Page 5 of 11 [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next

Should states be allowed to withdraw from the union if a majority of the state's population agrees?
Yes! 45%  45%  [ 24 ]
No! 21%  21%  [ 11 ]
Oh look, SHEEP! 34%  34%  [ 18 ]
Total votes : 53

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2012, 1:50 pm

Someone needs to stop drinking the DNC's kool-aid...

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2012, 1:57 pm

Is anyone going to the premiere of The Hobbit?

I hear they've cast Carl Rove as Sméagol.

"They've stolen the preciousss! It was oursss! We hates the Baracksesss! We hates them all!"

:lol:

"Fox Noise" == Good one!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2012, 4:24 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Yes, a child under 18 does have to worry about the safety net being there, as poor parents can't provide food, clothing, shelter, or medical care for their children unless they are the recipients of that net themselves.

Actually the child can be taken away due to neglect Kraichgauer... The sad thing is right now I don't see people able to find jobs for the next 4 years due to the Obama Administration's anti-business agenda.

Kraichgauer wrote:
I'm very happy to hear that your relation with Down's Syndrome wasn't aborted. But the fact remains, that was almost certainly the doctor who was trying to decide which human life was worthy, not the government. And if anything, people with disabilities will be covered by Obamacare now, rather than be left lost at sea due to a preexisting condition.

Uh have you actually looked into the text of Obamacare? My cousin would have been considered an undesirable for the same reason the elderly is considered undesirable in their cost/benefit analysis.

Kraichgauer wrote:
And the fact of the matter is, everyone from Chris Christie to Bobby Jindel, as well as other Republican leaders agree that the Republican party had disregarded half the country on racial and economic lines. Remember Romney saying he had no intention of representing half the country? Well, half the country logically rejected him. For the Republican Party to ever win the White House again, they will have to learn the best candidate isn't the most right wing, but the most moderate. And that means no more insane conspiracy theories demonizing political opponents, no more "my way or the highway" idea of how government is supposed to work, no more courting extreme fringe religious and social movements, etc.

This is partially addressed in my statement that Republicans let Democrats and the Left Wing media choose our nominee. Mitt Romney wasn't exactly the best candidate for office.

Personally concerning the abortion fight, I think the GOP should run a senate candidate that survived an abortion and actually was born. Then survived being tossed into the trash can thanks to a kind nurse. Then I'd love to see the Democrats attack that candidate for being pro-life, and I guarentee they would. I can easily see that Republican winning the women vote, because even if women didn't necessarily agree with said candidate, they would understand the candidate's reason for being pro-life and would respect it.

Kraichgauer wrote:
And yes, Virginia, voter suppression is real. I've talked enough abut voter ID laws till I'm blue in the face, so I'll leave it to your memory of what I've written on the subject. Instead, I'll report how the number of voting stations were reduced in predominantly black, poor, and Democratic precincts - while the same was not done in white, socially upscale, and Republican areas.

Both parties are pulling shannigans to try to supress the other side's voters, if the votes are illegitimate because they are foreign nationals, cartoon charecters, etc.; then that is voter fraud; pulling shannigans to keep people whom have the Constitutional right to vote from voting is unethical though.

Pennsylvanian presincts had shannigans going on to supress Republican turnout, so this is an issue involving both sides.

Kraichgauer wrote:
On top of that, the head of the Wisconsin Republican party had said Voter ID laws would deliver Wisconsin into Romney's hands.

You do realize that the head of the Wisconsin Republican Party is essentially accusing Democrats of voter fraud, the kind of fraud that goes on all the time in areas like Chicago, Illinois.

Kraichgauer wrote:
While in Florida, a Republican party worker had reported to the media how the people he worked under considered voter outreach to minorities to be "below the Republican party." The Republican establishment (not all Republicans, like yourself, mind you) had decided that blacks, Latinos, and the poor constituted that 47% of Romney's and so were considered below contempt.

Uh, you may want to check as to whether or not this party worker is actually a Republican party worker... It has happened that Democrats have posed as Republicans or Tea Partiers in the past in order to further the bogus accusation that Tea Partiers are racist. There have been incidents where White Supremists have shown up to Tea Party events or Republican/Conservative events like CPAC, and were promptly thrown out. So if that individual was really a Republican party worker, it is likely he was thrown out of the party not long after that interview.

Kraichgauer wrote:
And as for voter fraud this last election - as Rev. Al Sharpton had observed, people who want to commit voter fraud aren't going to stand for five or six hours out in the cold just to vote. And the simple fact of the matter is, this so called fight against voter fraud has been directed solely against blacks and Latinos - I have yet to see whites in large numbers come under scrutiny.

