Veteran

04 Nov 2012, 9:22 pm

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2012/10/g ... -computing

Just saying...

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2012, 9:24 pm

Well ... teh 'merkins did invent teh interwebz ...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2012, 9:36 pm

*French.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2012, 10:53 pm

No thanks ... I don't like tongue.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

DerStadtschutz
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2012, 11:17 pm

lol, I thought you meant the US government was trying to suggest they own the clouds in the sky...

Who gives a s**t about "cloud computing anyway?" Isn't this the same BS we used to use before home PC's had decent hard drives? The "cloud" sounds just like a MAINFRAME/server to me. This means nothing.

If for some reason I needed to be able to access stuff on my home computer remotely, it's called FTP. It's also called remote desktop and file sharing. Whoopty friggin' doo. Oh also, the fact that the government is checking to see what files you have put on the cloud isn't surprising one bit.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2012, 2:21 am

<snarl>
Makes me hope Anonymous takes out some DOJ data. Wish I had the skills to do it myself.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2012, 4:30 am

Another reason why I prefer a big-ass hard drive rather than cloud computing. Even if everything was AES encrypted, I still wouldn't trust anyone with my data.

My LinkedIn once got hacked in a big security breach, and even with the sparse information I had stored there, hackers were able to hack my e-mail account :evil:. Good thing I didn't use the same password for PayPal...

It's not paranoia if they really are out to get you...

EDIT: And now Anonymous has apparently hacked PayPal and published the passwords of thousands of accounts :evil:. as*holes.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2012, 9:57 am

Seems they leaked the hashed passwords and other data, you should be safe as long as your password is strong OR you change it soon enough.

Either way, they are idiots, I wouldn't make my freedom depend on them.

DerStadtschutz
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2012, 2:49 pm

Vexcalibur wrote:
Seems they leaked the hashed passwords and other data, you should be safe as long as your password is strong OR you change it soon enough.

but of course they are. They're so stupid they can get into things most people can't... That makes so much sense.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2012, 2:57 pm

DerStadtschutz wrote:
Vexcalibur wrote:

but of course they are. They're so stupid they can get into things most people can't... That makes so much sense.

They are people who preach accountability while not being accountable themselves.

They are people who preach freedom of speech while limiting the freedom of speech of others.

They are people who preach privacy while undermining the privacy of others.

I admit that "Idiots" is not a sufficient label. A more accurate label would be "Hypocritical narcissistic pieces of s**t".

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2012, 3:05 pm

DerStadtschutz wrote:
Vexcalibur wrote:

Yeah, my problem is that the word "idiota" around here is closer to as*hole in translation than to "stupid".

But they are sort of stupid anyway. Do you remember the last time their "hacktivism" caused anything useful to happen? OOOH. IN REVENGE FOR MEGAUPLOAD Let us DDOS NBC! The net result is that some sites of TV companies that nobody visits anyway were down for a couple of hours, megaupload on the other hand, stayed completely down and still is.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2012, 9:42 pm

So, anonymous hacking paypal was a false rumor.

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/11/0 ... ck-paypal/

It seemed suspicious that I couldn't find the leaked passwords anywhere in the web. Normally the powers that be of the internet are not so good removing these things, and once anonymous leaks something, it appears everywhere, but today, I couldn't find it

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2012, 9:47 pm

It is a little amusing that a DDOS that takes down a site- even for a few hours- is described in the media as a 'major attack.'