Are the Muslims really the biggest threat . . .

Page 13 of 16 [ 242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Are Muslims the Biggest threat to the modern world?
Yes 24%  24%  [ 12 ]
No 76%  76%  [ 39 ]
Total votes : 51

TM
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2012, 12:49 pm

I'd say ask the Libyan Ambassador from the US, oh wait, he just got killed by enraged islamists. On the other hand, if followers of Islam want to convince the rest of the world that "Islam is a religion of peace" not killing people, rioting and otherwise reacting with violence every time someone says something negative about Islam is a good start.

Also, it becomes very hard to argue that "attacking "moderate" muslims because of what the extremists do" is wrong, when people who had nothing to do with cartoons or movies get murdered in cold blood. It becomes a bit like Dox arguing that guns are bad when his basement makes Burt Gummer's look like Al Gore's.

DC
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2012, 1:06 pm

Mike_Garrick wrote:
DC wrote:
I did read what you posted, very carefully and several times but still couldn't even begin to wrest some form of coherence out of it. I apologise for taking the piss I should know better on aspie forum to mock people for communication problems especially as I'm a hundred times more literate and coherent in writing than I am verbally. If you were hurt or offended by that I offer you my most sincere apologies, it was meant in jest and I didn't mean to upset you.

I wasn't upset, I honestly thought you were just being a dick. So I responded in kind.

Yup I was and how wonderful that you and I can carry on a conversation, get offended at one another because of what we say and still not feel the need to murder people. It is almost civilised....

Quote:
In my first post I was attempting to explain that allegations of George Bush supporting Mubarak financially and politically may have played a large part in the burning of the US flag as well.
Recently documents have leaked suggesting that George bush "JR" may have tortured and delivered people to Mubarak.
I do not know the specifics of it aside from that they were presumably people who spoke out against Mubarak.
We also have supplied the government there, regardless of who is leading with 1.3 billion dollars annually.
Which from the point of view of the civilians who most likely have yet to see much or any of that money looks fairly bad.

I don't give a crap about your geopolitical beliefs or views, I personally am of the opinion that Blair lied to parliament and the people of Britain about WMD, falsified evidence and should be extradited to the Hague as a war criminal. I don't feel the need to do a Breivik on the Labour Party youth wing because of my displeasure at the actions of this politician.

Quote:
I also attempted to explain that the movie they are upset over was created by the same man who burnt a "stolen" Qur'an simply to piss people off.
This man has seemingly made it his personal goal to instigate violence at every opportunity he can.
In my personal opinion at best this mans right to free speech should be revoked and at worst he should be jailed as his actions alone are responsible for many deaths that otherwise may not have occurred and that as far as I can tell has always been his goal.

For someone who is so ill informed you certainly seem to be very sure of statements, unfortunately you are again completely and utterly wrong. The pastor you are referring to has absolutely nothing to do with this video and speculation about the identity of the person making this film has been rife in the mainstream press. Do you have some secret source of evidence and knowledge about this video that nobody else knows or are you just making up any old rubbish, claiming that it is absolute truth and hoping you won't get called out?

I also happen to fully support the right of any person to criticise, insult or ridicule any religion as much as they want, it is a non-negotiable difference between a liberal secular society and totalitarian theocracy.

Should I also go to prison?

What about Galileo, he shocked and offended the catholic church to the core, death sentence for him or just a lifetime prison sentence and gagging order?

What about Darwin, surely he must but be worse than Galileo as 150 years later idiot christians are still offended by his work and choose instead to create an alternative universe for themselves completely outside of reality so they can pretend he was wrong.

I guess we should burn all schoolbooks as well because people might be offended by the truth and we should all just stick to the bible to answer all questions.
Quote:

Quote:
I'm not sure if you are aware of events in the last few days but in Libya but the 'rioters' didn't just burn a flag they murdered several people including the US ambassador to Libya.

I'm not focusing any hate on people who burn flags or bibles or korans, I don't give a sh** what they burn as long they actually own said object and as long the act of burning that object isn't endangering life or property.

You burn a union flag, I don't care. You drop a cigarette in the middle of dry forest and start a fire that destroys many acres and I think you are an asshat. Simple world view, no hate involved.

I do have very serious moral objections to people that commit murder and property damage on multiple continents to terrorise people into never criticising their backward and morally reprehensible ways.

Just as I have very strong moral objections to the actions of some representatives of the catholic church who castrated young boys to cure them of their homosexuality if the boys complained to anyone that the priest had been repeatedly raping them.

Don't give us any crap US policy or funding or Israeli blah blah blah, these are your exact words from a few pages ago-

As a matter of fact I was not aware.
I still do not know all the details either aside from 4 Americans and 10 local "unmentioned" working as guards were killed.
However I would wager that the people who did this attack were looking for any reason to do so and thus used this event as a scapegoat.

I was defending the group of people who burnt the US embassies flag, which was lead by a person who also helped head the overthrowing of Mubarak.
I do not defend people like the ones responsible for the killing of those 14 people.
DC wrote:
Mike_Garrick wrote:
What exactly happens to someone in America if they publicly burn a US flag exactly?
Last I checked they were lucky not to be beat to death by a mob.

That's a flag. Not even a holy, spiritual item. Just a flag.

Mike_Garrick wrote:
Try burning a bible in front of a bunch of Christians or Catholics and your not likely to leave there in one piece.

Multiple people have called you out on this and asked you to provide any evidence of your extraordinary claims and all you have done is completely ignore them and spout evasive rubbish.

Come up with evidence for riots and mass murders caused by the burning of an american flag or bible or talmut or retract your absurd statements.

I have in fact responded, my response is that I can find no statistical evidence.
However I have known people who would beat someone within an inch of their life for doing so.
I was basing that comment from personal experience.
I would also like to note that the US has on more then one occasion tried to make burning a US flag a jailable offense.

So you do admit that you were pulling those statements out of your ass with absolutely no evidence

Quote:

I do not defend the taliban, the people responsible for 9/11 or similar occurrences.
I also do not defend the US, or peoples reaction to such events.
However I am trying to defend the people who are unfortunately stuck in the middle of this conflict.
That includes the ones who are pushed over the edge into acts of violence due to the constant harassment by media and people.

So tell me why is it that christians get hundreds of times more abuse and ridicule about religion and never murder people because of it but even the incorrect suggestion that the prophet may have been insulted is enough to push muslims into acts of random murder and terrorism?

Pathetic bunch of brainwashed psychos and you are defending them, nice morals.

Quote:
It also includes the ones who we label as terrorists because they fought us when we started dragging their neighbors out of their homes in the middle of the night and feared for their families.

It does not mean I always agree with their choices, it simply means I understand why after being pushed into a corner and feeling they had no other recourse to be heard they would feel that violence was the only way to make themselves heard over the hate.

I feel that someone has to speak on their behalf even if no one will listen, unfortunately politically there are very few who are willing to do so.
Doubly unfortunate is that I possibly sometimes do more harm then good in my attempts.

So you make up a bunch of lies about people being murdered for burning american flags or bibles and then defend murders and terrorists because it's not their fault they murder people, they are the poor persecuted victims here.

I'd say you are spot on about doing more harm than good! :lol:

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2012, 2:18 pm

DC wrote:
So you make up a bunch of lies about people being murdered for burning american flags or bibles and then defend murders and terrorists because it's not their fault they murder people, they are the poor persecuted victims here.

That's the thing - if they did have faith, it wouldn't be tested by people questioning it peacefully.

The fact that they kill people who "insult" it just shows what violent, dangerous, insecure, hateful fanatics they really are.

Mike_Garrick
Toucan
Toucan

13 Sep 2012, 3:51 pm

I'm not sure why I bother, I'm not a particularly good debater and ignorant hateful people will be ignorant hateful people no matter what.