Giving people "free gifts" to vote a certain way is also a crime Kraichgauer.

The plan: offering cheap vodka ... for votes.

It was part of a scheme to steal an election in eastern Arkansas that included absentee ballot fraud and buying votes with money, food and even alcohol.

"I guess I always knew all along it was wrong, but I really didn't think it was that big a deal," explained former Democratic state Rep. Hudson Hallum. "I always heard ... that's what everybody did."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10 ... z2CUowxuMd

Btw, the Democrat in question has pled guilty, so I don't think anyone can argue the validity of the article (well they could but they'd be rather stupid to do so). Anyways, other media outlets to my knowledge refused to report on this, which is also why I don't consider other outlets to be "news sources" anymore.

Kraichgauer wrote:
As for why Romney lost - a major problem was that he, Ryan, their campaign, as well as Fox and Limbaugh quite simply deluded themselves. They disregarded the polls as favoring the Democrats, and fell for their own party propaganda.

I think the reason Romney lost was primarily because he was a wealthy Massachusetts moderate and that he had a rich father. If the Republicans had run someone whom was from a middle class background, or grew up in poverty and worked his way up the income ladder, I think that individual would have done a lot better (and in all honesty pretty much every candidate in the Republican primary except Romney was from a middle class background or impoverished childhood).

Fox News and Limbaugh both had valid points concerning the polls as well, the factor that they didn't take into account is a lot of people would turn out for Obama simply because of his race and the left-wing media furthering the bull**** argument that Republicans were after Obama because he was black.

Fact of the matter is Republicans wanted Obama out of office because of his far-left policies, his demonization of small business owners, and things like Operation Fast & Furious; we didn't give a rats *** what color Obama's skin pigmentation was. However, the Obama's 1000+ press secretaries did everything they could to demonize Republicans in order to ensure that Obama got re-elected. Their assistance in covering up Benghazi is case and point.

There is a need for social programs so CPS can't take children away from parents whose only crime is being poor.
As for Obamacare and death panels - that same old song and dance has been discredited a long time ago.
The reason why Romney had ended up the nominee was because all the other Republican hopefuls who had their 15 minutes in the spotlight - Rick Perry, Bachmann, Santorum - all had veered to the lunatic right, and self-destructed. In the case of the pizza man; a scandal about his personal behavior sank him. The most intellectually sound candidates, like Paul and Huntsman, never had a chance. Romney in fact won by behaving like a right wing buffoon to placate the nutjobs who have taken control of the Republican party.
What evidence is there of voter fraud in Wisconsin among the Democrats? An accusation doesn't make it necessarily so.
And yes, that Florida Republican official was just what he claimed he was. He spoke out because he had been so outraged by the racism of his superiors. Just because you don't have any racist motivation doesn't mean that's the same for other Republicans.
And who says the people Rev. Al was referring to were given free gifts? They were in fact motivated by fear that if they didn't vote in this last election, the vote might not be available to them in the next.
In regard to Arkansas - there's a long history of corruption in politics there with both parties, much like their neighbor, Texas. It's just business as usual there for everyone.
Regarding people voting for Obama simply because of the color of his skin - that's been a charge leveled by Limbaugh and Fox since day one. Have they ever taken into consideration that Obama simply represents their interests? And yes, there was a racial component - blacks and Latinos very much feared a Romney presidency, as Romney apparently counted them in that 47% he told his rich friends he wasn't going to represent.
Maybe the Republicans could have won the election had they run someone who had more in common with the American people, rather than an out of touch son of a tycoon. And in actuality, had Romney stuck with being a moderate, he'd have had a better chance of winning. But the Republican leadership has deluded themselves into thinking the tea party represents mainstream America, and that simply is completely incorrect. Had Romney run as the guy he had once been in Massachusetts, we might have a President Elect Romney now.
As for Republicans voting against Obama for policy matters - sure, absolutely. I have no problem with that. I voted against Republicans for just the same reasons. But that's the nature of politics. Though the fact of the matter is, plenty of Republicans had voted against the President for crazy conspiracy theories, or because they've demonized him, thinking he's the most evil person since Hitler. And sadly, there have been some who voted against him for racial reasons - though I still like to believe those are a minority.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2012, 9:01 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
:roll:

Someone needs to get away from the Fox Noise for a while.

Your strident disapproval of Fox is reason enough to watch it exclusively.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2012, 9:03 pm

The Fox Network is fit only for watching The Simpsons, American Dad, The Cleveland Show, and Family Guy.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Darkone101
Toucan
Toucan

18 Nov 2012, 12:14 am

Cleveland show? Someone is from the east....

