Page 2 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2012, 6:35 pm

It's far from exact because one day you go see the psychiatrist and he says, "take these anti-depressant pills every day. Let me know how you feel in a month."
You go back after a month and tell him you're suicidal. He goes, "hmm, then try these pills for a month."
You go back after a month and say, "Hey doc, I slashed my wrist yesterday." He'll go, "hmm, you'd better try these pills for a month."
He doesn't know. He's just guessing, like years ago when they thought I was LFA when I'm really HFA.

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2012, 6:47 pm

^ Heh, I can relate. The best line from a doctor that I got was, "take this course of vitamins for 6 months." Me: "But, doctor, I said that I want to die today..." Ok, I didn't say the last line due to not wanting to be locked up, but maybe I should have.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2012, 8:31 pm

bigwheel wrote:
Well the fossil record do not align itself with the false science in question. The fossil record reveals traumatic sudden Creation and Extinction. There is a total lack of "transitional forms" even among the invertebrates let alone among veterbrates. Now there are a few hoaxes around Like Lucy which somebody have to be real dumb to fall for that one.

Fossils form only under particular circumstances. They form an intermittent and incomplete record of the changes that took place over 3 billion years. Variation and natural selection has been demonstrated in real time for organisms that have a very short reproductive cycle. The theory is sound although it might not be complete. The nail will be hammered home when we can create life from non-living substances. That will demonstrate the possibility of abiogenesis. First life emerges from the non-living and then it varies by an interaction of mutation and natural selection.

Our forbears we know for sure go back 4-6 million years and every last living thing on this planet is made from DNA and RNA just like us. All the varied life on this planet had a common start between 3 and 4 billion years ago through natural processes.

Let me make it plain to you: There is not a lick, a speck, an iota, a crumb of empirical evidence that a Creator God made us or anything else. The God story is a fairly tale. No evidence whatsoever supports it.

ruveyn

ruveyn

bigwheel
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Nov 2012, 3:20 pm

Interesting thoughts here. Of course my Bible says the Creation is the proof of which you seek. Can you not see the obvious design in nature? That is the first logical baby step to learning about the rest of the story. The Heavens declare the Glory of God. Got to open them eyes in order to see stuff..lol. Once you get a grasp of an Intelligent Creator..you can take baby step two which is trying to locate Him. Its better than a TV show mystery. Just follow the plan.

Mikkel
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Nov 2012, 3:29 pm

bigwheel wrote:
Interesting thoughts here. Of course my Bible says the Creation is the proof of which you seek. Can you not see the obvious design in nature? That is the first logical baby step to learning about the rest of the story. The Heavens declare the Glory of God. Got to open them eyes in order to see stuff..lol. Once you get a grasp of an Intelligent Creator..you can take baby step two which is trying to locate Him. Its better than a TV show mystery. Just follow the plan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norse_cosmology#Creation

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2012, 3:37 pm

bigwheel wrote:
Of course my Bible says the Creation is the proof of which you seek.

Why not the Talmud
Why not the Qu'ran
Why not the Sunnah
Why not the Tipitaka
Why not the Kitáb-i-Aqdas
Why not the Five Classics
Why not the Jain Agamas
Why not the Tao Te Ching
Why not the Principia Discordia
Why not the Rasa'il al-hikmah
Why not the Vedas
Why not the Bhagavad Gita
Why not the Guru Granth Sahib
Why not the Yasna

What elevates your particular text to a position superior to those mentioned above?

slave
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2012, 6:07 pm

GGPViper wrote:
bigwheel wrote:

Why not the Talmud
Why not the Qu'ran
Why not the Sunnah
Why not the Tipitaka
Why not the Jain Agamas
Why not the Tao Te Ching
Why not the Vedas
Why not the Yasna

What elevates your particular text to a position superior to those mentioned above?

He is Xtian because he was indoctrinated into Xtianity as a child.
If he was born and raised in Saudi he would be Muslim.
And so on and so forth down your list.

The religious mind never considers what you are saying.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2012, 11:37 am

bigwheel wrote:

Design is a characteristic we project onto things that are structured by natural processes. The human brain is genetically wired to connect the dots. Nature provides the dots. Our brains provide "the design" or the underlying theory.

Design is a useful illusion sometime. Design is correct for things made by living sentient beings. It is incorrect for the Cosmos as a whole. The Cosmos is NOT a living thing. It never was.

ruveyn

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2012, 12:06 pm

bigwheel wrote:
Do you know why the Universe was created?

To torment people with that question. :lol:

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2012, 12:13 pm

bigwheel wrote:

Some plan! A pre-scientific screed written by late Bronze Age dudes who think that they can breed striped and spotted sheep by showing them carved twigs. They did not even know that stuff was made of atoms.

ruveyn

bigwheel
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Nov 2012, 1:52 pm

Lol..thats a good one.

Misslizard wrote:
bigwheel wrote:
Do you know why the Universe was created?

To torment people with that question. :lol:

bigwheel
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Nov 2012, 1:56 pm

2 Peter 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

ruveyn wrote:
bigwheel wrote:

Some plan! A pre-scientific screed written by late Bronze Age dudes who think that they can breed striped and spotted sheep by showing them carved twigs. They did not even know that stuff was made of atoms.

ruveyn

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2012, 2:14 pm

bigwheel wrote:
2 Peter 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

So, essentially you believe that the Bible is without error... because the Bible says that the Bible is without error?

bigwheel
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Nov 2012, 12:41 am

Everybody seems intent on stuffing Strange Fire down my mouth parts here..No..I did not say that. I will stick with the Fundy Baptists and claim inerrancy as applicable to the original autographs..whew. I was born on Thursday but it wasn't last Thursday. While the net is being cast kindly prove some errors in it. Thanks.

GGPViper wrote:
bigwheel wrote:

So, essentially you believe that the Bible is without error... because the Bible says that the Bible is without error?

Last edited by bigwheel on 18 Nov 2012, 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

bigwheel
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Nov 2012, 12:51 am

Hey...sorry to have not got back on this sooner but there have been some distractions around here. I do not pay attention to any of that nonsense you mention. I can only attribute Satanic origins to Islam and its attendant writings...other than what was incorporated into their book via the Holy Bible..can only hope the other folks are just misguided. Bhuddhah seems to be a deceased overweight beggar. The Tomb of Christ is empty. What does that tend to show a logical person? If Bhuddah cant get his fat coola out of the grave..how is he gonna help you and I? Kindly get a grip here. Thanks.

GGPViper wrote:
bigwheel wrote:

Why not the Talmud
Why not the Qu'ran
Why not the Sunnah
Why not the Tipitaka
Why not the Jain Agamas
Why not the Tao Te Ching
Why not the Vedas
Why not the Yasna

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2012, 8:07 am

bigwheel wrote:
Everybody seems intent on stuffing Strange Fire down my mouth parts here..No..I did not say that. I will stick with the Fundy Baptists and claim inerrancy as applicable to the original autographs..whew. I was born on Thursday but it wasn't last Thursday. While the net is being cast kindly prove some errors in it. Thanks.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Scientific ... _the_Bible
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science_and_the_Bible

The value of Pi and the shape of the earth stand out...