PS. Christians not going around murdering people in the name of god for any reason that passed their fancy that day is a rather new concept, only a few hundred years old and they still slip back into it every now and then.

DC
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2012, 5:16 pm

Mike_Garrick wrote:
I'm not sure why I bother, I'm not a particularly good debater and ignorant hateful people will be ignorant hateful people no matter what.

PS. Christians not going around murdering people in the name of god for any reason that passed their fancy that day is a rather new concept, only a few hundred years old and they still slip back into it every now and then.

And where in anything I have said in this thread do you pull 'ignorant and hateful' from.

You are the one lying completely in the thread, you are the one completely ignorant of the murder of the US ambassador and obsessing about a flag and you are the one that is defending murder of innocent people using your hatred of the US.

Congratulations on having the decency to admit that you could find no evidence to support position for extra points would you care to change your views or are you going to demonstrate that ignorant hateful liars will be ignorant hateful liars no matter what even after they have admitted they were wrong?

Hopper
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2012, 5:35 pm

I'm sure there's many Christians who'd be more than happy to give you an early exit if you burned a bible in front of them.

Of course, Capitalism and The Market is/are the most pernicious religion, and pose the biggest threat. They have the call to prayer at least every half hour on the rolling news, reading out obscure names and numbers, after which theologians are invited to discern the meaning therein. They are actively killed for, and lives are sacrificed so capital can flow. There's even an invisible hand, for f**k's sake.

DC
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2012, 5:41 pm

Tequila wrote:
DC wrote:

That's the thing - if they did have faith, it wouldn't be tested by people questioning it peacefully.

The fact that they kill people who "insult" it just shows what violent, dangerous, insecure, hateful fanatics they really are.

It does seem to be more the action of a system that is closer to fascism or Stalinism than something that is compatible with modern secular democratic values doesn't it?

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2012, 6:03 pm

The Ayn Rand cult is more dangerous. Not only do they celebrate terrorism but their influence risks destroying the economy.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2012, 6:08 pm

xenon13 wrote:
The Ayn Rand cult is more dangerous. Not only do they celebrate terrorism but their influence risks destroying the economy.

If anarcho capitalism was ever realised it would be a thousand times bleaker than anything experienced under the darkest days of Hitler, Stalin, Mao or the Kim Dynasty combined.

Imagine a society without legally protected workers rights where even the most basic amenities and dependencies of life are subject to price and private ownership.

Thats the sort of society that advocates of 'pure' capitalism want to bring about. My favourite cultural depiction is the game 'bioshock', which is a pure capitalist society without government. In it the society has torn itself apart because the wealthy have become lazy, inhumane and indolent while the dispossesed working class was eroded, stunted and pushed to the fringes.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2012, 6:17 pm

I don't know if I would rather live under sharia law than some hyper-capitalist dystopia.

If I got to be male, I'd choose sharia law.

BroodQueen
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Sep 2012, 6:19 pm

our own senate has stated that christianity is a bigger threat to america and the world at large than muslims so no.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2012, 6:27 pm

puddingmouse wrote:
I don't know if I would rather live under sharia law than some hyper-capitalist dystopia.

If I got to be male, I'd choose sharia law.

To be honest its a tough call to make but if we're brutally honest with ourselves here and ask ourselves the question who has the biggest stake in global power, the islamic clerics or the western lassez faire economic league of bankers, plutocrats and ideologues then really it is a no brainer.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2012, 6:40 pm

Some say the Jews are the biggest threat but we all know this is false.No religious group is a threat its the fanatics that impose their religion on others who forse others to convert or die

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2012, 6:41 pm

xenon13 wrote:

Nonsense.

ruveyn

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2012, 7:54 pm

xenon13 wrote:

I don't know about terrorism but they sure seem to be into pirates right now.
especially that horsesass Peter Leeson.

Their hungry thirsty roots??

http://jakobvirgil.blogspot.com/

rpcarnell
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Sep 2012, 7:55 pm

Any religion or ideology that resorts to censorship or violence when criticized is absolutely a threat, and also ridiculous.