13 Nov 2012, 10:34 pm

Translation: "Our side lost the election, wah!"

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2012, 10:36 pm

MDD123 wrote:
Translation: "Our side lost the election, wah!"

Translation #2: "Since you hate us so much, we're going to punish you by depriving you of our presence!"

(... and there was much rejoicing ...)

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

13 Nov 2012, 10:42 pm

@ruveyn: We still have the same president, we still have to pay taxes, but believe me, there is still a world of difference between WA(+ the entire PNW) and New Jersey besides the geographical distance.

I'd wager that the Pacific Northwest and the state of Texas are by far the most autonomous, self-sufficient regions of the US. Texas is economically so but not culturally. As for the Pacific Northwest, it's more like Scandinavia than America TBH.

LeeAnderson
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 12:17 am

I signed the Tennessee secession petition. :wink:

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 2:54 am

If the south decides to secede again, we should just let them go. We'd be better off without them.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 5:20 am

LKL wrote:
If the south decides to secede again, we should just let them go. We'd be better off without them.

They have most of the tobacco. A lot of smokers would be upset.

ruveyn

abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 5:31 am

ruveyn wrote:
abacacus wrote:
Let 'em moan. Not only will it never happen, if it did somehow pan out then said states would be begging for the remaining states to take 'em back within five years.

We would not know unless the secession were permitted. The first time secession was tried 620,000 Americans died a bloody nasty death and 1.5 million were maimed and torn. This in a country with a population of only 30 million.

ruveyn

I can be pretty sure. I'll wager a good 90% of the people signing these petitions don't know the slightest thing about how screwed they'd be if they became an independent country, especially about how much their government would be forced to grow and how much their taxes would [/i]need[/i] to be raised in order to maintain things they never really think of like roads and education.

You will reap what you've sown.

CSBurks
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 5:50 am

abacacus wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
abacacus wrote:
Let 'em moan. Not only will it never happen, if it did somehow pan out then said states would be begging for the remaining states to take 'em back within five years.

We would not know unless the secession were permitted. The first time secession was tried 620,000 Americans died a bloody nasty death and 1.5 million were maimed and torn. This in a country with a population of only 30 million.

ruveyn

I can be pretty sure. I'll wager a good 90% of the people signing these petitions don't know the slightest thing about how screwed they'd be if they became an independent country, especially about how much their government would be forced to grow and how much their taxes would [/i]need[/i] to be raised in order to maintain things they never really think of like roads and education.

Taxes would go up, but they wouldn't be paying federal taxes.

DiscardedWhisper
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Nov 2012, 7:25 am

Vexcalibur wrote:
AspieRogue wrote:
What do you people make of this? Obviously it's chances of success are < 0.01%(less than 1 in 10,000). What I do think just might happen though, if this continues forward, is a military coup against President Obama.

lol.

Quote:
The petitions for permission to secede will be denied for sure, but it is a public way of protesting the newly elected Obama administration. It is a public demonstration of No Confidence. Just take it for what it is. A public ploy to make a political point.
And a bit racist.

It's not automatically considered racist to find fault with Barack Obama.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 7:33 am

DiscardedWhisper wrote:
Vexcalibur wrote:
AspieRogue wrote:
What do you people make of this? Obviously it's chances of success are < 0.01%(less than 1 in 10,000). What I do think just might happen though, if this continues forward, is a military coup against President Obama.

lol.

Quote:
The petitions for permission to secede will be denied for sure, but it is a public way of protesting the newly elected Obama administration. It is a public demonstration of No Confidence. Just take it for what it is. A public ploy to make a political point.
And a bit racist.

But asking for secession clearly is.

I mean, really. All of the previous US presidents and the next will have people that find fault with them. But of course, it is the black dude who got the first threats of secession just after being elected 4 years ago.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

14 Nov 2012, 10:24 am

Secession seems logical given the excesses in Washington. What other way can people actually change their government at this point? We do not elect a dictator, we do not want to be enslaved with debt, we cannot continue fighting endless wars. Perhaps a more devolved United States would be better for the US and the world.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 10:32 am

ruveyn wrote:
LKL wrote:

They have most of the tobacco. A lot of smokers would be upset.

ruveyn

And Booze,lots of the best whiskey and bourbon.And food,and lots of pretty women,more beauty queens in South than anywhere else.
Ever ate real B.B.Q. LKL?
If we secede again were keeping the recipe,amd no more Kentucky Fried chicken for you :lol:

CSBurks
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 10:46 am

Vexcalibur wrote:
DiscardedWhisper wrote:
Vexcalibur wrote:
AspieRogue wrote:

lol.

Quote:
And a bit racist.

I mean, really. All of the previous US presidents and the next will have people that find fault with them. But of course, it is the black dude who got the first threats of secession just after being elected 4 years ago.

There's nothing racist about secession or opposing Obama. After 12 years of the same polices, are people not allowed to be upset?

Seabass
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Nov 2012, 11:59 am

CSBurks wrote:
Vexcalibur wrote:
DiscardedWhisper wrote:
Vexcalibur wrote:
AspieRogue wrote:

lol.

Quote:
And a bit racist.

There's nothing racist about secession or opposing Obama. After 12 years of the same polices, are people not allowed to be upset?

Fo' real. Especially with events that are coming up. *COUGH* crash of the dollar *COUGH*

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 12:13 pm

Vexcalibur wrote:

The first rumble of secession happened during the war of 1812. The ports of New England, especially Boston were closed by the government and there was a move (never completed) for the New England states to secede from the Union.

Secession has no necessary connection to racism.

ruveyn

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

14 Nov 2012, 12:32 pm

Secession of 13 British colonies is how our country came into existence. If the people of such and such state or region wanted to peacefully succeed from their state or the US as whole would then why shouldn't they?