Page 1 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Satanist
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Nov 2012, 4:46 pm

http://www.churchofsatan.com/Pages/Sins.html

1. Stupidity—The top of the list for Satanic Sins. The Cardinal Sin of Satanism. It’s too bad that stupidity isn’t painful. Ignorance is one thing, but our society thrives increasingly on stupidity. It depends on people going along with whatever they are told. The media promotes a cultivated stupidity as a posture that is not only acceptable but laudable. Satanists must learn to see through the tricks and cannot afford to be stupid.

2. Pretentiousness—Empty posturing can be most irritating and isn’t applying the cardinal rules of Lesser Magic. On equal footing with stupidity for what keeps the money in circulation these days. Everyone’s made to feel like a big shot, whether they can come up with the goods or not.

3. Solipsism—Can be very dangerous for Satanists. Projecting your reactions, responses and sensibilities onto someone who is probably far less attuned than you are. It is the mistake of expecting people to give you the same consideration, courtesy and respect that you naturally give them. They won’t. Instead, Satanists must strive to apply the dictum of “Do unto others as they do unto you.” It’s work for most of us and requires constant vigilance lest you slip into a comfortable illusion of everyone being like you. As has been said, certain utopias would be ideal in a nation of philosophers, but unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately, from a Machiavellian standpoint) we are far from that point.

4. Self-deceit—It’s in the “Nine Satanic Statements” but deserves to be repeated here. Another cardinal sin. We must not pay homage to any of the sacred cows presented to us, including the roles we are expected to play ourselves. The only time self-deceit should be entered into is when it’s fun, and with awareness. But then, it’s not self-deceit!

5. Herd Conformity—That’s obvious from a Satanic stance. It’s all right to conform to a person’s wishes, if it ultimately benefits you. But only fools follow along with the herd, letting an impersonal entity dictate to you. The key is to choose a master wisely instead of being enslaved by the whims of the many.

6. Lack of Perspective—Again, this one can lead to a lot of pain for a Satanist. You must never lose sight of who and what you are, and what a threat you can be, by your very existence. We are making history right now, every day. Always keep the wider historical and social picture in mind. That is an important key to both Lesser and Greater Magic. See the patterns and fit things together as you want the pieces to fall into place. Do not be swayed by herd constraints—know that you are working on another level entirely from the rest of the world.

7. Forgetfulness of Past Orthodoxies—Be aware that this is one of the keys to brainwashing people into accepting something new and different, when in reality it’s something that was once widely accepted but is now presented in a new package. We are expected to rave about the genius of the creator and forget the original. This makes for a disposable society.

8. Counterproductive Pride—That first word is important. Pride is great up to the point you begin to throw out the baby with the bathwater. The rule of Satanism is: if it works for you, great. When it stops working for you, when you’ve painted yourself into a corner and the only way out is to say, I’m sorry, I made a mistake, I wish we could compromise somehow, then do it.

9. Lack of Aesthetics—This is the physical application of the Balance Factor. Aesthetics is important in Lesser Magic and should be cultivated. It is obvious that no one can collect any money off classical standards of beauty and form most of the time so they are discouraged in a consumer society, but an eye for beauty, for balance, is an essential Satanic tool and must be applied for greatest magical effectiveness. It’s not what’s supposed to be pleasing—it’s what is. Aesthetics is a personal thing, reflective of one’s own nature, but there are universally pleasing and harmonious configurations that should not be denied.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2012, 6:07 pm

Do Satanists have a belief in a post mortal existence?

How does Satan reward and punish those, who succeed or fail to conform to his rules accordingly? Moreover if Satan opposes God for being a tyrant, how is he any better than God for having such rules?

Then the main thing which puts me off Satanism, less Satan but the idea of hell itself. Not even Satanists to my knowledge have tried to portray hell as anything but a fiery pit of torture and anguish. Thats why i think the Christians, Jews and muslims have the better sell here, sorry.

Satanist
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Nov 2012, 6:37 pm

thomas81 wrote:
Do Satanists have a belief in a post mortal existence?

How does Satan reward and punish those, who succeed or fail to conform to his rules accordingly? Moreover if Satan opposes God for being a tyrant, how is he any better than God for having such rules?

Then the main thing which puts me off Satanism, less Satan but the idea of hell itself. Not even Satanists to my knowledge have tried to portray hell as anything but a fiery pit of torture and anguish. Thats why i think the Christians, Jews and muslims have the better sell here, sorry.

The Horn God doesn't punish.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2012, 6:40 pm

Then what deterrence is there to disobey his rules?

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2012, 7:01 pm

Satanist wrote:
http://www.churchofsatan.com/Pages/Sins.html

1. Stupidity—The top of the list for Satanic Sins. The Cardinal Sin of Satanism. It’s too bad that stupidity isn’t painful. Ignorance is one thing, but our society thrives increasingly on stupidity. It depends on people going along with whatever they are told. The media promotes a cultivated stupidity as a posture that is not only acceptable but laudable. Satanists must learn to see through the tricks and cannot afford to be stupid.

2. Pretentiousness—Empty posturing can be most irritating and isn’t applying the cardinal rules of Lesser Magic. On equal footing with stupidity for what keeps the money in circulation these days. Everyone’s made to feel like a big shot, whether they can come up with the goods or not.

