Page 2 of 24 [ 369 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2012, 5:29 pm

marshall wrote:
Libertarians are just secular conservatives. They don't buy the religion stuff but they still believe the need for social hierarchy trumps basic fairness and human decency. That's why they lecture the sick, poor, and disabled about personal responsibility yet think giant bloated corporate robber barons who take in more than they know what to do with have zero responsibility for anyone but themselves and their company bottom line. They claim it's a position of principle, that they have nothing against sharing as long as it's "voluntary", yet strangely those extremely wealthy people who get indignant about paying taxes that might go to some poor, sick, or disabled person don't decide to increase their charity spending once they get their tax breaks. That seems to indicate the reality is they just don't want to give back in any meaningful way. They'd rather use their "generous" philanthropy to pay for giant skyscrapers, museums, and stadiums named after themselves. Those are much higher priorities. Now go ahead libertards, accuse me of "envy" because that's all you've got. :roll:

You are flogging libertarians because they prefer the voluntary to the coerced?

ruveyn

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2012, 5:32 pm

ruveyn wrote:
marshall wrote:
Libertarians are just secular conservatives. They don't buy the religion stuff but they still believe the need for social hierarchy trumps basic fairness and human decency. That's why they lecture the sick, poor, and disabled about personal responsibility yet think giant bloated corporate robber barons who take in more than they know what to do with have zero responsibility for anyone but themselves and their company bottom line. They claim it's a position of principle, that they have nothing against sharing as long as it's "voluntary", yet strangely those extremely wealthy people who get indignant about paying taxes that might go to some poor, sick, or disabled person don't decide to increase their charity spending once they get their tax breaks. That seems to indicate the reality is they just don't want to give back in any meaningful way. They'd rather use their "generous" philanthropy to pay for giant skyscrapers, museums, and stadiums named after themselves. Those are much higher priorities. Now go ahead libertards, accuse me of "envy" because that's all you've got. :roll:

You are flogging libertarians because they prefer the voluntary to the coerced?

ruveyn

That's not the real issue. Wealthy libertarians just don't want to give period. Not if they don't get to put their name on their "charitable foundation" in order to show everyone that they are a good narcissist.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2012, 5:38 pm

marshall wrote:
[

That's not the real issue. Wealthy libertarians just don't want to give period. Not if they don't get to put their name on their "charitable foundation" in order to show everyone that they are a good narcissist.

How the f*ck do know that???? Have you made a careful survey. If so, present the evidence rather than your bigoted unsupported assertions.

You do not have the slightest idea of who give what percent to charity voluntarily. Only the IRS knows that and they are not publishing.

ruveyn

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2012, 5:40 pm

The poor should not be at the mercy of voluntary charity.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2012, 5:42 pm

androbot2084 wrote:

RIght. The government should take the money from where ever it is and give it to the Poor.

The hell with property rights.

The poor have to depend on the compassion and good will of those who are willing to help them.

For example I record books for blind people (poor souls are they). I donate my blood free of charge. Do you want to make that mandatory. If you come after my blood you are a vampire.

ruveyn

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2012, 5:45 pm

Concerning land, all of it belongs to God.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2012, 6:07 pm

androbot2084 wrote:
Concerning land, all of it belongs to God.

Then let Him come and claim it.

ruveyn

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2012, 6:08 pm

androbot2084 wrote:

Right. Those that have two cents to rub together should become the servants of the poor. Right?

ruveyn

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2012, 6:14 pm

The landlords that own vast tracts of land should voluntarily give up the land

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2012, 6:16 pm

androbot2084 wrote:
The landlords that own vast tracts of land should voluntarily give up the land

Give up your computer, there is a thug that thinks he deserves it more than you.

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2012, 6:19 pm

So you believe that English landlords should own all of Ireland?

SpiritBlooms
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2012, 6:52 pm

Last edited by SpiritBlooms on 04 Dec 2012, 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2012, 7:14 pm

Would someone PLEASE get the wet-vac out and suck up some of Marshall’s and ArrantPariah’s tears. If they cry any more we’ll be able to float a Nimitz class carrier in here. :roll:

Quote:
I keep asking different people what conservatives want and I keep getting a different answer.
Give me the whole story and the big picture.

Conservatives are diverse individuals like any other group. With that said any big picture we give you will be misshapen and lopsided.

A few of the things I want but not necessarily in this order:
1. A more stable yet capitalist economy and I don’t care what we have to do to get it. This is probably the most vital thing right now.
2. Smaller but more efficient government at all levels.
3. Welfare reform. We’re not going to get away from wefare so I won’t pretend that we can. I have nothing against those in need getting assistance at taxpayer expense but I have a huge problem with career welfare recipients who won’t lift a finger to help themselves even in the best of economic times and to add insult to injury they carelessly breed more of the same kind.
4. Strong military: Well, if we’re going to have our fingers in so many global pies and play big brother to the world then we need a big stick and big sticks are expensive.
It’s either pay for the big stick or become isolationists.

I could go on but this will do for now[u]

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2012, 7:17 pm

But, you're an atheist, and therefore a *gasp* Liberal.

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2012, 7:19 pm

My conservative mechanic wanted to void my warranty when I told him I wanted to use green recycled oil.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2012, 7:28 pm

androbot2084 wrote:
My conservative mechanic wanted to void my warranty when I told him I wanted to use green recycled oil.

That's not the mechanic or conservatism but the manufacturer's conditions in order to maintain the warranty.