If I recall Texas had some short of void contract loop hole when they joined the USA. Same with Montana and gun control?

This is more then Obama getting four more years of playing with health care. It's the government changing and taxing all the want even when the wishes of the people are different.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2012, 12:20 am

Darkone101 wrote:
Cleveland show? Someone is from the east...

No, it's on every Sunday night here in Anaheim.

Darkone101
Toucan
Toucan

18 Nov 2012, 12:42 am

A joke. I agree it's near impossible for these states to cut free(Especially land lock states) but the USA needs to change back to when we where powerful. We need to stop playing peace keeper and heal our self before we can heal the world.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2012, 12:53 am

Agreed. We can't rebuild our country if we're too busy rebuilding others'.

I say we cut off all foreign aid and let the rest of the world settle their differences while we build up our own strengths in education, infrastructure, law enforcement, health care, and military strength. In the process, we'll create more opportunities for domestic employment.

We can do it, as long as the effort is purely secular and not based or reliant on any one religion.

Darkone101
Toucan
Toucan

18 Nov 2012, 11:45 am

I agree but sadly we can not cut all or else we will fall. China has been bank rolling us for some time now.But why should we take care of kids in Africa when we have kids in the same boat?

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2012, 9:39 pm

In all 50, about a million have signed up. at less than 1/3 of 1%, I think Rhode Island has more. We have nowhere small enough to put them!

When the Republicans win many more Democrats say they are moving to Canada, and Canada is thankful they do not.

Now they have done it, all the right wing crazies, the Tea Party, have exposed their numbers, which are outnumbered by Aspies three to one.

We are bigger than somebody! They have political power, we must protest something, or be for something, or something.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2012, 1:35 am

Inventor wrote:
In all 50, about a million have signed up. at less than 1/3 of 1%, I think Rhode Island has more. We have nowhere small enough to put them!

When the Republicans win many more Democrats say they are moving to Canada, and Canada is thankful they do not.

Now they have done it, all the right wing crazies, the Tea Party, have exposed their numbers, which are outnumbered by Aspies three to one.

We are bigger than somebody! They have political power, we must protest something, or be for something, or something.

We Aspies outnumber the tea baggers - YAAAAY!

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2012, 4:30 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Inventor wrote:

Still that would make it hard for Obama to crush a rebellion. He would not be able to fight a war here and protect our international interests at the same time, and it would be ignorant for him not to acknowledge that. Keep in mind that those petition signers are only the ones that outed themselves. There is conservatively another 11-12 million armed citizens that could be provoked by an abusive Obama administration.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2012, 9:44 am

John_Browning wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inventor wrote:

Still that would make it hard for Obama to crush a rebellion. He would not be able to fight a war here and protect our international interests at the same time, and it would be ignorant for him not to acknowledge that. Keep in mind that those petition signers are only the ones that outed themselves. There is conservatively another 11-12 million armed citizens that could be provoked by an abusive Obama administration.

Just enough for a bloody civil war and a Lost Cause. The Union (i.e. the central government) can deploy enough force to crush any rebellion or insurrection. If the Opposition wants to bring down the whole rotten structure they can do it by subtle means. By not contributing their strength and brains. By subversion. By sabotage. Open rebellion is a bloody exercise in futility. How are guys armed with rifles and automatic firearms going to oppose helicopters, tanks and plaines.

Look at what happened in Taineman Square. Guess who lost?

ruveyn

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2012, 9:50 am

ruveyn wrote:
John_Browning wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inventor wrote:

Just enough for a bloody civil war and a Lost Cause. The Union (i.e. the central government) can deploy enough force to crush any rebellion or insurrection. If the Opposition wants to bring down the whole rotten structure they can do it by subtle means. By not contributing their strength and brains. By subversion. By sabotage. Open rebellion is a bloody exercise in futility. How are guys armed with rifles and automatic firearms going to oppose helicopters, tanks and plaines.

Look at what happened in Taineman Square. Guess who lost?

ruveyn

I'd support the use of nerve gas and neutron bombs against traitors.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2012, 9:53 am

GoonSquad wrote:
I'd support the use of nerve gas and neutron bombs against traitors.

1. There are no neutron bombs. The project to produced them was cancelled under the Carter Administration.

2. With or without your support (or mine) such nasty weapons as gas will be used. Just recall what the Union forces did to Vicksburg MI. They bombarded the city every day and laid a siege so that women and children for forced to eat cats, dogs and rats.

ruveyn