3. Solipsism—Can be very dangerous for Satanists. Projecting your reactions, responses and sensibilities onto someone who is probably far less attuned than you are. It is the mistake of expecting people to give you the same consideration, courtesy and respect that you naturally give them. They won’t. Instead, Satanists must strive to apply the dictum of “Do unto others as they do unto you.” It’s work for most of us and requires constant vigilance lest you slip into a comfortable illusion of everyone being like you. As has been said, certain utopias would be ideal in a nation of philosophers, but unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately, from a Machiavellian standpoint) we are far from that point.

4. Self-deceit—It’s in the “Nine Satanic Statements” but deserves to be repeated here. Another cardinal sin. We must not pay homage to any of the sacred cows presented to us, including the roles we are expected to play ourselves. The only time self-deceit should be entered into is when it’s fun, and with awareness. But then, it’s not self-deceit!

5. Herd Conformity—That’s obvious from a Satanic stance. It’s all right to conform to a person’s wishes, if it ultimately benefits you. But only fools follow along with the herd, letting an impersonal entity dictate to you. The key is to choose a master wisely instead of being enslaved by the whims of the many.

6. Lack of Perspective—Again, this one can lead to a lot of pain for a Satanist. You must never lose sight of who and what you are, and what a threat you can be, by your very existence. We are making history right now, every day. Always keep the wider historical and social picture in mind. That is an important key to both Lesser and Greater Magic. See the patterns and fit things together as you want the pieces to fall into place. Do not be swayed by herd constraints—know that you are working on another level entirely from the rest of the world.

7. Forgetfulness of Past Orthodoxies—Be aware that this is one of the keys to brainwashing people into accepting something new and different, when in reality it’s something that was once widely accepted but is now presented in a new package. We are expected to rave about the genius of the creator and forget the original. This makes for a disposable society.

8. Counterproductive Pride—That first word is important. Pride is great up to the point you begin to throw out the baby with the bathwater. The rule of Satanism is: if it works for you, great. When it stops working for you, when you’ve painted yourself into a corner and the only way out is to say, I’m sorry, I made a mistake, I wish we could compromise somehow, then do it.

9. Lack of Aesthetics—This is the physical application of the Balance Factor. Aesthetics is important in Lesser Magic and should be cultivated. It is obvious that no one can collect any money off classical standards of beauty and form most of the time so they are discouraged in a consumer society, but an eye for beauty, for balance, is an essential Satanic tool and must be applied for greatest magical effectiveness. It’s not what’s supposed to be pleasing—it’s what is. Aesthetics is a personal thing, reflective of one’s own nature, but there are universally pleasing and harmonious configurations that should not be denied.

I consider these states or actions I reject and I am no kind of satanist. Satan is as big a fairy tale as God and there is no evidence at all that Satan exists.

ruveyn

Satanist
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Nov 2012, 8:58 pm

thomas81 wrote:

Their isn't one.

Satanist
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Nov 2012, 8:59 pm

ruveyn wrote:
I consider these states or actions I reject and I am no kind of satanist. Satan is as big a fairy tale as God and there is no evidence at all that Satan exists.

ruveyn

You can not prov or disproof him.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2012, 9:08 pm

Satanist wrote:
ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

That is right. Those who claim Satan exists have the burden of proof. Where is the evidence?

anything that can neither be proven or disproven is nonsense or arbitrary supposition.

ruveyn

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2012, 9:11 pm

Satanist wrote:
thomas81 wrote:

Their isn't one.

What is the point of having rules or a concept of 'sin'?

What difference does it make to us?

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2012, 9:30 pm

There are Demons in Buddhism.
But since there is no permanent state of existence,they will not be a demon forever.
In some ceremonies offerings are made to demons,so that they may one day break free of cyclic existence,not to help them to do evil .

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2012, 9:32 pm

that begs the question are there demons in satanism?

Are what Christians regard as demons angels to satanists? Then vice-versa?

FYI Satanist, i'm not deliberately trying to be flippant with you, I am genuinely interested in learning more so sorry if i come across that way.

Satanist
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Nov 2012, 11:03 pm

thomas81 wrote:
Satanist wrote:
thomas81 wrote:

Their isn't one.

What is the point of having rules or a concept of 'sin'?

What difference does it make to us?

We do not believe in Sin.

Satanist
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Nov 2012, 11:06 pm

thomas81 wrote:
that begs the question are there demons in satanism?

Are what Christians regard as demons angels to satanists? Then vice-versa?

FYI Satanist, i'm not deliberately trying to be flippant with you, I am genuinely interested in learning more so sorry if i come across that way.

We pray to Demons their are many here is a short list.

1. Abaddon
2. Adramalech
3. Apollyon
4. Asmodeus
5. Azazel
6. Baalberith
7. Balaam
8. Beelzebub

Satanist
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Nov 2012, 11:08 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Satanist wrote:
ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

That is right. Those who claim Satan exists have the burden of proof. Where is the evidence?

anything that can neither be proven or disproven is nonsense or arbitrary supposition.

ruveyn

Faith is believe with out seeing. We how ever serve the "Horn God" we do not try to prove that he is real.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2012, 11:12 pm

What about Mephistopheles?

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Satanist
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Nov 2012, 11:14 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
What about Mephistopheles?

Hmm he could be one. Aleister Crowley was one of our prophets.