Page 4 of 11 [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next

noxnocturne
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Nov 2012
Age: 44
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,693
Location: Harassing Muggles

18 Nov 2012, 2:21 pm

I'm going to go stock up on fruit pies before they're all gone.



ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2008
Age: 86
Gender: Male
Posts: 31,502
Location: New Jersey

18 Nov 2012, 3:21 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Just what exactly are those "Eleven herbs and spices", anyway?


IIRC, someone did a chemical analysis once and discovered that there are really only 4 things in the KFC coating, and they are salt, pepper, flour, and MSG. I never did trust that colonel...


The colonel's method of cooking makes them the best fried chicken you can buy.

ruveyn



Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 58
Gender: Female
Posts: 18,177
Location: Aux Arcs

18 Nov 2012, 3:34 pm

^^^^True,I miss K.F.C., I don't eat it anymore because I know what the inside of a commercial Tyson chicken looks like.
But I have memories of buckets of K.F.C. from childhood,it was good.



DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Feb 2008
Gender: Female
Posts: 13,475
Location: Northern California

18 Nov 2012, 4:13 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
The reduced pay and benefits was the result of a bankruptcy court decision, the company couldn't afford to pay people any more money. Teamsters Union recognized that fact, while the bakers union simply didn't care.


I think it was probably more an issue of not wanting to go down with the sinking ship. It was in bankruptcy court; there was no guarantee that even accepting reductions could save the jobs.


_________________
Mom to an amazing young adult AS son, plus an also amazing non-AS daughter. Most likely part of the "Broader Autism Phenotype" (some traits).


Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Sep 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 17,425

18 Nov 2012, 5:33 pm

Hostess is moving operations to Mexico.
I believe that this was the plan all along.

Sylkat



Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Feb 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,014
Location: New Orleans

18 Nov 2012, 7:18 pm

Where is baking involved in a Twinkie Machine?

Nothing will be left but the chemical formula, and the new robot.

From the darkness of lights out manufacturing, to robots loading Teamster trucks, Twinkalitos will reappear as an imported food like subtance.

The Teamsters will still have the hauling contract.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 46,336
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

18 Nov 2012, 9:09 pm

Sylkat wrote:
Hostess is moving operations to Mexico.
I believe that this was the plan all along.

Sylkat


If so, then this has been nothing but a lousy scheme to toss Americans out of work, all the while putting the blame on union members. Pretty sh***y on Hostess' part, if you ask me.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer



Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Feb 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,014
Location: New Orleans

18 Nov 2012, 9:49 pm

In a related story thugs from the Bakers Union beat up the Kebler Elves, telling them to join the Union, or they could have an accident.



Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 58
Gender: Female
Posts: 18,177
Location: Aux Arcs

18 Nov 2012, 9:55 pm

^^^^^^^ :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:



DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,105
Location: The Infodome

18 Nov 2012, 9:57 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Just what exactly are those "Eleven herbs and spices", anyway?


IIRC, someone did a chemical analysis once and discovered that there are really only 4 things in the KFC coating, and they are salt, pepper, flour, and MSG. I never did trust that colonel...


I always assumed that there was human flesh in it.

Soylent Chicken


_________________
Synthetic carbo-polymers got em through man. They got em through mouse. They got through, and we're gonna get out.
-Roostre

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/


Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 58
Gender: Female
Posts: 18,177
Location: Aux Arcs

18 Nov 2012, 10:08 pm

Mmmmmmmmmmm,finger lickin' good. :lol:



DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,105
Location: The Infodome

18 Nov 2012, 10:12 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Sp-VFBbjpE[/youtube]


_________________
Synthetic carbo-polymers got em through man. They got em through mouse. They got through, and we're gonna get out.
-Roostre

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/


auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 110,656
Location: the island of defective toy santas

18 Nov 2012, 11:13 pm

those who say flour, salt, pepper and msg are the "11 secret herbs and spices" may be leaving the preprepared chicken marinade out of the equation. anyways, i'm apparently too late to join the mad rush to scarf up the remaining hostess fatbombs. :( my body might thank me, though.

btw, KFC barbecued chicken breasts are food of the gods. Image



Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 58
Gender: Female
Posts: 18,177
Location: Aux Arcs

18 Nov 2012, 11:20 pm

^^^^^^^ Deat auntblabby,How is your arm doing??



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 110,656
Location: the island of defective toy santas

19 Nov 2012, 12:34 am

Misslizard wrote:
^^^^^^^ Dear auntblabby, How is your arm doing??

thank you for remembering me :D i am on the slow boat to recovery [if not china ;) ]- the month after the accident was hell on wheels, i felt like taking a long walk off of a short pier then. but i am much better now, not healed but at least i can take care of my own physical needs now [brushing/flossing/personal hygiene/feeding myself]. i still don't know why god allowed this to happen to me. i don't really know for sure what i was supposed to learn from this. :duh: anyways, i treated myself to a special treat as a consolation to myself, a KFC barbecued chicken breast which i could barely eat due to not being able to bend my left arm enough to bring it to my mouth, so i had to take a fork and knife to it. still delicious, though :mrgreen: if i could've predicted the future with hostess' demise, i woulda had a twinkie for dessert Image



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 46,336
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

19 Nov 2012, 1:12 am

auntblabby wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
^^^^^^^ Dear auntblabby, How is your arm doing??

thank you for remembering me :D i am on the slow boat to recovery [if not china ;) ]- the month after the accident was hell on wheels, i felt like taking a long walk off of a short pier then. but i am much better now, not healed but at least i can take care of my own physical needs now [brushing/flossing/personal hygiene/feeding myself]. i still don't know why god allowed this to happen to me. i don't really know for sure what i was supposed to learn from this. :duh: anyways, i treated myself to a special treat as a consolation to myself, a KFC barbecued chicken breast which i could barely eat due to not being able to bend my left arm enough to bring it to my mouth, so i had to take a fork and knife to it. still delicious, though :mrgreen: if i could've predicted the future with hostess' demise, i woulda had a twinkie for dessert Image


Don't know how much it helped, but my church prayed for you.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer