Page 3 of 14 [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2012, 7:22 pm

Oodain wrote:
how is the actual climate amongst the american public? is it somethign that is in focus or is it largely ignored?

The conservatives seem embarrassed that the best they can do is Mitt Romney, and the liberals seem quite confident that Barack Obama will be re-elected. Otherwise, watching two ordinary citizens from opposite parties debate the election is like watching a dog chase a cat on a hot day -- neither of them seems comfortable about it, and they're both walking.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

enrico_dandolo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2012, 7:28 pm

AceOfSpades wrote:
enrico_dandolo wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:
Now that there's an equivalent to that right wing nutjob thread, it's a problem all the sudden.

I didn't know there was one. I just saw it, actually. I only read threads that have just started.

However, the other one seems to have been started as a funny thread.
This thread is more of a rant than satire but they're both about throwing dirt at the other side. I dunno about you but I was laughing my ass at the ones about Che Guevara shirts and Communism.

I found the Che Guevera one funny ten years ago when I first heard it. The contradiction with either peace, justice, what have you, is there, it's just been done before. Often. Way too often.

The statement about communism is funny, I'll admit, but it would have been funnier if said by someone would believed in said statement.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2012, 12:44 am

When you sympathize with terrorists and also want an open border between USA and Mexico.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2012, 1:01 am

CyborgUprising wrote:
Fnord wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:
Now that there's an equivalent to that right wing nutjob thread, it's a problem all the sudden.

You noticed that too?

I think it correlates with the fact that while 52% of WP members would vote for Mr. Obama, only 7% would vote for Mr. Romney.

There is a definite pro-liberal bias among the WP membership.

Why are only 59% of WP users voting (and where is the statistical data confirming this number?)? We need to improve the voter turnout here...

I am the 1%...who votes for a certain Lovecraftian cosmic entity.

Staying with the topic:
...you feel capital punishment is inhumane and needs to be abolished.

Because there are third parties.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2012, 1:26 am

On the topic...

You believe that in every single political issue can be framed in terms of "evil oppressors" and "innocent victims".

To be fair this kind of thinking isn't completely unique to the left but it is a true stereotype at times.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2012, 1:43 am

When you are against the first amendment via political corectness and against the second amendment.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

JNathanK
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2012, 3:07 am

Oodain wrote:
this highlights your prejudices as well as those of your "targets"

and before you start, i barely think anyone that takes the current political left/right system seriously is borderline moronic.

+1 Yah, I'm tired of right wingers acting like they have a monopoly on Thomas Paine too. I guess we can thank that manic depressive, period costume wearing loudmouth on Fox News for that.

JNathanK
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2012, 3:14 am

AspieOtaku wrote:
When you are against the first amendment via political correctness and against the second amendment.

"Political correctness" is just a buzz world right wingers use to bludgeon their detractors with. In the USSR, those who didn't tow the party line were considered politically incorrect. This isn't behavior right wingers are immune to. Maybe to some right wingers, not being an obnoxious, misogynistic loud mouth who makes fun of ret*d people is politically incorrect, as its against their party line and dogma.

JNathanK
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2012, 3:19 am

AspieOtaku wrote:
When you sympathize with terrorists and also want an open border between USA and Mexico.

Ah, yah precisely true to the right wing. They sympathize with terrorists like the Contras, Muhajadeen, and Saudi royal family, and they want open, unregulated trade between the US and Mexico, even if it undermines the autonomy and strength of both economies.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2012, 7:17 am

I like tea.

Now there is something useful in this thread, as well.

marshall wrote:
You believe that in every single political issue can be framed in terms of "evil oppressors" and "innocent victims".

Actually, I believe the problem with this thread (and it's right-wing equivalent) is the common US belief that every single political issue can be framed in terms of "liberal" and "conservative".

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2012, 7:57 am

GGPViper wrote:
Actually, I believe the problem with this thread (and it's right-wing equivalent) is the common US belief that every single political issue can be framed in terms of "liberal" and "conservative".

Exactly - when an awful lot of "liberals" really aren't very liberal at all and "conservatives" tend to be socially conservative religious types.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2012, 10:14 am

GGPViper wrote:
I like tea.

Now there is something useful in this thread, as well.

marshall wrote:

Actually, it can be. Just ask Inuyasha.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2012, 11:35 am

JNathanK wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
When you are against the first amendment via political correctness and against the second amendment.

"Political correctness" is just a buzz world right wingers use to bludgeon their detractors with. In the USSR, those who didn't tow the party line were considered politically incorrect. This isn't behavior right wingers are immune to. Maybe to some right wingers, not being an obnoxious, misogynistic loud mouth who makes fun of ret*d people is politically incorrect, as its against their party line and dogma.

A lot of right wingers like to whinge that they are being "silenced" when they are simply told that they are obnoxious, insensitive, offensive, etc... to which I say pffffffffffft, cry me a river. Somehow to them "freedom of speech" and "tolerance" means you have to be perfectly polite and respectful with them when their very views are oh so respectful. :roll: It's not like you're going to be locked up and sent to a forcible re-education camp so pulling the "free speech" card all the time is frankly stupid.

Ancalagon
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2012, 6:34 pm

enrico_dandolo wrote:
I found the Che Guevera one funny ten years ago when I first heard it.

I found it funny when I first read it, too. It's just that I first read it 5 minutes ago.

If you've heard a funny joke before, that doesn't make it unfunny.

Quote:
The contradiction with either peace, justice, what have you, is there, it's just been done before. Often. Way too often.

This describes quite a large category of jokes. I don't think saying 'it's been done before' is particularly meaningful if you're going to cast such a wide net. Better to say you just dislike that category of joke.

JNathanK wrote:
"Political correctness" is just a buzz world right wingers use to bludgeon their detractors with.

1) Left wingers have their own buzzwords they like to bludgeon opponents with.

2) Political correctness is a useful concept -- the idea that sometimes politicians sometimes say certain things to appear good, and that appearances are sometimes deceiving. I'm not saying it's never misused, just that it's a useful idea when it isn't.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2012, 8:18 pm

- You know you are a leftwing nutjob when you can't laugh at yourself but find anything that bashes your left wing views to be highly offensive.

- You know you're a leftwing nutjob when you think anyone that disagrees with you is a right-wing extremist. (Wait guess you wouldn't realize it at that point).

- You know you're a leftwing nutjob when you start talking like Bill Maher.

- You make shrines to Al Gore and altars to worship Obama.

Anyways I found the Rightwing thread to be rather amusing at times, just didn't bother posting on it. I just find it interesting so many people are getting offended by this thread.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2012, 9:56 pm