Page 1 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2012, 5:22 pm

Sometimes cops do beat up peaceful protesters. Sometimes the cops do focus too much on giving out speeding tickets and not enough on preventing violent crimes. I know the solution - improve the cops.

The war on drugs needs to be put to an end so that cops focus on preventing violent crimes. The rules about who can and can't be a cop need to be stricter. The training programs that cops go through need to be more intense. Those improved training programs would cost money but we could make that money by adopting non-interventionist foreign policy.

There are many violent criminals in the streets but there are also a lot of bumbling cops. If the cops were improved then both problems would be solved.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

blackelk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Oct 2012, 5:34 pm

I would trust my safety to people randomly picked out of a phonebook or any other kind of database, than I would a cop.

A cop is a certain type of animal. They are people who feel the need to exercise control and power over people. Something I have no desire to do. And that is exactly why they are as*holes. Anyone who even wants to be a cop is an as*hole imo.

Cops are some of the most petty and vindictive people there are. They are allergic to criticism, and take the smallest resistance or back talk to them personally. They are incredibly insecure and power hungry, that's why they become cops in the first place. The profession will always attract those kind of meathead, bully types.

enrico_dandolo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2012, 5:55 pm

I agree.

How?

LeeAnderson
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2012, 6:29 pm

blackelk wrote:
I would trust my safety to people randomly picked out of a phonebook or any other kind of database, than I would a cop.

A cop is a certain type of animal. They are people who feel the need to exercise control and power over people. Something I have no desire to do. And that is exactly why they are as*holes. Anyone who even wants to be a cop is an as*hole imo.

Cops are some of the most petty and vindictive people there are. They are allergic to criticism, and take the smallest resistance or back talk to them personally. They are incredibly insecure and power hungry, that's why they become cops in the first place. The profession will always attract those kind of meathead, bully types.

I completely agree. In my opinion the cops are not my friendly protectors or defenders. They are my enemy, someone to be on the lookout for and avoided at all possible times.

blackelk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Oct 2012, 6:39 pm

LeeAnderson wrote:
blackelk wrote:

I completely agree. In my opinion the cops are not my friendly protectors or defenders. They are my enemy, someone to be on the lookout for and avoided at all possible times.

They are more of an impediment to the community than a service. I live in a neighborhood that sees little serious crime, so the main job of cops here is to find the smallest little thing to extract money from the populace. And they are enemies of the community because of it. My neighborhood is not really poverty stricken, but it is definitely below the state and national median income level. The economy is tough, there are few good jobs here. And what are the cops doing? Preying on people going to work, just trying to live their lives and get by. They literally go out looking for the smallest infraction to get money from people. Even a seatbelt ticket here will cost you at least $150. A speeding ticket, twice that. Most of this country lives paycheck to paycheck and these scumbag cops are tightening the screws on them. It is despicable. I have no respect for them. They are callous as*holes with no heart or brain. I really wish more people would see them as what they really are. Their job is not honorable.

LeeAnderson
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2012, 6:44 pm

What can we do about it though? When you are forced to ask yourself that, you realize that we are so far from being "free."

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2012, 8:08 pm

Wow, now that you mention it, writing out tickets doesn't do a thing for public safety. Does the government just need the money and feel the need to take instead of ask?

I don't see how everyone who puts on a uniform is a bad person though, I've met cops who aren't d-bags. In fact my cousin is a cop in New Mexico and he's the only non-asshole from my aunt's family.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2012, 8:31 pm

LeeAnderson wrote:
blackelk wrote:

Well that actually depends where you live, cause I know some cops that are pretty decent individuals, by the same token I know a few cops that are real dirtbags.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2012, 9:43 pm

Oink oink oink the pigs need to go back to the farm.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2012, 10:26 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:

Contrary to what you people have been lead to believe, not every cop is a sadistic jerk on a power trip.

Yes, I actually know at least one cop that fits the stereotype you are mentioning, my ex-uncle (the slimeball my Aunt married years ago).

That said I have a retired cop that lives in my neighborhood, and he is a fairly nice guy.

Police officers are like everyone else, they are just people. Some Police Officers are good people, some are very bad individuals.

LeeAnderson
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2012, 10:32 pm

Oh you're bringing out the "I have cop family members" card, guys...

Two of my uncles are cops, my brother's on his way to becoming a cop. I still don't like cops. Maybe it's because I'm unbiased despite the opportunity for bias.. *shrugs*

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2012, 10:36 pm

LeeAnderson wrote:
Oh you're bringing out the "I have cop family members" card, guys...

Two of my uncles are cops, my brother's on his way to becoming a cop. I still don't like cops. Maybe it's because I'm unbiased despite the opportunity for bias.. *shrugs*

I said my ex-uncle, my aunt divorced him, and yeah he is a scumbag.

I'm saying there is a cop that lives in my neighborhood and he's a nice guy. So I've seen good cops and bad cops.

enrico_dandolo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2012, 10:54 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:

Contrary to what you people have been lead to believe, not every cop is a sadistic jerk on a power trip.

Yes, I actually know at least one cop that fits the stereotype you are mentioning, my ex-uncle (the slimeball my Aunt married years ago).

That said I have a retired cop that lives in my neighborhood, and he is a fairly nice guy.

Police officers are like everyone else, they are just people. Some Police Officers are good people, some are very bad individuals.

True.

But ALL policemen adhere to the law, just or unjust, as if it was infallible, without the slightest amount of judgement.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2012, 10:59 pm

Everyone hates the cops till someone steals your car or breaks into your house.Some are jack-asses,some are not.If the laws are bad try and change them.I've known some power hungry jerks and some real nice ones.But if some scumbag is robbing a store are you going to be brave enough to go in and stop it?Make a civilian's arrest?I'm not,I'm chicken-s$&t ,I'm going to run the other way.They are a nescacary evil,it would be great if we didn't need them.Unfortunately there are thieves,rapists,murderers and child molesters out there,get rid of them and we could be cop free.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2012, 10:59 pm

I saw what happens first hand when you have an anti-police brutality protest in my city....cops were on that sh*t riot gear and everything, which probably distracted from all the people smoking pot in the area. But yeah the tend to overstep their power at times, I thought they were supposed to serve and protect not Persecute and Intimidate

LeeAnderson
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2012, 11:01 pm

I'm just saying, we're not as free as we think we are. Don't you guys pay attention to the news? Anaheim?