Just not discussed 44%  44%  [ 15 ]
Somewhat discouraged 9%  9%  [ 3 ]
Violently discouraged 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 34

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2012, 7:04 am

People rarely have to be encouraged to have sex of any sort.

Although, I would love to see the PSAs designed to "promote" homosexuality.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2012, 8:04 am

XFilesGeek wrote:

Although, I would love to see the PSAs designed to "promote" homosexuality.

You have to go to specific websites.

The videos promoting Lesbianism are really quite beautifully, and dare I say tastefully, done.

The chicks are gorgeous, and I couldn't think of a single thing that they were doing to each other that I wouldn't like to participate in myself.

Well, maybe I'd pass on the strap-on stuff, even if it was stimulating to watch.

echinopsis
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Nov 2012, 8:40 am

what the hell.. also: what the hell does "promote" and "discourage" even mean here? you cant tell a straight person to be gay and you cant tell a gay person to be straight - because they are not. people are who they are and like what they like and whatever politics you invent to interfere with their private life are just violating their rights as citizens.

there is a certain percentage of homosexual people in the human population, and a majority of people who is heterosexual. homosexuality has been around for ages, it doesnt suddenly disappear from the gene pool and it doesnt suddenly spread to everyone who will then stop reproducing or whatever the notion in this thread might have been, because most people simply arent gay and they wont suddenly "choose" to be. neither will harassment or legal discrimination of homosexuals result in them "choosing" to be straight. the same is true for asexual or bisexual people.

as long as no one is mentally or physically hurt due to it, other peoples sex life is none of anyones, especially none of the governements, business. at all.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2012, 8:55 am

[quote="ArrantPariah"]Repugnicans seem a bit hypocritical, in being both anti-gay and anti-abortion. With strictly gay sex, abortion is moot.

Repugnicans are against any form of sex,they split in half like amoebas,or maybe they come out of pods.Or they just emerge from the primordial ooze,very primitive creatures.

Lord_Gareth
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Nov 2012, 9:10 am

Raptor wrote:
Guess what my vote was.
:twisted:

Raptor, we're well aware that like many other Americans you equate 'patriotism' with the systemic oppression of people that have done no wrong to you. There's no need to brag about being despicable.

Deno
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

09 Nov 2012, 9:42 am

This topic in my opinion is debated way more then need be. People need to stop being so judgemental and let people live. So what if you can't handle seeing two men or women kiss, hold holds, or be intimate? Don't look! Just because a lot of people feel strongly against it absolutely does not mean it should be discouraged in any way. Discouraging such things leads to people that think it's evil and that god hates it and stuff like that which is complete rubbish. The god people preach about apparently has endless love for everyone. The idea of him hating gays is insane.

People need to be left to do what they want to do. Just because people can't get over how unnatural it looks to you doesn't mean it should be discouraged, and absolutely not illegal. We have the freedom to love whoever the hell we want.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2012, 1:45 pm

We should really promote homosexuality among military personnel, as a means of improving discipline, morale, and fighting effectiveness.

Among ancient civilizations, the Hebrews may have been the most noteably homophobic. In their war against the Midianites

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?se ... ersion=GNT

they kept alive for themselves captured Midianite virgin girls, and murdered everyone else.

They did annihilate a lot of the various peoples who inhabited what was then known as Canaan, but never did a complete ethic cleansing. And, they never went and conquered people much beyond their borders. Unlike the Persians, Assyrians, Greeks, Bablyonians, Romans, and just about everyone who was anyone in the region.

The Hebrews did have something of a pederastic relationship with Yahweh--their male deity. If they ever failed to do everything they could to please Yahweh, then Yahweh would punish them severely, and they would be made to feel guilty about it.

Contrast that with, for example, the military of the gay Greeks. If you read, for example, Xenophon's Anabasis,

http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/ancient/ ... abasis.asp

you'll find that Greek soldiers were much more likely to keep alive for themselves captured boys than girls.

When he united the gay Greeks behind him, Alexander the Great conquered the Persian empire, and even entered India and Afghanistan. The sissy homophobic Hebrews never got that far, and were even conquered by the Assyrians, Babylonians and Romans.

Sodomy was a key feature of the British navy, and contributed greatly towards Brittania ruling the waves.

If American soldiers had been buggering each other in Vietnam, instead of raping girls and women and copulating with female prostitutes, then American soldiers might have had a keener attention to duty, and might not have lost the war.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2012, 1:51 pm

Deno wrote:
This topic in my opinion is debated way more then need be. People need to stop being so judgemental and let people live. So what if you can't handle seeing two men or women kiss, hold holds, or be intimate? Don't look!

There are limits though, when it inconveniences/frightens other people or where it crosses the boundaries of good taste. And those boundaries should be set regardless of the sexual orientation or proclivities of the people involved.

It's not necessarily particularly pleasant watching a man and a woman all over each other either, but within certain limits you just tend to ignore it. I wouldn't want to see people trying to indulge in noisy dogging sessions in a packed car park right next to a children's nursery in the middle of the afternoon, for example.

Last edited by Tequila on 09 Nov 2012, 1:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2012, 1:52 pm

Oh that Spartan love!!The new military pants will have two zippers.one in the front,one in the rear.It will give new meaning to"protect your right flank",And of course there is this oldie"If Turkey was attacked from the rear would Greece help?"

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2012, 2:01 pm

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2012, 2:28 pm

[quote="ArrantPariah"]

When he united the gay Greeks behind him, Alexander the Great

Do you mean that literally?(snicker)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2012, 2:35 pm

Why do I suddenly have the mental image of all the actors from "300" forming a conga line?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2012, 2:39 pm

Lord_Gareth wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Guess what my vote was.
:twisted:

Raptor, we're well aware that like many other Americans you equate 'patriotism' with the systemic oppression of people that have done no wrong to you. There's no need to brag about being despicable.

Most people who think that homosexuality should continue to be illegal feel that way because the risk of getting caught makes it that much more exciting and intensifies the feelings of arousal.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2012, 3:22 pm

The best way to promote anything is to put a compassionate, caring, and friendly face on it.

Romney's campaign featured robocalls and telemarketers.

Obama's campaign featured real, live people knocking on the doors in their neighborhoods.

Which candidate won the election?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2012, 3:26 pm

Fnord wrote:
Romney's campaign featured robocalls and telemarketers.

Who the hell calls their kids "Mitt" to begin with? Poor bastard never really had a chance right there.

Fnord wrote:
Obama's campaign featured real, live people knocking on the doors in their neighborhoods.

No candidate actually bothers coming round here now. It's not worth it to them.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2012, 3:32 pm

Maybe if homosexual missionaries went door-to-door, like the Mormons do.