actions of two ignorant people?

The point is, that is the type of people who are attracted to the ideology of the Republican Party. Ignorant policies attract ignorant people. It's not limited to these two. The Republican Party is the party of the stupid.

I don't need to judge the entire party on the actions of two people. I'll judge the Republican party based on their stupid FAIL policies. That they bankrupted the US economy by squandered over four trillion dollars of our money on a stupid war against a country that had done nothing to us, and was of no threat to us. That shows infinitely more ignorants then the actions of these two idiots.

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2012, 5:47 pm

John_Browning wrote:
Oodain wrote:
John_Browning wrote:

I agree being drunk doesn't excuse stupidity, but the article does not clearly prove racism was the intent.

true,(at least in a cut and dry legal sense of the word prove)

we are also talking about two people in a rather large assembly.

thing is i dont think it is as black and white as racist or not, we all have prejudice in one form or another and it is expressed with varying intensities compared to intent between individuas,
i do think that in this particular case we are dealing with people on the stronger side of the prejudice gradient, calling anyone an animal in a derogatory manner is quite frankly dehumanizing, in the most literal sense.

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2012, 6:19 pm

simon_says wrote:
It was just two guys. But we've seen it before in 2008. The GOP is now the natural habitat for whatever white supremicists remain. They certainly arent going to back the Democrats, who have 90% of the black vote and just elected the first black President. It's been like that for 40 years.

A few years ago the head of the RNC apologized for the Southern Strategy. The deliberate effort to stir up white resentment to consolidate the south as Republican territory after civil rights was signed. To a white supremecist that wasnt even a coded message. I'm sure many would like them to stfu and go away but it is what it is.

Actually, most white supremacists are apolitical, and want to secede from the U.S. altogether.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Hopper
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2012, 6:30 pm

How do you mean 'apolitical'?

Obviously its racist.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2012, 6:37 pm

Hopper wrote:
How do you mean 'apolitical'?

Obviously its racist.

They hate the U.S., regardless of who's in power.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!