"Flatten Gaza like Hiroshima"Israeli public figure

Page 1 of 11 [ 169 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2012, 7:45 pm

http://electronicintifada.net/blogs/ali ... gures-urge

Blogs » Ali Abunimah's blog
“Flatten” Gaza like Hiroshima and “mow” the population, Israeli public figures urge
Submitted by Ali Abunimah on Sun, 11/18/2012 - 23:20

Palestinian doctors gather to pray around the bodies of four children from the al-Dallu family killed along with 7 other people when an Israeli missile struck a family home in Gaza City, on 18 November 2012.
(Majdi Fathi / APA images)

In the latest horrifying examples of incitement to mass murder by Israeli public figures, Gilad Sharon, the son of former prime minister and notorious war criminal Ariel Sharon, has called for the Israeli army to “flatten” Gaza as the US flattened the Japanese city of Hiroshima in 1945 with an atomic bomb.

“The residents of Gaza are not innocent, they elected Hamas. The Gazans aren’t hostages; they chose this freely, and must live with the consequences,” wrote Sharon in the extremist publication The Jerusalem Post. Sharon elaborated:

We need to flatten entire neighborhoods in Gaza. Flatten all of Gaza. The Americans didn’t stop with Hiroshima – the Japanese weren’t surrendering fast enough, so they hit Nagasaki, too.

There should be no electricity in Gaza, no gasoline or moving vehicles, nothing. Then they’d really call for a ceasefire.

Were this to happen, the images from Gaza might be unpleasant – but victory would be swift, and the lives of our soldiers and civilians spared.

Sharon added that “There is no middle path here – either the Gazans and their infrastructure are made to pay the price, or we reoccupy the entire Gaza Strip.”

As of Sunday night, the end of the fifth day of Israel’s air assault on Gaza, more than 70 Palestinians, half of them civilians, had been killed in hundreds of Israeli airstrikes.
“Don’t give a hoot about Goldstone”

Meanwhile in a message to soldiers, Knesset member Michael Ben-Ari of the National Union party exhorted soldiers to kill without thought or mercy.

“Brothers! Beloved soldiers and commanders - preserve your lives! Don’t give a hoot about Goldstone! There are no innocents in Gaza, don’t let any diplomats who want to look good in the world endanger your lives[;] at any tiniest concern for your lives - Mow them!,” Ben-Ari was quoted as saying by the website HaKol HaYehudi.

Ben-Ari was referring to the UN-commissioned Goldstone report that documented war crimes and crimes against humanity during Israel’s 2008-2009 invasion of Gaza which left more than 1,400 Palestinians, mostly civilians, dead.

“We love you alive and smiling, not, heaven forefend, ‘just’ and dead in Gaza - Sodom [-] there are no righteous men, turn it into rubble. Paint it red! We are worried about you and rely on you. We all do, all of the Nation of Israel,” Ben-Ari added.

The phrase “the Nation of Israel” refers to all members of the Jewish religion, not to citizens of the State Israel, notes Dena Shunra who translated Ben-Ari’s comments.

On 15 November, the second day of an Israeli assault, Ben-Ari addressed a hate rally in Tel Aviv, calling for more bloodshed in Gaza. New video of that rally, which this blog reported on previously, shows Ben-Ari in action.

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2012, 8:18 pm

Here's another link to the same story.

Huffington Post

Well, they aren't sugar-coating it.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2012, 8:27 pm

So Zionists, the game is up. Prominent Rabbis and Israeli politicians arent even trying to humour the facade anymore by trying to dress this up as the defence of Jews. Or even about responding to Palestinian attacks. They've as good as come out and advocated full blown, ethnic cleansing. Theres no way of putting a different spin on it.

Well done Israel, you've become everything you claimed to hate.

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2012, 8:37 pm

I find Israeli self-righteousness disconcerting. I too think they have become what they once feared.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2012, 8:46 pm

Ann2011 wrote:
I find Israeli self-righteousness disconcerting. I too think they have become what they once feared.

Israel is like a single house in a really bad neighborhood. If they have to take the gloves off to deal with their murderous neighbors then let them.
Refereeing from the sidelines is bogus.

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2012, 8:50 pm

Raptor wrote:
Israel is like a single house in a really bad neighborhood. If they have to take the gloves off to deal with their murderous neighbors then let them.

The Israelis are the more murderous (if it's a competition.) And they would do well to stop occupying their neighbour's house.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2012, 9:00 pm

Raptor wrote:
Ann2011 wrote:

Refereeing from the sidelines is bogus.

What they're proposing goes beyond mere 'refereeing'. We're literally talking ethnic cleansing on a par with Yugoslavia circa Milsoveic or Husseins attempted annilhation of the Kurds. Even the damn Israelis arent trying to dress that up anymore.

