Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Cockroach96
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2015, 10:35 am

This thread is for posting criticism and jokes about religion.
http://imgur.com/bWnCU2S
http://imgur.com/ON2Vzov

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2015, 10:53 am

Cockroach96 wrote:
This thread is for posting criticism and jokes about religion.
http://imgur.com/bWnCU2S
http://imgur.com/ON2Vzov

*facepalm*

Cockroach96
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2015, 10:56 am

Why do you hate me so much?
This thread doesn't attack anyone, it attacks BS ideas.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2015, 10:58 am

Here's something my brother once asked me when we were younger.

Could God make a rock so heavy even He couldn't lift it?

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2015, 11:02 am

Cockroach96 wrote:
Why do you hate me so much?
This thread doesn't attack anyone, it attacks BS ideas.

No no Cockroach96, I don't hate anyone, everything you have been posting is being reported to the moderators. I face palmed cause your digging your hole deeper.

Cockroach96
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2015, 11:15 am

How am I digging the hole deeper by attacking ideas?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2015, 11:22 am

You have to understand: to some people, their religion is their life and their reason for living.

People will not react well if you are attacking their life.

I'm an atheist--but I don't attack people's personal beliefs.

It's all a matter of that thing called "faith."

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2015, 4:14 pm

Cockroach96 wrote:

It's the way you're doing it. It's basically a dedicated religion bashing thread set up like this.

Why do we even need a Religion Criticism And Mockery Thread?

The word "Mockery" sours it quite a lot. Just replacing that with "Jokes" seems to me to make it seem significantly better. But the whole thing just seems needlessly inflammatory.

When it comes to people doing what they want, as long as it isn't harming anyone else, I'm okay with it. So laughing about people praying when that doesn't harm anyone doesn't seem like it's got any upside.

I assume you're an atheist. So how would you feel about an Atheism Criticism And Mockery Thread?

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2015, 4:23 pm

Ooooookay, I found my way down to your other thread, so my post probably isn't going to work on you. And I don't know how to go about dealing with such backwards and extremist views, after seeing what others already tried on you. That is if you aren't just trolling.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2015, 5:45 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
You have to understand: to some people, their religion is their life and their reason for living.

Don't care. Religion should be mocked mercilessly. I respect people but not their delusions.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2015, 5:49 pm

Drake wrote:
Cockroach96 wrote:

It's the way you're doing it. It's basically a dedicated religion bashing thread set up like this.

The word "Mockery" sours it quite a lot. Just replacing that with "Jokes" seems to me to make it seem significantly better. But the whole thing just seems needlessly inflammatory.

When it comes to people doing what they want, as long as it isn't harming anyone else, I'm okay with it. So laughing about people praying when that doesn't harm anyone doesn't seem like it's got any upside.

I assume you're an atheist. So how would you feel about an Atheism Criticism And Mockery Thread?

How does faith not harm anyone? Faith in prayer often makes people neglect to take science-based medical advice, and result in the deaths of children. Faith that God is in control makes people doubt the science of climate change. Faith that a holy book is correct makes people kill other people by burying them half in the ground and throwing rocks at their head...

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2015, 5:59 pm

AspE wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Don't care. Religion should be mocked mercilessly. I respect people but not their delusions.

Why? Mockery is counterproductive.

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2015, 6:03 pm

While I'm an atheist and think that religion is one of the worst things the human mind and societies can come up with, I agree mockery is counterproductive. You aren't going to deconvert people by mocking them, so what would be the point? Just something in order to make you feel better about yourself?

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2015, 6:04 pm

AspE wrote:
Drake wrote:
Cockroach96 wrote:

How does faith not harm anyone? Faith in prayer often makes people neglect to take science-based medical advice, and result in the deaths of children. Faith that God is in control makes people doubt the science of climate change. Faith that a holy book is correct makes people kill other people by burying them half in the ground and throwing rocks at their head...

Like I said, as long as it isn't harming anyone else, I'm okay with it. These things are harmful, so I am certainly against them. The climate change one a lot less so because only a select very few people would be in a position to actually do any damage based on that.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2015, 10:48 am

Drake wrote:
AspE wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Why? Mockery is counterproductive.

I disagree. I have often reconsidered my opinions or actions after being mocked. It's the basis of most political satire.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2015, 11:03 am

SilverProteus wrote:
While I'm an atheist and think that religion is one of the worst things the human mind and societies can come up with, I agree mockery is counterproductive. You aren't going to deconvert people by mocking them, so what would be the point? Just something in order to make you feel better about yourself?

Christianity has a wussy stereotype associated with it(i.e. Ned Flanders). Therefore, atheists who mock it regularly probably think that they're "bad-azz". :roll: