Page 21 of 28 [ 448 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 28  Next

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2013, 12:23 am

KinetiK wrote:
Yes I'm sure it's just a coincidence you see Confederate flags plastered all over Stormfront.

There are probably people that take pride in the flag and aren't bigots. In fact, they might be the majority. But if you do take pride in it, then you probably have a bunch of other stupid views. It will severely limit my interest in getting to know you as a person. I speak from experience living in Tennessee, Alabama, and Georgia, and being around some of these Confederate flag lovers. They're not the brightest bulbs.

You have the right to fly that flag all you want and rationalize it all you want. I also have the right to think you're an ignorant, uneducated redneck for doing so.

Yep, everybody has a right to be wrong. I'm far from ignorant or uneducated, and while I may have a few redneck behaviors I'm not quite trailer trash or countrified. In this assumption about me, you are entirely wrong, not that it matters to me what you think since you seem to want to sort people into groups that you have decided the beliefs and opinions of.

Good luck with that attitude in real life.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2013, 12:25 am

Appleisbetter wrote:
i thought it represented the DUKE boys of hazard county. :D

No, no. It represents the General Lee though.

Speaking of which, I've seen about a dozen of those cars painted like that in my life. It's cool looking and all but if I were going to have a car from an old tv show I would pick KITT from Knightrider. I loved KITT.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2013, 12:37 am

OliveOilMom wrote:
Appleisbetter wrote:

Speaking of which, I've seen about a dozen of those cars painted like that in my life. It's cool looking and all but if I were going to have a car from an old tv show I would pick KITT from Knightrider. I loved KITT.

And to film that series they had to buy up every 1968-69 Charger they could find and destroyed most of them doing stunts.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2013, 12:53 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0m0hTrtlWM&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/youtube]

Just for fun.
You wouldn't drive around here like that without some kind of skid plate,knock a hole in the pan right off.Shame about all those old Chargers getting trashed.I had a 65 Impala SS,wish I still did.What a car.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2013, 1:16 am

Misslizard wrote:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0m0hTrtlWM&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/youtube]

Just for fun.
You wouldn't drive around here like that without some kind of skid plate,knock a hole in the pan right off.Shame about all those old Chargers getting trashed.I had a 65 Impala SS,wish I still did.What a car.

Blasphemy to wreck those old Chargers, just plain blasphemy.
I myself own a '63 Plymouth Valiant, which I have been keeping alive when any sane person would have let it die in the last twenty years.
MOPAR or no car!

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2013, 9:30 am

OliveOilMom wrote:
Appleisbetter wrote:

I'd take the Batmobile.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2013, 9:32 am

Misslizard wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Kraichgauer,I never heard of Nathan night either,he sounds interesting.

And KinetiK,I never preached about any of those things you mention,the Christian and family values spiel. I'm for the right of anyone to fly whatever they want to,it's their right in a free country.You don't have to like it.

What of the other Union men in the South? How are they regarded today?

No mention really,nothing bad. Except no one likes Sherman or Grant.

No-one wants fifty dollar bills?

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2013, 10:46 am

If the country flags represent the state then they are evil. They reason why slavery was abolished because it was more inefficient. To keep slaves, you had to feed, them house them, take care of their health and make sure they do not escape. The union side had a far better system. Let the people create wealth, and tax them. Free range slaves. Union free range slaves was not only richer but more willing to die in combat for a more morale system.

But a tax slave is still a slave. (

Appeal to emotion.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2013, 11:08 am

Misslizard wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

And KinetiK,I never preached about any of those things you mention,the Christian and family values spiel. I'm for the right of anyone to fly whatever they want to,it's their right in a free country.You don't have to like it.

We've been around and around on General Sherman, but why do the Southrons grunt about Grant? Granted, I certainly don't condone his cigar smoking, but he was a MUCH better president than that idiot Andrew Johnson.

Who is the South's favourite Union general? McClellan, because he was a loser?

I suppose that we could take the Raptor approach, and take Southern disdain for our generals as a high compliment.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2013, 11:08 am

ArrantPariah wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

No-one wants fifty dollar bills?

I prefer Franklin,that dude is all right.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2013, 11:24 am

AP,I don't remember honoring any Union General.
But I do honor my family that served under both the Union and the Confederacy in Missouri and Arkansas.

The bill you see in my curio cabinet is worth more than ten dollars today.Wish I had a pile of them.

Sovereign
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Mar 2013, 6:01 am

I guess I should chime in here since I'm black.

The rebel flag is a symbol of racism for some, and a symbol of pride for others. Symbols like the rebel flag can be interpreted in many different ways, so what you believe the flag represents is ultimately a subjective matter. If you wish to display the rebel flag, do so proudly because that's your constitutional right as an American.

For me . . . the flag itself means nothing. I'm more interested in the character of the person behind it. And to be honest, I have yet to encounter someone displaying this flag who wasn't a racist. But to be fair, I live up north and have never been down south, so it would be foolish of me to categorize every southerner who owns this flag as a racist based on my own limited experiences.

If there are a lot of southerners out there that maintain a connection to this flag, but aren't racists, that's good to know. Keep doing your thing.

Just be mindful that many people (both black and white) will interpret the rebel flag as being a symbol of racism and oppression, and they will make judgements about you and your family if you display it. Because like it or not, the rebel flag is always going to be linked to slavery on some level. One of the darkest periods in our great nation's history.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2013, 6:10 am

Sovereign wrote:
I guess I should chime in here since I'm black.

The rebel flag is a symbol of racism for some, and a symbol of pride for others. Symbols like the rebel flag can be interpreted in many different ways, so what you believe the flag represents is ultimately a subjective matter. If you wish to display the rebel flag, do so proudly because that's your constitutional right as an American.

For me . . . the flag itself means nothing. I'm more interested in the character of the person behind it. And to be honest, I have yet to encounter someone displaying this flag who wasn't a racist. But to be fair, I live up north and have never been down south, so it would be foolish of me to categorize every southerner who owns this flag as a racist based on my own limited experiences.

If there are a lot of southerners out there that maintain a connection to this flag, but aren't racists, that's good to know. Keep doing your thing.

Just be mindful that many people (both black and white) will interpret the rebel flag as being a symbol of racism and oppression, and they will make judgements about you and your family if you display it. Because like it or not, the rebel flag is always going to be linked to slavery on some level. One of the darkest periods in our great nation's history.

Thank you for a black American perspective. Welcome to WP. 8)

Sovereign
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Mar 2013, 6:18 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Thank you for a black American perspective. Welcome to WP. 8)

Not a problem sir, and I appreciate the welcome. Thank you.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2013, 10:40 am

Thank you for your input Sovereign,I don't have a flag but think that one has the right to if they want.I'm sorry that racists use it.I wish they didn't,many people have ancestors that fought for the Confederacy and never owned slaves,if they want to honor their families past I think that's their right.

Sovereign
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Mar 2013, 11:16 am

Misslizard wrote:
Thank you for your input Sovereign,I don't have a flag but think that one has the right to if they want.I'm sorry that racists use it.I wish they didn't,many people have ancestors that fought for the Confederacy and never owned slaves,if they want to honor their families past I think that's their right.

Hey there, Misslizard.

I agree completely with you. No one should be stripped of this right just because the racists are more vocal than people like yourself who only wish to honor fallen ancestors. And of course I'm not fond of racists at all, but I'll still defend their right to hold racist view points (so long as their thoughts / fantasies remain as such). I've learned a long time ago that you can't combat racism by forcing racists to like you. All you can is educate them, and hope their kids are more accepting.