If we're to continue this tasteless sports analogy, what they plan to do is shoot the opposition players, bulldoze the stadium, and occupy it with troops for good measure. Which sadly, is literally what will be happening.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2012, 9:20 pm

This is all my simple mind can comprehend.
Let's say someone comes onto my property(and we've been in this area for generations)
Comes into my yard and starts cutting down my fruit trees,and then they start building a house on my land I'm going to ask them to stop.
If they won't,I'll ask the law to help.
If they still persist,I will try to reason with them.
Then if they still keep building on my land I will have no alternative than to physically act to get them to leave.What else could I do?
But I understand the desire the Jewish people have to see or live on their homeland,but the Palestinians love their home also.

The Fort of Rathangan
The fort over against the oak wood,
Once it was Bruidge's,it was Aathal's,
It was Aed's,it was Ailill's,
It was Conaing's,it was Cuiline's,
And it was Mallduin's;
The fort remains after each in his turn-
And the kings sleep in the ground.

trans, from the Irish by Anon.
sorry for any miss spelled names

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2012, 9:24 pm

lets see how other pro-Israel types come on to defend the indefensible.

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2012, 11:49 pm

thomas81 wrote:
http://electronicintifada.net/blogs/ali-abunimah/flatten-gaza-hiroshima-and-mow-population-israeli-public-figures-urge

The funny thing is this is written in the same tone and word-sequence that is typical of muslim fanatic organizations.

Plus.. 'electroninfitada' ? bwahahaha....

MarketAndChurch
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2012, 5:04 am

thomas81 wrote:
So Zionists, the game is up. Prominent Rabbis and Israeli politicians arent even trying to humour the facade anymore by trying to dress this up as the defence of Jews. Or even about responding to Palestinian attacks. They've as good as come out and advocated full blown, ethnic cleansing. Theres no way of putting a different spin on it.

Well done Israel, you've become everything you claimed to hate.

Sympathy
Well your preoccupation with a few people being killed is unwarranted and racist at best. If France lived in this neighborhood, it would react in the exact same way as Israel, and we would not have any right to challenge them, considering the primitives that surround them. You shouldn't wait for yourself to have a problem to then be able to sympathize with others who are in that situation. Germany would behave exactly the same way, so would any scandinavian country who had to border Syria, Jordan, Egypt, and have in its territory the West Bank and Gaza.

Square This For Me
You fear the Christian Right in America, and when one of your own -- whose done more for, or is on equal par with Europe, on Gay rights, Womens rights, Animal rights, a liberal press, an activist judiciary, and a democratic state -- comes under attack by folks who make the Christian Right in America look like boyscouts, where are you? Either you believe in those things, or every criticism you have against the Christian Right is meaningless. What does it mean that the far right in America is sexist, when the pioneers of feminism and most of your left-wing causes are viewed by your type as Nazi's, and their sexist bigoted enemies you identify with?

Would you rather live in Israel or Gaza? Would you rather live in Israel, or any of the primitive countries that surround it? Primitives who will be very happy to give you capital punishment for drug use, listening to music they dislike, or having homosexual relations with another man. Primitives who have no respect for a free press or an activist judiciary out to make society more equal. Primitives who allow fathers to kill children who dishonor them, and who worship a culture of death.

What choices do we have?
Sam Harris has stated that there are situations where the beliefs that people hold is so dangerous, that they warrant killing them. Christopher Hitchens affirmed that they may sound blunt, but the tyrants who run Iran qualify. I qualify Palestine for their hostility to YOUR values, my values, and their none desire to construct a secular state. The results of which makes them blow up their children, and launch rockets into Israel that indiscriminately kill people, Arabs and Jews, Men, Women, and Children, the Young and the Old, scientists and school teachers, and so on. If we don't kill them, then nothing short of re-education camps are in order. A battle for the hearts and minds cannot penetrate the amount of hate that occupies the minds of Palestinians, Egyptians, Saudi's, Syrians, Jordanians, and the Turks.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2012, 9:03 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi0nDoG5bRU&sns=em[/youtube]

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2012, 9:03 am

It's too easy to label a group of people such as you are doing ('primitives") and lump them all in to one category and then to dismiss them based on their belonging to this false category. This is how genocidal people think.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2012, 9:30 am

Ann2011 wrote:
It's too easy to label a group of people such as you are doing ('primitives") and lump them all in to one category and then to dismiss them based on their belonging to this false category. This is how genocidal people think.

How are Israelis supposed to think of the Hamas thugs. Hamas has stated uncategorically that it is out to expunge Israel from the face of the earth and wipe out as many Jews as it can. How do you deal with people like that? The only way I know is to exterminate them. Yes, there will be collateral damage (women and children) but my blood and kin is worth any amount of collateral damage entailed in protecting my blood and kin.

When it is Us or Them, I vote for Us.

ruveyn

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2012, 9:33 am

Was wondering if ruveyn would somehow manage to rationalize this.

This is terrible and quite evidence, there are terrorists on both sides.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2012, 9:35 am

Vexcalibur wrote:
Was wondering if ruveyn would somehow manage to rationalize this.

This is terrible and quite evidence, there are terrorists on both sides.

If the Jews of Germany had gotten their act together (in time) and wiped out Hitler and his buddies, would you have objected?

If there is another holocaust this time it will not be the Jews who are the victims and the patsies. Once is enough.

ruveyn